Weekly Winning Teams and MVPs Trophy Case

Options

Replies

• Bmercy21
    Bmercy21 Posts: 88 Member
    Options
    Good thing I don't know anyone named Sally! I had 8lb weights in each hand and when I was done my legs were shaking! Someone almost had to bring me up!
  • LouLouBeans
    Options
    Holy cow, I just did the punishment with by bf's 44lb olympic bar. My legs are jello. Lots of loud grunting happened. It was awesome.
  • julebg79
    julebg79 Posts: 377 Member
    Options
    Tackled this tonight (no extra weights--beginner!), and it was NO JOKE. My legs just gave out at the end (but I did finish the whole song!), and I had to lay on the couch. My ears literally rang, but I also felt an adrenaline pumped euphoria. Very confusing aftermath, reminds me of something else, but we won't go there! >:) My Maybe it was the cute German...

On a much less naughty note, my 4 year old and husband did this with me. My daughter laughed hysterically every time the guy grunted and kept saying "he wants this to stop!" It was hilarious. She did her squats with a can of black beans, and did a fantastic job. My hubby had to "cheat a little" to get through (so says he, he was behind me, so I couldn't see him).

Great challenge. But oh man, is this gonna put a hurtin' on my scheduled jog tomorrow!
  • Jitteryspork
    Jitteryspork Posts: 550 Member
    Options
    I have done it twice so far.. and this morning I am having a hard time sitting. I love it! I think I will do it again on Friday! :)
  • knitapeace
    knitapeace Posts: 1,013 Member
    Options
    I had my date with Sally last night, bodyweight only, and I was jellylegs after! Today I feel it in my right hip but that hip always bothers me anyway so it's nothing new. :) I'm hoping all this extra exercise I'm getting with the challenge will help strengthen it so it won't ache as much.
  • KristyMayhem331
    KristyMayhem331 Posts: 189 Member
    Options
    I am not sure I will be able to do the punishment challenge. I am not cleared for full squats and am on a lot of knee restrictions. Any suggestions on what to do to modify it or something else as a punishment?
  • tj1376
    tj1376 Posts: 1,402 Member
    Options
    I am not sure I will be able to do the punishment challenge. I am not cleared for full squats and am on a lot of knee restrictions. Any suggestions on what to do to modify it or something else as a punishment?
    Find an exercise you can do and do it for the same amount of time as the punishment challenge video. If you cant do squats, what about scissor kicks or frog kicks? Both work the legs but you do them sitting down.

• LisasRoadtolosing100lbs
    Options
    Holy hell... that hurt but I very much enjoyed it!!!!!... still need 25 minutes of strength today.. vertigo blows
  • Cindyinpg
    Cindyinpg Posts: 3,902 Member
    edited October 2014
    Options
    Week Two

Results are in.

Winning team is Beginners with 29 members posting out of 30 for an average of 280 points each!

Beginner MVPs are KristyMayhem331 and Brightsideofpink

2nd Place goes to the Advanced Team.15 out of 17 checked in for a total score of 272 for each member

Advanced MVPs are jennbeaudry and tinkermommc. You are both immune from the punishment exercise.

3rd Place is the Intermediate Team. They only had 34 check ins out of 46. So their average was the lowest at 205, a big improvement from last week.

Intermediate Team MVPs are redwoodkestrel and Strive4more11. You are both immune from the punishment exercise.

The punishment exercise is:
    05cc5jkuiinb.jpg
  • tinkermommc
    tinkermommc Posts: 562 Member
    Options
    Lmao! When we found this workout I told my husband(a beginner not in our challenge though) that I would help him through the whole page because he asked me about core workout last week. So I guess I'll be doing it anyway! I'm excited about MVP though! I've never been before!
  • KatyAverill
    KatyAverill Posts: 166 Member
    Options
    Done. Ouch-my arms!
  • SaraAlexandre
    SaraAlexandre Posts: 1,313 Member
    Options
    sounds fun! Very creative!
  • Cindyinpg
    edited November 2014
    Options
    Results are in.

Winning team is Advanced with 13 members posting out of 15 for an average of 240 points each!

Advanced MVPs are: Ceratopsy and Aprilyankee

2nd Place: Beginners had 3 late check ins t and 4 no shows. Total Group score was 227.56.

Beginner MVP's are MsTiffamee and KristyMayhem. You are immune from the punishment exercise.

3rd Place: Intermediates had 29 members this week that counted for a total of 206.9 Intermediate MVPs: Cyclejenn! 574 in cardio and 120 strength, Strive4more11 second with 420 cardio and 125 strength. Honorable mention to strangewebby with 437 cardio and 60 strength.

How to Run From a Zombie Workout | POPSUGAR Train…: http://youtu.be/p3O8KbmTMeE
    Options
    Cindyinpg wrote: »
    Results are in.

Winning team is Advanced with 13 members posting out of 15 for an average of 240 points each!

Advanced MVPs are: Ceratopsy and Aprilyankee

2nd Place: Beginners had 3 late check ins t and 4 no shows. Total Group score was 227.56.

Beginner MVP's are MsTiffamee and KristyMayhem. You are immune from the punishment exercise.

3rd Place: Intermediates had 29 members this week that counted for a total of 206.9 Intermediate MVPs: Cyclejenn! 574 in cardio and 120 strength, Strive4more11 second with 420 cardio and 125 strength. Honorable mention to strangewebby with 437 cardio and 60 strength.

How to Run From a Zombie Workout | POPSUGAR Train…:

• Cindyinpg
    edited November 2014
    Options
    Results are in:

This week's winning team is Team Advanced: with all members reporting for a score of 280.

Advanced MVPs are MisterDazzler and Jennbeaudry.
    Special mention for tinkermommc for completing everything, even when sick.

Beginners are second with an overall score of

Beginner MVP's are Maphammonds with 379 cardio and 125 strength, and MsTiffamee with 351 cardio and 57 strength.

Intermediates had several no shows with only 21 reporting out of 29 for a score of 214.

Intermediate MVPs are Strive4more11 and redwoodkestrel

Props to ToughHippieChick for still plugging away even on her honeymoon and Hawkeye_74 for plugging away with an injury.

Here is the punishment. Do the circuit five times, as it suggests, either all together or split up over a few days.

gfksy6xpvfe6.jpg
    Options
    That was way harder then I thought it would be.... awesome job advanced team!
  • tracymayo1
    tracymayo1 Posts: 445 Member
    Options
    What can I switch the burpees for? we don't get along. I pulled my diaphragm last time I did them and was in pain for 6 months....
  • maphammonds
    maphammonds Posts: 362 Member
    edited November 2014
    Options
    @tracymayo1 - how 'bout mountain climbers in plank position?
  • tracymayo1
    tracymayo1 Posts: 445 Member
    edited November 2014
    Options
    @tracymayo1 - how 'bout mountain climbers in plank position?

Seems those are the same as the vertical mountain climbers... maybe I can just do 2 series of those apart....

• knitapeace
    knitapeace Posts: 1,013 Member
    edited November 2014
    Options
    I end up with a serious backache after doing burpees for real. As an alternative I just step out and back one foot at a time then jump up. I try to go as fast as I can though.