Senior Golden Sneakers

Options

Replies

• Sandydur
    Sandydur Posts: 9,046 Member
    Options
    Happy Thursday. Won my money back and had a great birthday dinner. Leaving this afternoon and will have an early dinner with my friends before heading home. Life is good.
    Sandy
    One Day at a Time
  • jacAth3
    jacAth3 Posts: 1,696 Member
    Options
    Oops, midnight again! Our awful weather continues but today I found myself trapped in my home by builders and scaffolders working on the property closest to my garage and the communal parking area so couldn’t go far anyway. No warning of their arrival but luckily I drove to the supermarket early to stock up on fresh produce but hadn’t been home five minutes before a loud knock on my door heralded a cheerful young man who asked if I could move my car that had been left out while I unloaded. Their trucks had already arrived and blocked entrance to my garage so only choice was to squeeze behind another neighbour’s car so no one could leave! I managed to walk George and Betty but just a short one because Betty has had an awful upset tummy since Tuesday evening that even fasting isn’t stopping at the moment. I wonder if she picked up a virus when we visited the vet because nothing in her diet had changed.
    Yes Lin, my car passed its test for another year thank goodness and Sheila and I wandered slowly round St Cleer with George and Betty for an hour, occasionally pausing on public benches. It was also a lovely opportunity to stroll through the church cemetery where a carpet of crocuses in bloom cheered us on our way! Sorry you have to wait for a plumber to fix your toilet. I know what that’s like!

Congratulations Sandy on winning back your money. A lovely trip by the sounds of it. Have a safe journey home.

Hello Anne if you are popping in. Your cc email to Lin did arrive thanks. Nice of the home to offer another apartment but I’ve a feeling you and Jilly will have more fun when you move in with Mike!

I had better get myself to bed. Nothing much planned for tomorrow except a long complaining email to the Council who lied to me when I questioned the procedures they were supposed to follow in dealing with Rachael’s attack. I’m not sure if it was intentional or they just don’t know what they’re doing!

Take care everyone.
    Jackie 🥰
  • linder4866
    linder4866 Posts: 11,095 Member
    Options
    Hello…..another busy day. Quite a number of short Zoom classes. I worked on finishing some birthday cards and then started a new project…..and I have another one stacked up after that. We had gentle rain on and off all day, it was lovely. No storms, strong winds, or other bad stuff. I didn’t go out to get my mail. I will do that tomorrow.

It was lovely to receive an email response from Anne. It made me smile.

Jackie, it seems there are lots of folks with projects underway. People spend a lot of money on upkeep and improvement of their property. Oh, and glad your car passed its exam. Poor little Betty, I hope she hasn’t contracted anything serious. I read an article today that said we, in this state, should be wearing masks due to a marked increase in influenza rates. And I actually received an email from my pharmacy this afternoon saying I should make an appointment for another Covid booster. Yipes!

Sandy, welcome home! Lots of fun was had by all right?

Be safe everyone.

Lin 🙋🏼‍♀️
    ❤️❤️

k7x1ks653l4b.jpeg

• Sandydur
    Options
    Happy Friday! :) Home all rested and ready to go. Laundry is started, Walmart order placed and having game night tonight. It turned cold again so our warm days are gone. Busy week next week with back injection on Monday, Tuesday the trial with some tests and back on Friday for the injection. I am sure I will be sitting one day as well besides my meeting on Thursday. Busy life, happy life.

Lin, indeed a fun time was had by all, especially because we all came home with our money. lol Dinners were excellent as well and just fun times together. I do hope your plumber comes soon to fix your problem. Also glad you are back with MFP, it was very iffy for a few days with their site.

Jackie, I do wish your weather would break but it seems everyone is having the weirdest weather ever and some people still do not believe in global warming. I hope poor Betty is feeling better today.

Anne, glad you checked in and how are your feelings about moving in in Michael? I think it will be wonderful and safer as you won't be exposed to some many germs.

Playing catch up on my computer but at least my house is clean for game night as my cleaning lady came while I was gone. Sweet.

