Shans OMAD journal

Replies

• dajoloehr
    dajoloehr Posts: 447 Member
    Where are you from? We have a long weekend as well.
  • shans34
    shans34 Posts: 535 Member
    dajoloehr wrote: »
    Where are you from? We have a long weekend as well.

Canada. Windsor, Ontario to be specific
  • Brendalea69
    Brendalea69 Posts: 3,863 Member
    shans34 wrote: »
    Day 34:
    Going out on date day tonight. Going to be mindful of what I order!
    Meal: chicken breast and salad
    Exercise: minimal walking and 20mins of yoga
    Feeling: much better then yesterday!

I had my date night yesterday, Have fun and glad you're feeling better :)
  • dajoloehr
    dajoloehr Posts: 447 Member
    Another Canadian :smile: I'm from the other side, BC.
  • Brendalea69
    edited May 2017
    I'm on the other side of the border in Northern NH :)
  • wsandy8512
    wsandy8512 Posts: 1,897 Member
    Shans, -2 is excellent for loss! I think you are being too hard on yourself. Life is not a race, the weight didn't come on quick and we cannot reasonably expect it to come off quick, KWIM? Enjoy your life, be kind to yourself, and don't allow small setbacks or results you wish to have, but don't, discourage you. Okay?
  • shans34
    Day 35:
    So guess what? Canada has started selling Big Mac sauce in bulk! I bought 6 containers yesterday! Today is a holiday in Canada, so we are going to BBQ today.
    Meal: BBQ burgers
    Exercise: walking, weights and yoga among some Kinect games and general housework.
    Feeling: determined to make this my best week in a while!
    Go get em guys! Never look back, only forward.
  • 1MADGIRL
    1MADGIRL Posts: 838 Member
    I LOVE KINECT GAMES!
    I no longer have a TV though :(
  • shans34
    Day 36:
    Didn't sleep well last night, but have a lot to do today, so not sure a nap is in the cards.
    Meal: depends on weather. Either BBQ steak or bacon wrapped chicken breast. Sided with mushroom rice and broccoli.
    Exercise: laying stone today. I got more gravel for my backyard, so that. Just dance, yoga, weights and much walking.
    Feeling: good. I hope today will be a great day.
  • Brendalea69
    I hope today is great for you too o:)
  • shans34
    Day 37:
    Going to be raining all day today. Time to get some serious housework done!
    Meal: bacon wrapped chicken breast, mushroom rice and some broccoli.
    Exercise: weights, yoga, much walking and tons of housework!
    Feeling: kinda blah today. No real spectacular feeling.
  • wsandy8512
    Your meal plan for today sounds so good! Looks to be rainy in many parts of the US today, we shall make the best of those gray day. :)
  • 1MADGIRL
    1MADGIRL Posts: 838 Member
    Thank how great you're going to feel when you reach your goals and get rid of your blah feelings :)
  • shans34
    Day 38:
    Doing good today! It's raining so I'm primarily in the house today. That's ok, I'll keep busy.
    Meal: shepherds pie.
    Exercise: yoga, weights, just dance, lots of walking and a copious amount of housework! My kids seem to think just doing enough to get by is satisfactory. It's not. So since my 3 eldest kids are 15, 13, and 11, there really is no excuse other then they are lazy. So I'm going to clean the house too to bottom and then take pictures of each room. I will then print those pictures and hang then in each room showing the kids what my expectations are and what the consequences will be if they don't meet them. I'm going to be looking for work in September when my 4 year old goes to school and I graduate university. So I need them to step up. I have until then to whip those kids into shape!
    Feeling: driven!
    Have a good one all.
  • Brendalea69
    That's a good idea about taking a picture of a clean room, I hope it works o:)
  • wsandy8512
    Shans, as a mom of two grown children, I find myself both sympathizing and laughing. Oh, the days of trying various ways to get full compliance! Sounds like you're doing well there, Momma!

Hope you have another great day today! :)
  • shans34
    edited May 2017
    Day 39: weigh in today yielded only a 1 lb loss! So 284lbs!
    Meal: splurge day
    Exercise: walking, maybe yoga, housework
    Feeling: well....I was 283 earlier this week. Somehow I gained weight in a couple of days. Figures. I'm really frustrated! I don't have a choice here! I have to lose weight or risk loosing everything I value. I'm frustrated, discouraged, angry and every other emotion I can muster at this point! I work my *kitten* off! Literately! Every damn day!!! I walk more then 10k steps, I cook and clean for my family. I chase a 4 year old. I do just dance every day. I do 150 stomach crunches, 50 squats among 20mins of yoga. I eat one meal and am under my calorie goal every time. I measure and weigh my food! I do every friggin thing a person should do and this is the result!!!! God damnit!!!!!
    So yeah...
  • Brendalea69
    Joe says we aren't supposed to do anything but walking until we get closer to our goal weight...Maybe try just doing that for a while and see if it makes a difference...I hate to see you getting frustrated, you've come so far already and I hope you don't give up now (Hugs) o:)
  • mikseyniha
    mikseyniha Posts: 442 Member
    I agree with Brenda. May be your body is stressed with so much workout. Give it some rest. Stress cn really mess up your weight loss phenomenon.
  • arguablysamson
    arguablysamson Posts: 1,706 Member
    Put your body in a relaxed state and you will see better losses.