Senior Golden Sneakers

Options

Replies

• linder4866
    linder4866 Posts: 11,086 Member
    Options
    Hello, the weather person says the morning freeze was likely the last one of the spring. Now wait until fall for the first frost. So we are in our growing season.

Sandy, glad you had a good time last night. Oh wow, Cheryl is a groupie! Nothing wrong with going to listen to music that you like, especially when a friend is playing. The exhibit should be interesting. What else did you see at the museum? Shingles shot #2 tomorrow. A friend just got her first shot and said she is glad to wait for the second one. She didn’t feel well after that shot.

I found lots to do so far today. Sorting card supplies, starting another birthday card, a couple of Zoom classes, online church, and a special Pop-Up Class late this afternoon. I don’t know if I have enough energy to do the entire thing but I will give it a try.

Making a little list, grocery run tomorrow.

Jackie, wow, you are really taking advantage of the better weather. Good for you! When it warms up a bit here, the winds are so strong, you feel like you’ll be blown across the parking lot. I guess warmer weather tomorrow but accompanied by strong wind once again here. Glad you got some rest. Oh darn! A bit frustrating with the phones communicating when you don’t necessarily want them to. If you had just had your new phone on, would you have been able to just download all your information from the cloud? I didn’t set up a biometric on my phone initially. In fact, I’m not sure it was an option when my phone was new so I have a passcode. I use the same one for my iPads. Now that I have a finger print set up on my phone it is handy to remember the pass code as the phone doesn’t always unlock with my finger press. I hope your local expert can get things straightened out—quickly! When does your visitor arrive? It is near the end of the month.

Best wishes to everyone!

Lin 🙋🏼‍♀️
    ❤️❤️

f612zzhvb3o1.jpeg

• Sandydur
    Sandydur Posts: 9,039 Member
    Options
    Happy Monday! :) Finally a nice day with temps in the 60's. I am going for my second shingles shot at noon and then to the jewelry store to pick up my repaired items. I may or may not stop by my friends house to visit depending on how he is doing when I am done. His wife said he is having a bad morning so she asked me to call her when I am done with jeweler.
    Had a nice time at the museum seeing all the wedding dresses from years ago and as far back as the early 1900's. Cheryl's mother's dress looked beautiful and they even had her pillow that held the rings and an apron that was worn at the reception. It was a custom, maybe Polish, that they would remove the veil at the reception and put on an apron since she was now becoming a housewife. You can bet they no longer do that in this day and age, these young girls would have the groom put on that apron. lol
    I did do that at my first wedding and thought nothing of it at that time.

Have a good day everyone, time for me to eat and get ready to be poked.
    Sandy
    One Day at a Time
  • linder4866
    edited April 23
    Options
    Good evening. I made my early morning trip to Walmart and found the primary item I was hunting for but it wasn’t a good time to look for fresh fruit and vegetables. They were doing some stocking but while lots of things were out of stock, some of the items in the bins were spoiled. Pass!

I did some Zoom classes, balanced my checkbook, crushed boxes and filled up both my trash bin and my recycling cart. It is warmer today and we had a wind warning today. I couldn’t believe that. They expected wind gusts at 45+ mph. I’m not sure if it got that bad.

My credit card bill is lost in the mail. 👀 great…..

Sandy, sounds like a very good Sunday! I hope the shingles shot was uneventful, that you got all of your repaired jewelry back and it that it looks great.

I never heard of that apron tradition. The displays sound very interesting.

Be safe everyone.

Lin 🙋🏼‍♀️
    ❤️❤️

lud9hd8z3d2y.jpeg

• jacAth3
    jacAth3 Posts: 1,691 Member
    Options
    I’m sorry I missed posting yesterday. It was busy with first meeting Sheila for a walk after she phoned early. It’s still dry but a chilly wind had sprung up again. We managed a decent distance and she did seem to enjoy herself, especially meeting a couple of dog walkers who stopped to chat. Being almost housebound for a year had taken its toll so hopefully she will be encouraged to get out more now her back is so much better and the cold/Covid symptoms have nearly gone. My iPhone continues to be a problem so I contacted the recommended engineer and later took both phones to his home in a village about 4 miles away. He told me not to feel bad because he gets customers every day with similar problems and thinks Apple has done nothing for the environment because there are literally millions of locked iPhones that have been dumped. When I returned from this morning’s walk I found a message from him on the landline and when I called back he was still struggling to get into the phone but thinks if I return to him tomorrow with my iPad he might find another way. I’ve said I will also take my AppleMac so every option is covered!