Have a good day all.
    Sandy
    One Day at a Time
  • jacAth3
    Options
    It’s still raining! We’ve been told it might be caused by El Niño that I think occurred in the Pacific end of last year but whatever is going on, the oceans are definitely warming which means more moisture in the air over our little islands. Betty is still not well but believe me, you will not want the details! I didn’t feed her for 24 hours but I can tell after a small handful of kibble this evening she is still very gassy! 🥴

We walked round the block this morning and on the way out I saw my car is now blocked inside my garage by the neighbour’s copper pipes and large rolls of insulation. Last night, once the scaffold truck had left, I managed a 6 point turn to drive my car in because the insurance policy states it is locked up securely overnight. We currently have a government scheme that offers a grant to pay for the installation of a warm air heating system that is supposed to be greener energy. It requires blocking chimneys so no use to me because I love my wood burner and multi fuel stove but that neighbour is a single mother who doesn’t appear to work so cheaper energy should help her financially.
    I typed and sent my email complaining to the council about their misleading comments (lies!) regarding Rachael’s incident and also chatted to Sheila on the phone. She finally has an appointment next Wednesday to receive an injection in her back. Similar to yours I think Sandy. She has had to wait nearly a year so is delighted.
    No one mentions Covid here in England anymore Lin. Lots of nasty viruses going around but not that one! That’s another pretty teapot.
    Still busy Sandy and I do hope the tests go well on Tuesday so you can participate in the trial.

Time for my bed and for once it’s not yet midnight!
    Jackie 🥱😴
  • linder4866
    edited March 15
    Options
    Good evening. A cooler day but with sunshine, it was just fine. I made several things in my InstaPot including a batch of quinoa and a small batch of oatmeal from raw oats. I had never done that before. I had a long phone call with a friend. She has complained about not being able to hear me on my mobile phone. Today I struggled a bit and removed my phone from the protective case I recently purchased. She had to leave our call to take another one so it gave me an opportunity to try it without the case. Anyway, it worked fine when she called back and when she was finally hanging up she said she would talk to me another day if I would continue to have my phone without its case. I told her if we could arrange it in advance, I would try but I am not willing to go without the case, for certain I will drop it and break the darn thing.

Worked on inking the second layer of stencils in my most recent project. And then I cleaned up but I had turned my fingers and fingernails blue. I will have to clip my nails to rid myself of the blue. 😄

Also attended a number of Zoom classes today and have scheduled more for tomorrow. One of the longer classes I was interested in conflicted with another class I try to take every time I see it. So not as much cardio today.

Sandy, all set for the upcoming week. Enjoy game night. And I am not pressing to get the plumber out. Everything is at least functional and I am afraid the repair may be costly and messy. One of these days I will see what can be done.

Jackie, argh, you are drowning in water while we were lucky to get some rain. I don’t think it was even an inch. How inconvenient to have your car blocked in. What are you to do when you need/want to go somewhere? I am afraid I would be quite unhappy with the situation. How can they finish their work with all of the rain? My best wishes to Betty. Poor sweetie, those are some bad tummy issues.

Hello to Anne, Barbie, Diane, Jeri, Joy and the rest of our Sneakers.

Lin 🙋🏼‍♀️
    ❤️❤️

1lp6ukmdrsos.jpeg

• Sandydur
    edited March 16
    Options
    Happy Saturday! :) Last warmer day before we get hit with cold weather again. Game night was fun, pizza was good (but too many calories) and company was great. Today a family zoom call and then church later. Nothing too exciting.

Lin, you amaze me with your phone calls, talking on the phone is one of my least favorite things to do.
    One of my friends can never find her phone or doesn't hear it so I am thinking of getting her a case that goes around your neck but if it is in a plastic case she probably wouldn't be able to use it. She is not very techy. lol

Jackie, all that rain would depress me but you seem to adjust to it. I do hope Betty starts feeling better soon, there are some strange dog virus's going around. I agree with Lin about your car, what if you had an emergency?

Was hoping Anne would pop in again soon, I so miss her as I am sure we all do.

