Options

Replies

• 1MADGIRL
    1MADGIRL Posts: 838 Member
    Options
    shans34 wrote: »
    Day 7:
    Meal: BBQ hamburgers and fries
    Exercise: I did the c25k this morning and I have a lot of house/yard work to do. I also want to do some yoga today
    Got some shopping and other stuff to do today that's already exhausting me as I think about it.
    Feeling: pretty good albeit tired

WOw great work on the 5k :D
  • amflautist
    amflautist Posts: 941 Member
    Options
    @shans34 Thank you for your daily journal here. I enjoy reading it, learning about you, following your progress.
  • wsandy8512
    wsandy8512 Posts: 1,897 Member
    Options
    shans34 wrote: »

I'm not following a program. I took yoga classes on that past during my time in south east Asia. I simply do the poses as taught there. I have the routine memorized.

That's great! I need a program because I do not know the poses. I'm in the awkward phase. Just doing a beginner one I found on Amazon Prime. :-)

• shans34
    shans34 Posts: 535 Member
    Options
    Day 8:
    Start of my day is good. I enjoyed a long walk. I have tons of yard work to do yet. Buy soil, spread soil, plant seed, water, lay gravel, etc. It will be the majority of today's exercise. All the while I will be doing laundry and chasing my 4 year old. While out shopping this morning, I plan to purchase some kettle bells for core and arm exercises.
    My meal today will be BBQ chicken breast with a Caesar salad and some corn. I want to try eating less carbs. Not low carb, just less.
    Feeling: pretty good! I had a good rest and have a busy day ahead. So all in all, feeling great!
  • 1MADGIRL
    Options
    Ah I love a good long walk!
    I'm having bbq chicken tonight as well haha

What are you going to plant in your yard? :)
  • 1MADGIRL
    Options
    Also, you might find it more worthwhile to get dumbbells so you can increase the weight as you progress... i know the exercises you can do with both differ slightly so you might prefer kettlebells
  • shans34
    Options
    1MADGIRL wrote: »
    Ah I love a good long walk!
    I'm having bbq chicken tonight as well haha

What are you going to plant in your yard? :)

Grass and some potted vegetables. Our backyard is bare in many places
  • 1MADGIRL
    Options
    i would love to have a big yard someday! It doesnt look like its going to happen for me though haha.
    My dad has a big yard and he always has nice fresh veg so I always take some interest when someone says theyr planting something :)
  • amflautist
    amflautist Posts: 941 Member
    Options
    You are rocking it!!
  • shans34
    Options
    Day 8:
    Weigh in day is looming! I'm expecting decent results this week! I have been working hard.
    Exercise: got my run in this morning and I have plans to do yoga and some weight lifting later in. I also have a ton of housework that will keep me busy.
    Meal: I'm going to BBQ some kebobs and have a side salad and some ancient grain tomatoey thingy. I might throw in an apple!
    Feeling: amazing and challenged. Yes I plan to kick a lot of *kitten* this up coming month!
  • jvcinv
    jvcinv Posts: 504 Member
    Options
    You're doing great. I get worn out just reading your daily routines.
    Spreading soil, laying gravel, laundry, housework, yoga, weightlifting, etc. whew!
  • shans34
    Options
    Day 9:
    My day started with fighting kids. Girls specifically. I have 4 kids, starting with. Girl, boy, girl, boy. Ages are 15, 13, 11, 4. So it can get quite chaotic in my house at times.
    Meal: having asparagus sautéed tortilini with basil and tomatoes. Chicken and a garden salad.
    Exercise: I hit over 5k steps before 8am. I hope to hit another 5k before the day is up. I also plan some weights and yoga. I have a lot of housework to do too.
    Feeling: pretty good despite my day staring with caty girls!
    I'm feeling really good. My weigh day is tomorrow, I hope to see some results!
  • wsandy8512
    edited April 2017
    Options
    Your positive energy is above fantastic and contagious!
  • mikseyniha
    mikseyniha Posts: 442 Member
    Options
    Wow you're so active! I feel terrible about not being able to workout. I just feel so lazy. And with my 6 month old baby and 9 hours job, i am hardly left with any energy. I do wish to start some sort of cardio.. May be walking.
  • mikseyniha
    Options
    With so much workout, i am rooting for a significant result for you this time :smiley:
  • shans34
    Options
    Day 9:
    I had my weigh in today. I'm very frustrated. I feel like I try so hard to yield next to no results. I mean for what I do, only 1.2lbs lost? It's just wrong. However, as always, I'm not defeated! Just need to up my game apparently!
    Meal: burgers on the grill, some other eating through the day as today is splurge day.
    Exercise: went for a run this morning and I had a lot of errands to do. That's about all that will get done until Monday.
    Feeling: annoyed, tired and pretty ok. I know what a combination! Fiancé came home early from work which throws off my routine, but I'm glad he is here.

• wsandy8512
    Options
    I think 1.2 pounds is great, though I understand your frustration considering how hard you go at it. Enjoy your day of taking it easy. :-)
  • mikseyniha
    Options
    Don't worry! At least you went down the graph. Its better than any other direction :smiley:
  • Brendalea69
    Brendalea69 Posts: 3,863 Member
    Options
    I know how you feel but sometimes it happens, I've had weeks where I've had little to no losses...Dont give up because it will come off :)
  • dajoloehr
    dajoloehr Posts: 447 Member
    Options
    Down is down :) thats 2% of your already amazing loss don't let it get you down, your doing great!