Shans OMAD journal

Replies

• shans34
    shans34 Posts: 535 Member
    Day 12:
    Hmmm apparently I miss counted my days along the way!
    Anyhow, went for a nice brisk walk this cloudy chilly day. I enjoyed the cooler air, though I love the heat.
    I already blew it this morning by eating something. I was hungry. My fiancé and I are trying to quit smoking! Given this morning, I can see I will have to try extra hard to keep loosing weight until I kick this awful habit.
    We are going out on a date day this evening. It will be the only other thing I will eat.
    Have a good one all!
  • dajoloehr
    dajoloehr Posts: 447 Member
    Good for you, I quit (officially 2 years ago) Ive been gently, and sometimes not so gently lol, getting my husband to quit as well. Its such a good feeling not only health and money wise, but also not being dependent on something :)
  • wsandy8512
    wsandy8512 Posts: 1,897 Member
    Quit once for seven years and restarted, like an idiot, because I gained more weight than ever a few years later. :-/

I want to quit again, I may join you in about three weeks. Best to you, it truly is worth it!
  • wsandy8512
    @dajoloehr, that's awesome!
  • shans34
    wsandy8512 wrote: »
    Quit once for seven years and restarted, like an idiot, because I gained more weight than ever a few years later. :-/

I want to quit again, I may join you in about three weeks. Best to you, it truly is worth it!

I ended up breaking down a buying a pack. Not done trying though, just a set back!
  • Brendalea69
    Brendalea69 Posts: 3,863 Member
    edited April 2017
    I hope and pray that you all will quit smoking, just think of how much longer you will be around to enjoy your grandchildren and even your great grandchildren o:)
  • blambo61
    blambo61 Posts: 4,372 Member
    Don't get discouraged. With only once/week weigh ins you can't really tell if your holding a couple lbs of water or not. Keep it going and you will see the results.
  • shans34
    Day 13:
    Not doing so well on the quitting smoking. Not giving up though. I'm a fighter, it's why I never gave up trying to lose weight. I never don't achieve something I put my mind too. So I will quit smoking, just need time.
    Meal today: chicken drumsticks, tortellini basil and asparagus stir fry, large garden salad.
    Exercise: rest day so my exercise is just day to day activity.
    Feeling: determined! I have major goals and I damn well will achieve them!
  • Brendalea69
    You have a great attitude and you can do it :)
  • 1MADGIRL
    1MADGIRL Posts: 838 Member
    shans34 wrote: »
    Day 9:
    I had my weigh in today. I'm very frustrated. I feel like I try so hard to yield next to no results. I mean for what I do, only 1.2lbs lost? It's just wrong. However, as always, I'm not defeated! Just need to up my game apparently!
    Meal: burgers on the grill, some other eating through the day as today is splurge day.
    Exercise: went for a run this morning and I had a lot of errands to do. That's about all that will get done until Monday.
    Feeling: annoyed, tired and pretty ok. I know what a combination! Fiancé came home early from work which throws off my routine, but I'm glad he is here.

I don't know if this will help but I would suggest focusing on your macros.
    I'll try for a longer period of time and report back to you to see if it truly is the best plan but I try to get at least 1g of protein for every pound you weigh if you are also exercising. Protein fills you up and is really good for your muscles and should help you lose weight.

• blambo61
    I think you mean gram of protein for every kilo of weight. I've seen lots of variations in recommendations but I think 1g per lb body weight is very high.
  • 1MADGIRL
    blambo61 wrote: »
    I think you mean gram of protein for every kilo of weight. I've seen lots of variations in recommendations but I think 1g per lb body weight is very high.

Thank you! yes, I meant for every kilo.

I eat 1g for every pound though I wouldn't recommend until trying out 1g for every kilo first. See how body reacts to it plus it can be difficult adjusting to new diet plans.
  • blambo61
    Excess protein is turned into carbs. Can be hard on kidneys too i think so be careful.
  • 1MADGIRL
    blambo61 wrote: »
    Excess protein is turned into carbs. Can be hard on kidneys too i think so be careful.

wow didn't know about the kidney thing. good to know. Might be worth taking regular tests to make sure I'm not going overboard.
  • shans34
    Day 14:
    Well I broke down and bought a food scale! I'm happy, then I can be much more accurate in my eating. I'm trying to stay strong with quitting smoking but it's hard! So hard! Waaaaaaaaa
    Anyways...
    Meal: Shepards pie and some fruit
    Exercise: got my run in this morning, going to do 30mins of resistance training using tension bands, also plan on yoga. All that coupled with tons of housework!
    Feeling: agitated, happy, hopeful, determined....all in the last 5 mins. Hey I'm trying to quit smoking here!
  • wsandy8512
    edited May 2017
    Getting a food scale was probably the best thing you could do for yourself aside from trying to quit smoking. You've got this! :-)
  • dajoloehr
    dajoloehr Posts: 447 Member
    I love my food scale, i had bought it for other purposes awhile ago, but I'm thankful I had it :)
  • Brendalea69
    shans34 wrote: »
    Day 14:
    Well I broke down and bought a food scale! I'm happy, then I can be much more accurate in my eating. I'm trying to stay strong with quitting smoking but it's hard! So hard! Waaaaaaaaa
    Anyways...
    Meal: Shepards pie and some fruit
    Exercise: got my run in this morning, going to do 30mins of resistance training using tension bands, also plan on yoga. All that coupled with tons of housework!
    Feeling: agitated, happy, hopeful, determined....all in the last 5 mins. Hey I'm trying to quit smoking here!

You can do it!!! o:)
  • shans34
    Day 15:
    It's my sons bday, his 13th, so I'm making today a splurge day! Gotta celebrate!
    Exercise: housework and brisk walk.
    Feeling: good and stressed. Got a bunch of other *kitten* going on with having to adjust to the fact I now have 2 teenagers! Aaaagggghhhhhh
    Have a good one all
  • Brendalea69
    I don't miss those teenage days, I had 3 at one time :o Have a great splurge day and have a piece of Birthday cake for me :p