Have a great day everyone.
    Sandy
    One Day at a Time
  • jacAth3
    edited March 16
    Options
    I pulled back my bedroom curtains to a view of low cloud, thick mist and yes, rain! Once again there was no point rushing to go out with George and Betty so I enjoyed a leisurely breakfast of porridge oats and fruit. We did go around 10am but when we reached the road a car pulled up and it was Janet that I’ve walked with a couple of times. She talks non stop and perhaps because she was in her car and dry, she didn’t seem to realise that the rain became heavier so we were getting soaked. I did say I needed to move on because Betty wasn’t well and I didn’t want her to catch a chill but she kept talking so I had to be rude and insist we go. I took a circular route but on the way home the rain became torrential and we got soaked so it was fluffy towels for the dogs and stripping off soaked coat, jeans and socks for me because rain had dripped into my wellies! I try not to get depressed by it but do mutter and grumble to myself as we battle the elements. Everyone I talk to is fed up but nothing we can do about it. Farmers are struggling so I fear there will be shortages of fresh vegetables in a couple of months.
    Betty is beginning to improve slowly so I have fed her a couple of small meals and she is keeping them down.

This afternoon and evening has been the last day of our rugby tournament and at halftime France are ahead of England! 🥺

I’m always dropping my phone Lin so without its case it wouldn’t last long.

Yes Sandy, we all miss Anne but I expect she has a lot going on what with her new abode being prepared and hopefully finding out what is affecting her health.

I am cross that my garage door is blocked but the owners of that property have always been inconsiderate so I won’t hesitate to move it all into their parking area if I need to! No point asking them to move it because I will only get screamed at. The woman is the owner of the dog that bit me a couple of years ago and has mental health issues. I’ll see what happens tomorrow as it might be dry in the morning so I will want to drive to the moors.
    Exciting rugby game but England lost with just a minute to go

Typing jumping about so I will post before it disappears! Probably a few errors but I can’t check.
    Jackie 🥰
  • linder4866
    Options
    Good evening. Sunny but chilly and windy. Sunshine always brings a smile though. I spent my day in my usual way. A number of Zoom classes. Today I tried to group them more to try to work on stamina. I have a long way to go, if indeed I can improve. The rest of the day I worked on putting together a few backgrounds for cards from my recent stamping and stenciling fest. 😁 I am running out of card bases so on to my next chore, scoring and folding card bases.

Sandy, ha, I had to laugh because I ended up on the phone again last evening when a lady I send cards to called me for the first time ever. She had sent me a card asking for my phone number. A lady at church said she wouldn’t be calling me, she just liked to text little daily encouragements. So the day she received my phone number on a St. Patrick’s Day card, she called! 🤦🏼‍♀️

Jackie, eeeeck, I would be positively grumpy at this point. I hope if you have to move all that stuff that you don’t hurt yourself. Oh gosh, the crazy neighbor is involved. Positively nasty situation.

Enjoy the rest of the weekend.

Lin 🙋🏼‍♀️
    ❤️❤️

twy11gunq757.jpeg

• Sandydur
    edited March 17
    Options
    x9m1cw4n3596.gif

Happy Sunday! :) Winter has returned. Nice and sunny but cold and possible flurries. Not doing anything today as I have a busy week. I will catch up on all my recorded shows and just chill.

Lin, those zoom exercise classes you do are they free or do you have to pay to join them? My SIL likes to talk on the phone and I of course have to have patience because sometimes it seems like forever to me. I am a talker so it doesn't make much sense why I don't like to talk on the phone.

Jackie, I can just visualize you standing with rain pouring on your head while your friend is nice and dry in her car wondering why you are in such a hurry to get out of the rain. lol Please tell us Betty is better and getting back to her old self.

I hope the rest of our sneakers are doing well and staying healthy and fit. Me, not so much still having a problem getting rid of 5 pounds. Might have to go back to a low carb diet but love my carbs. Ugh.

Have a good day,
    Sandy
    One Day at a Time
  • linder4866
    edited March 17
    Options
    Hello, sunny St.Patrick’s Day. Best wishes to everyone ☘️☘️☘️ Colder here once again. Tomorrow morning the temperature may be back in the teens. Hard freeze in the forecast.