I’m gradually tidying and cleaning my cottage ready for Charmaine’s visit and in between I’ve cut the grass in case it should rain in the next few days.

That’s a gorgeous blueberry teapot Lin. Perfect for my fruit tea! Seeds of Lemon Bergamot and Japanese Shiso leaves are sprouting but no sign of any poppies just yet. The ground should be warm enough soon to plant a few veggies in my raised beds but already potatoes are in grow bags and a few leeks and garlic that overwintered look healthy.

That apron custom made me smile Sandy. How times have changed! 😆. I hope your shingles shot didn’t affect you. I bumped into Brian with his Westie this morning and in spite of bright weather he was talking of not wanting to wake up mornings. I’m sure he still misses his wife as they were married for 60 years.

George and Betty are snoozing so I will sneak down the garden to clean out the hen house. Exciting times!

Happy Tuesday. Stay safe.
    Jackie 🥰

• Sandydur
    Options
    Happy Tuesday! :) Got my shingles shot with no side affects other than a sore arm. Went and sat with two of the kids while Rob took Max to karate. Today I am trying to decide if I want to go get my nails done or just stay home and relax. Tomorrow I have a trial appointment for another check up. Thursday my meeting and dinner with good friends to celebrate one of their birthdays. Never a dull moment in my life.

Lin, I didn't go to the jeweler after all as I will be near there when I go to dinner Thursday so decided not to make a special trip. I am also thinking of ordering some groceries to be delivered today. Did they ever come back and fix your furnace?

Jackie, hope all is well with you.

Hello to all the other sneakers who drop in and hope all is good in your life. Missing Anne.

Have a good day,
    Sandy
    One Day at a Time
  • linder4866
    Options
    Hello, it is sunny and windy today but much warmer. I baked the rest of my Japanese red sweet potatoes this morning and did a load of laundry. Must wash clothes every few days or I run out clean pairs of my favorite socks. I have all of my Zoom classes packed into this afternoon. So I best rush! Tonight is my weekly YouTube Live.

Jackie, how nice to spend time with Sheila—how great that she is feeling better. Oh golly, what a bother with the iPhone. I had no idea it was so incredibly difficult to put things right again. It sounds as if you are ready for your company. Lucky chickens, a cleaned house. 👍🏻👍🏻

Sandy, take care. A bit of relaxation sounds like the best thing to do. And yes, never a dull moment for you.

And no, I haven’t received any communication from the HVAC company. I almost called this morning.

Well, off I go to make a cup of tea before my first class.

Be safe everyone.

Lin 🙋🏼‍♀️
    ❤️❤️

v5mb2l19amod.jpeg
  • Sandydur
    Options
    Happy Wednesday! :) I have trial appointment today so not much time. Instead of an Uber driver they are sending a chauffer driven car. Haven't heard from them yet so I hope they show up.
    A last minute call from Cheryl last night asking if I wanted to go to an Escape room with her, Marisa and Marisa's friend from school. I am not really good at finding the clues but it was fun.

Lin, we have another cool day and the heat is on. I didn't relax much yesterday as I was trying to transfer my 3000 photos on my phone to my computer and things got complicated. I now have photos in so many places I don't know how to fix it but will figure it out one day.

Jackie, these phones are sometimes more a pain in the butt than they are worth. Hopefully you got yours straightened out.

