Sandy's OMAD Journal

Options

Replies

• wsandy8512
    wsandy8512 Posts: 1,897 Member
    Options
    @Shans, that is one reason I made it, it's been a long for me, too. Plus, when not eating chips, it's the perfect thing to accompany a sandwich. :-)
  • 1MADGIRL
    1MADGIRL Posts: 838 Member
    Options
    AH that looks amazing!
  • wsandy8512
    Options
    87jzdhoccjfu.jpg

Sausage, egg, baby kale, baby spinach, onion, tomato, and feta cheese crustless quiche, hamburger with a romaine "bun", 1 whole honey crisp apple.
  • Brendalea69
    Brendalea69 Posts: 3,863 Member
    Options
    Yummy again!!! :p
  • shans34
    shans34 Posts: 535 Member
    Options
    Such pretty meals
  • wsandy8512
    Options
    Yummy again!!! :p

Sans the apple, salsa and tomato, it's a Brenda-friendly meal. I think you would've liked it :-)
  • wsandy8512
    Options
    shans34 wrote: »
    Such pretty meals

Thank you, I love color. Sometimes meals are bland, but the more colorful the better I feel afterwards for some weird reason. lol
  • wsandy8512
    edited April 2017
    Options
    Weight Loss Chart by the Week:

Starting Weight on 3/5/17..................224.8.......
    OMAD Starting Weight 4/13/17.........213.8....... -11
    4/21/17..............................................213.4........-0.4
    4/28/17..............................................208.6........-4.4

The first week I could barely eat 1000 calories, some days were only 400-500, now that I am up to 1200, give or take a few over or under, and the weight came off. So pleased with this week's results!

• Brendalea69
    Options
    AWESOME!!! You eat more calories and you lose 4.4 pounds, This is good to know :)
  • wsandy8512
    Options
    @brendagaudette, thank you. I was consistent the whole week with the proper calories, so I'm super stoked. :-)

My Aunt is visiting and I have made her separate meals and together meals with me. Hubby gets home soon, so I think I should be okay with making him meals--he more than happily makes his own and for me, as well--without backsliding to more than my one meal a day. It's hard to want to go back when this way of eating makes me feel so much better.
  • mikseyniha
    mikseyniha Posts: 442 Member
    Options
    Awesome results! Congratulations :smiley:
  • wsandy8512
    Options
    Thank you :-)
  • shans34
    Options
    You're doing fantastic
  • wsandy8512
    Options
    Thank you, Shans :-)

Fantastic meal today... made some boneless skinless chicken breast strips, onions, and tomato, on top of a huge bed of spring mix, drizzled with some of my homemade honey mustard vinaigrette. I enjoyed it with a serving of Jasmine Rice, a whole carrot cutup, half a cucumber cut up, and a big scoop of hummus. Drink was a blueberry, banana, Greek yogurt, and chia seed smoothie.

uk1vc1ru223c.jpg
  • shans34
    Options
    That's a meal I could feast on!
  • wsandy8512
    Options
    It was the perfect feast on this hot and humid day. I can definitely see it being a staple meal. :-)
  • Brendalea69
    Options
    Oh Yum, that would go good with my water :p
  • dajoloehr
    dajoloehr Posts: 447 Member
    Options
    wsandy8512 wrote: »
    Drink was a blueberry, banana, Greek yogurt, and chia seed smoothie.

In a Star Wars cup :)
  • wsandy8512
    Options
    Lol, yeah, sometimes I like to delve into the dark side :-)

***Forgot to put the calories in my most recent food post: 1325
  • wsandy8512
    edited April 2017
    Options
    Decided that I want to work on upping calories a bit more, I'd like to get to 1500/day. I've only just begun my journey here at MFP and started with 1200/day, which is great for aggressive weight loss and I don't feel deprived or like I need more food. However, if I can banish pounds at 1500, even better, because when plateau time comes--and it will, lol--I want to be able to reduce my caloric intake within a healthy range. Unlike any other time I've tried to rid weight, I'm going with "slower is better" motto. It will take me a couple of weeks to up my calories with OMAD, I may need to expand my window, and my mind is prepared to accept smaller movements on the scale. All is good. :-)

It really is important for me to achieve this feat. At a certain point, my body will adjust to the super low intake and think that's all I need, and I'll stall on loss. When the stall happens, caloric deficit is needed and going below 1200 calories a day isn't healthy. I do not want to go from one unhealthy way of eating, overeating, to the other side of the spectrum, under-eating. I want to do this the healthiest way possible.

***When first starting OMAD, I learned and accepted that it's perfectly normal during the adjustment to eat way less than required because your body is getting used to it. Thankfully, it only took a week to adjust and be able to eat more. :-)