I have been trying to get in some Zoom classes again today without missing church online. Did my best. This afternoon I am scoring and folding card bases again. Got a small start the other day. Oh, and while that lady isn’t calling everyday, she is sending multiple text messages. I respond to one but not all of them.

I have lots of things to get to tomorrow. Laundry, cooking, cleaning veggies among others. I might put in a Walmart order. When I thought of it the other day the pickup spots were filled until late afternoon. I need things like softener salt, not a critical need. It can wait a few days.

Sandy. glad you have a day to yourself. Oh, and the Zoom classes came with my new medical insurance and are free. Just one of the wellness benefits.

Jackie, I hope today was a good day. I read a bit of an article saying there is a shortage of vets (as with many other medical personnel) in England. You still have access to the vet you’ve been using right? Changing is difficult. Just thinking of Betty again 🤞🏻 that she is improving.

Off to find something to watch while working on the card bases. I watched almost all of the first Season (which is free) of Inspector Rex on Amazon Prime video. Audio is German and I think it takes place in Vienna but it seems to be the same basic story line as the Canadian show Hudson & Rex. Very talented K9 German Shepherds in both shows. Same underlying premise, the dog loses their officer who is killed in pursuit of a criminal. A recently divorced officer (male of course) ends up taking the dog and they develop a great relationship. The dog in each show is utterly fantastic.

See you later.

Lin 🙋🏼‍♀️
    ❤️❤️

wsd8kgu947qu.jpeg

• jacAth3
    Options
    Hello and happy Sunday. The sun was shining when I got up this morning but I then saw thick low cloud to the west heading in my direction so found a dry coat as yesterday’s was still wet, and decided to head for the moors with fingers crossed. The rubbish in front of my garage doors had been moved slightly but still posed a problem so after I managed to manoeuvre my car round most of it, I pushed and kicked a pile of old wall radiators towards the neighbour’s property. She didn’t appear outside to shout, which was probably just as well because I was ready to confront her! Our walk was difficult because the ground is saturated so the cattle and horses have churned up mud everywhere which made me think it a good idea to climb higher on to the moor where rain water has run off and left it slightly dryer. It began to rain while we were walking across the open area so yet again we got soaked! The good news is that an hour after we got home the sun appeared so I ended up enjoying a pleasant day outside. The hens finally have a clean, dry house and tomato seeds that were shooting up in trays have been potted on individually. At some point I also prepared a Moroccan lamb stew for my evening meal in the slow cooker that turned out to be delicious.

Betty is a lot better so she is back to regular meals although this evening she also snuck into the kitchen to steal some of George’s kibble so is a bit gassy again! I’m hoping it doesn’t have an adverse effect.

Fancy teapots Lin, especially the Union Jack and tonight’s is a delightful, clever design. We do seem to be losing our friendly, family business, vet practices as in All Creatures Great and Small, because they are being taken over by large corporations. Someone told me recently there are now only six businesses running all our British vet practices and money to them is more important than animal welfare. The vet I was with since I moved to this area over 30 years ago, developed dementia about 5 years ago which was tragic to see because he seemed to deteriorate so quickly. His friendly staff were wonderful and their support helped him keep practicing longer than he might have, then he sold out to a big partnership and since then prices have rocketed and those staff left. I’m still waiting to hear back about an appointment to remove some of Betty’s teeth so efficiency isn’t what it was either!

Important appointments this week Sandy aren’t they. I’m sure you will be fine but know how unsettling these procedures can be. Yes, looking back, it was amusing that Janet sat in the dry oblivious to the raindrops dripping off my nose! My brother John who died last year, was convinced he had his own rain cloud that followed him everywhere and I’m beginning to think he passed it on to me. I even tell him off sometimes when I’m caught in yet another downpour!

Bedtime! Nothing much planned tomorrow so hopefully I’ll continue work outside.
    Jackie 🥰
  • Sandydur
    edited March 18
    Options
    Happy Monday! :) Very chilly today but going for an injection in my back later this morning. Missing two packages that are supposed to be being held at Post Office but when I went there Saturday they said the carrier must have them. When the carrier came I asked and he said he didn't have them. I am going back to post office today to find out where my packages might be. I had my mail held while gone so they still should be in the post office. I just hope they aren't lost somewhere. Will let you know.