Have a good one ladies,
    Sandy
    One Day at a Time
  • jacAth3
    edited April 24
    Options
    Happy Wednesday. It has turned colder than many Winter days but at least no rain. I took George and Betty on to the moors for a long walk and only saw one other person to chat to. I’ve been bumping into this man with his cattle herder dog for several months so after he asked me the name of another female who he learnt lost her husband last month, I told him I didn’t know his, although his gorgeous dog is Oriole. So he is John and that’s easy to remember! When I got home I called Alex who has my phones and because he was still struggling, he asked me to take my iPad to him so he could try to connect to the phone through that account. After lots of toing and froing he has managed to reset the password and passcode so I have my working phone to collect tomorrow. I have written the new information very carefully in my book of passwords and dated it!

I am pottering as I continue to prepare for Charmaine’s arrival tomorrow and even set the log burners ready to light because it is forecast to rain from Friday.

A simple stir fry for me this evening then relax.
    Let’s all keep warm!
    Jackie 🥰
  • linder4866
    edited April 24
    Options
    Hi, my allergies have me on the run. Achoo!

Jackie, wonderful! You have your phone up and going again. Great news. I booted up my ancient MacBook this morning. It had about 2% battery. Oops. It has taken quite a while to charge but I don’t understand why there are no system updates unless it is so old there aren’t any more updates for it. 👀

Ready for company and good idea to have your log burners ready to go. The weather is never certain.

Sandy, a last minute escape room adventure. You never miss a good time. 👍🏻👍🏻 Photos, hate to think of those, mine are in a disaster state too. 😂. How did your appointment go today?

Need to run along. Be safe everyone.

Lin 🙋🏼‍♀️
    ❤️❤️

s6t0l31ddu7x.jpeg

• Sandydur
    edited April 24
    Options
    How did your appointment go today?
    Lin 🙋🏼‍♀️
    ❤️❤️

When they took blood they saw my arm from my shingles injection and think I have an infection. I have contacted my primary doctor to set up an appointment.

Always something.
    Sandy

• linder4866
    Options
    Sandy, that is not great news but at least you had someone who looked at it. Without that appointment, you wouldn’t have had it checked out.

Take care!

Lin🙋🏼‍♀️
  • jacAth3
    Options
    It has been a cold day but I’ve been busy so doing my best to ignore the late freeze! I was out early for a grocery shop, not that I needed much, just fresh produce. I phoned Alex when I got back and arranged to visit him immediately to pick up the phones and also took George and Betty so we could stop on the moors for a walk. It started to rain while we were up there and it was even colder so we didn’t stay long. George was fascinated by the young lambs but both were kept on their leads because it’s the law to protect young livestock until end July. Now I’m waiting for Charmaine to arrive but it isn’t easy for her to give even an estimate because her daughter is autistic so has to think long and hard about everything. She will be dropped off at Exeter university where she is studying psychology.

Sandy, I am sorry if you have picked up an infection. As you say, there’s always something!

Lin, I boosted up my old Apple MacBook battery a couple of days ago and turned out it was the most useful to get back into my iPhone. I don’t remember it ever updating its system but do tend to take those things for granted!

Time for a cup of tea with my favourite bags. Sheila’s were great to get me through a couple of days after I ran out and I wouldn’t ever complain but PG tips are best!

I will check in when I can.
    Take care.
    Jackie 🥰
  • linder4866
    edited April 26
    Options
    Hello!

Jackie, I hope your company arrived and you’ve settled in for the night. Hoping your weather will be nice for the next few days. I am so glad your phone is fixed up. It is odd that our old Macs don’t seem to update. I fired up my newest Windows laptop (which also hadn’t been started for a long time). It updated and updated and updated! Oh my.

Sandy, how was your day? Busy I am sure. Did you get a doctor’s appointment? Feeling okay?

We have a threat for severe weather over the next few days. I will keep my fingers crossed.

I ordered a new kitchen faucet and it arrived today. My handyman said he will install it next week. Still no communication from the HVAC company. Tomorrow will be 2 weeks since I heard from them.

I sorted out electronic cords and adapters that I no longer use. A electronics recycling and paper shredding day is coming up in May. I found a few boxes in the basement that have things from my parents house and I haven’t sorted through them.

Be safe everyone.

Lin 🙋🏼‍♀️
    ❤️❤️

dcandq2b7vd0.jpeg

• barbiecat
    barbiecat Posts: 16,919 Member
    Options
    <3
  • Sandydur
    Options
    Happy Friday! :) Laundry day and playing catch up on my computer. I did go to the nurse practioner yesterday and she put me on an antibiotic as she thinks I have cellulitis from the injection. I will take the medicine for 7 days. I then met my friends for an early dinner and a little gambling. We had a great time as we always do when we get together. Nothing planned for the weekend as yet except church.

Hi Barbie.

Lin, have you called the HVAC people to see what the hold up is? I need a new faucet as well but it is working so I will wait until my SIL can install a new one as my landlord will find some excuse not to do it.

Jackie, enjoy your company and don't worry about us, just have fun.

Have a great Friday.
    Sandy
    One Day at a Time
  • linder4866
    edited April 26
    Options
    Hi.

Sandy, I hope the medication will help. I did laundry today as well. A big load of towels. 🤭
    I did try to call my contact with the HVAC company. He didn’t answer his phone. Busy with other customers no doubt.

I talked to a friend for a while. She got me all up to date on her health issues and other situations.

Jackie, I hope you are having a good time.

Barbie ❤️ hope all is well with you.

I did a number of Zoom classes today and there are special classes this evening. I think I am be too tired to participate.

Talk to you soon.

Lin 🙋🏼‍♀️
    ❤️❤️

lowfr0zziz28.jpeg

• jacAth3
    edited April 27
    Options
    Hello! My friend arrived Thursday evening and we sat up until after midnight chatting! Yesterday we went for a long, long walk over the moors then went to the shop for pasties, drove to the top of the hill where our transmitter sits and enjoyed watching sheep with their very young lambs frolicking about. That was Charmaine’s favourite moment! We continued to talk in the afternoon before going to the local pub for a meal which was delicious.

Today it’s pouring with rain so probably a short walk then hopefully a cream tea somewhere. Both George and Betty were very tired after our trek across the moors so need to recover! Charmaine is going to cook one of her vegetarian aubergine dishes this evening and sadly she will have to leave very early tomorrow morning.

Love the tea set Lin. Hi Sandy and Barbie. Once Charmaine has left I will see if I can make contact with Anne.

Jackie 🥰
  • Sandydur
    Options
    Happy Saturday! :) It's supposed to be a beautiful day today with temps in the 80's but maybe a shower or two. Nothing going on today except mass later.

Jackie, glad you are enjoying your time with Charmaine and having fun for a change. Short but sweet visit. I don't want to bug Anne so will let you make contact with Anne and keep us posted.

Lin, I am not convinced I have cellulitis but will continue to take the antibiotic to be safe. I am trusting the nurse practioner but after googling reactions this could just be a reaction.

Our group has become a trio with an occasional sneaker visit. Miss our group but life gets in the way.

Have a good day.
    Sandy
    One Day at a Time

• linder4866
    edited April 27
    Options
    Hi. Alive and my house is in one piece. Last evening the emergency sirens were wailing on and off for hours! I was in a small space in my house that has no windows. I had my phone plugged into a supplemental battery. I got the local TV station on Paramount +. The over the air reception on my closest television was horrible. The storms caused both the picture and audio to break up.

Very scary time as huge storms moved across our area. Another suburb not far away did get hit and this morning roads were closed there. Too many downed power lines.

So we are heading into another night of the same potential weather. 🤞🏻🤞🏻🤞🏻🤞🏻

Sandy, we are sort of a trio with some visits ftom other Sneakers, just not as often as in the past. Sad…..

Jackie, lovely visit! Wow, you wore out the doggies. I am sure they were happy. Enjoy the rest of your visit!

Nothing else to add today.

Be safe.

Lin 🙋🏼‍♀️
    ❤️❤️

q7egs9eyeaur.jpeg
  • Sandydur
    Options
    Lin, glad you are safe, when I saw all the tornadoes in Iowa I was scared for you. Keep staying safe.