Jackie, glad you got a break in the rain and could enjoy sometime outdoors. Also happy to hear Betty is better but little stinker better stop stealing food. I will be glad when all injections are done, i have no problem with the back but still not sure how about the eye.

Lin, nice that you get the classes with your insurance, great benefit. I try to get on Walmart first thing in morning for same day delivery or the night before. I really do love that service as it is too hard to carry groceries up my 14 stairs.

Have a good day everyone.
    Sandy
    One Day at a Time
  • linder4866
    Options
    Hello! Got some veggies cleaned, quinoa cooked, washed and dried a couple loads of laundry. I am now doing some paperwork, always a treat. I am locked out of one of my accounts, ugh, reset needed. I did a couple of Zoom classes earlier and have several left later this afternoon. Also need to look over my notes for my tax appointment which is tomorrow morning.

Sandy, I hope the injection was not painful and that it will help your back. ❤️ I also hope your packages are found and that you have them now. Walmart seems to fill up quickly for drive up deliveries. I might just go and pick up the things I need when I get a chance. Never know if they will be out of stock though. It is great that you have delivery to your apartment. You have lots of stairs.

Jackie, I hope the weather has been sunny today and that you got more time outdoors. Hey Betty, please just eat what should. I know it’s difficult when you want something more attractive. I have the same problem. Gosh, are there any service providers of any type that are good at their job, available without a long wait and reasonably priced? Maybe not!

Be happy my friends.

Lin 🙋🏼‍♀️
    ❤️❤️

hhp8734hohja.jpeg

• barbiecat
    barbiecat Posts: 16,932 Member
    Options
    :) We get our groceries from QFC not from Wal Mart so the comparison may not apply, but we fill our online cart throughout the week as we think of things, then sit down together on Friday evening to go over the cart and reserve a pickup time on Sunday morning. It gives us a day between scheduling and pickup in case we think of anything else to add. We've only once tried to get a same day pickup and it worked ok but planning ahead has worked for us.

:) We have an appointment this morning with a new attorney to update our wills. We can't go into the office together because Annie, the puppy, still can't be left alone either at home or in the car. We'll both go with Annie in the car, but go into the office one at a time. We've updated our wills several times since we've been married and always with a new attorney. There aren't many changes but it's still an anxiety creating experience.

:) We've had a few warmish days and have begun a bit of work in the yard. Our yard is simple but needs weed pulling and clean up. We can't both be outside at the same time unless one of us is in the fenced yard with the dogs.

:)Sandy, my Sunday morning walking friend has been going for macular degeneration injections for about two years. She was offered the opportunity to be part of a clinical trial and was excited at the idea of being able to do something useful to others, but she didn't qualify. Best wishes to you. You are doing a good thing.

<3 Barbie
  • Sandydur
    Options
    Happy Tuesday! :) Waiting for them to let me know what time my ride will be here to take me to trial.
    I going to presume 11 for my 12 appointment but need verification.

Barbie, thank you for you best wishes, when I was hesitant about the trial my daughter reminded me I could help someone else so that assured me I was doing the right thing. Good luck with the wills, mine has a lot of corrections in my own handwriting so I hope my kids honor it all which I am sure they will.
    I might have the attorney go over it again but Babe and I had our own wills after we separated. I hope Annie gets over her anxiety about being alone but has good parents taking care of her.

Lin, the injections went well I only said ouch once. lol I went to the post office and they still can't find my two packages. I see on informed delivery a third package I ordered is being delivered today so I am hoping the other two will be with it, otherwise I am filing a claim against the post office. It's not much money but it's the principal.

I better eat some breakfast and get ready in case he comes early. Have a good day.

Sandy
    One Day at a Time

• linder4866
    edited March 19
    Options
    Hello, my tax appointment is over. Time to start reeling in some available money because the government wants a lot more than I already paid in. Sad face. 😕 I have some time as I will make out checks and send them to my tax attorney when she sends me a copy of my returns and the file permission form.

Sandy, glad the shot process went well. Heard from the lady who was getting her shots yesterday (also in her back) and she said she was tired and needs to rest up for a day or two. You have so much more go power! Also hope your appointment today went well and that your packages emerged safely at your home.

Barbie, good process to get your groceries and also to get your will updated. That is something I have been thinking about but haven’t made any decisions. Was thinking of moving from stated amounts for various charities to a % approach, especially since I am spending my saving. I will just think some more.

Jackie, hope you are well and Betty too. I see there is a big uproar over a video someone made of Kate out with Will over the weekend. Will the craziness ever subside? People are so peculiar!

Well, back to answering emails and texts. And more Zoom classes on the way as well as the usual Tuesday evening YouTube Live.

Happy wishes to everyone on this first day of Spring.

Lin 🙋🏼‍♀️
    ❤️❤️

Did I post this teapot before? If so, sorry.

i4fc33lvtir3.jpeg

• barbiecat
    barbiecat Posts: 16,932 Member
    Options
    :) My day had some highlights. The visit to the attorney to update our wills took hardly any time at all because he invited us to bring Annie into the office while we talked so we didn't have to take turns talking to him and sitting in the car with the dog. Annie was very well behaved. The new wills and accompanying powers of attorney, etc. will be ready in a few days for a prince that we consider reasonable. Later in the day I made chicken soup and now have soup to freeze for four meals. Jake did some impressive work in the yard and I went on several longer than usual walks with the dogs.

<3 Barbie
  • jacAth3
    Options
    Yesterday was a busy one. Foggy and damp so I took George and Betty to local fields that have an area of paths to walk round without getting too mucky. It was a gentle stroll that both dogs enjoyed. The rubbish is still piled up in the communal parking area but I’m managing to squeeze my car round, although did dent a plastic bucket that had been left in my way. Oops!
    It is our Spring Equinox so I’m hoping for big changes in our weather but the only forecast I’ve heard today promises cold and snow flurries by the end of the week!
    I’ve received a text from the NHS department running the lung monitoring I’m receiving and have an appointment for a CT scan this coming Friday. After my last visit I was informed I would be called back in a year so was surprised because it’s 8 months but that might be down to availability of the mobile unit that will be set up in a local car park.
    Not much to do today other than walk and also buy a couple of birthday cards. It is Sheila’s on Saturday and we were planning to go out for lunch but she has postponed that because she is receiving her back injection today so didn’t know how she would feel afterwards.
    My hairdresser has managed to move an appointment for me so I can get some pink highlights in my hair a couple of days before a memorial in April being held for a friend who died. She left instructions for us to wear bright colours so I’m going to have hair matching a pink jacket!

Yes Lin, lots of social media nonsense about a delightful photo Catherine put together using Photoshop for Mothering Sunday and for some reason mainstream media jumped on it. Every photo going back years is now being forensically dissected! It’s all very silly and British public aren’t concerned so hopefully the poor girl will be left alone to recuperate from surgery. I’m sure I would remember that teapot if you had posted it before. Isn’t it gorgeous? 😁

Thinking of you Sandy and am sure you will be fine. ❤️

It’s raining of course but I must go out anyway.
    Happy Wednesday everyone.
    Jackie 🥰
  • Sandydur
    Options
    Happy Wednesday! :) All went well with tests for eye injection. They gave me pills for 20 days which could either be prednisone or a placebo. I think if I start gaining weight I will know if I have the prednisone and if not probably the placebo but won't ever know. I go back Friday for the injection and then again Monday for a check up. I will be dog sitting so they will have to pick me up from my son's house which is a half and hour from me so a longer trip. Yesterday's appointment was almost 3 hours with lots of sitting around doing nothing but waiting. They said the other appointments shouldn't be long at all, I hope.
    I am going to dog and kid sit this afternoon as Rob went downtown at my request so I could see the kiddos before they go to Tennessee next week. Still no packages and it is very frustrating as I keep getting notices they are being held at the post office and the post office can't find them. I am going to file a claim as soon as i have enough time to fill out all the forms.

Have a good day everyone and keep smiling life is good.
    Sandy
    One Day at a Time