Senior Golden Sneakers

Options

Replies

• jacAth3
    jacAth3 Posts: 1,697 Member
    Options
    Cooler today but we still managed a long walk with the pooches then our favourite cream tea of scones, strawberry jam and clotted cream with a large pot of tea. We sorted a few plants for Charmaine to take home before preparing a delicious bolognaise with spaghetti. We have talked our socks off but tonight we will have an early night because she will leave early in the morning.

Wow Lin, last night sounds terrifying so I do hope you don’t have to go through similar tonight. Do take care. ❤️

Sandy, it is sad but almost inevitable that our lovely group has become so small. I will message Anne tomorrow and fingers crossed she is alright.

Off to bed!
    Jackie 🥰
  • Sandydur
    Sandydur Posts: 9,046 Member
    Options
    Happy Sunday! Warm but wet day. No plans but you never know what will happen if the sun comes out.
    Nothing exciting here so I wish you all a great day and stay healthy and safe.

Sandy
    One Day at a Time
  • linder4866
    linder4866 Posts: 11,095 Member
    Options
    Hello, a day online. Church and exercise classes.

I am happy to say we did not have severe weather here last night. The storms took a different path. We have had rain today and no storms but I am not sure the storms have all passed this area as of this point. Will wait and see.

Sandy, just saw your Facebook photos and videos. Fun with the kiddos. Nice!

Hope everyone is well.

Lin🙋🏼‍♀️
    ❤️❤️

8cyb31gtx9pa.jpeg

• linder4866
    Options
    Me again. I had a conversation with my HVAC rep this morning. He said he was going to call me today. 👀 Anyway, he thinks the final parts should arrive today and they have been working with the manufacturer and think they have a fix for the communication problem. Thankfully, they will send the technician who got a temporary fix in place. He knows what he did and I am sure he can get everything in place. If the parts have arrived, my rep said he will call me this afternoon to schedule the work. Progress.

I am picking up a grocery order this afternoon and meanwhile, have several Zoom classes.

Sunny today but more stormy weather on the way this week.

I hope everyone has a good day!

Lin 🙋🏼‍♀️
    ❤️❤️

486db65di6ok.jpeg
  • Sandydur
    Options
    Happy Monday! :) Fun filled day with the kiddos yesterday. Rob texted and asked if he could bring them over so he and Lisa could continue painting their house and cabinets. I took them to the park across the street from my house then to a bigger park by the forest preserve and ended with a little farm that is open to the public. Once back home and fed they wanted to go to the park across the street. Needless to say I was exhausted when Rob picked them up around 7pm. It was fun though and I got over 8000 steps. Today I am doing nothing. lol

Lin, I am glad you are finally getting some answers from HVAC. I hope they come soon although the weather is warmer but wet. Good luck with groceries, hope you get all you ordered.

Jackie, hope all is well and your friend made it home safely.

Have a good one.
    Sandy
    One Day at a Time
  • jacAth3
    edited April 30
    Options
    All is quiet at home again and Charmaine will be back into her hospital nursing shifts. She was a midwife for nearly 40 years and now semi retired, organises and administers vaccinations for mothers and babies. It turned out we were lucky with our mostly dry days so were able to walk on the moors because the cold, wild and wet weather has returned! I lit the log burner in my snug in the evening which is unheard of this time of year! George and Betty spent yesterday recovering from the long walks so we didn’t go out but today it will be wet weather gear on for the 3 of us to at least walk round the block.

Fingers crossed Lin your system will be up and running very soon. I’ve heard that tradesman’s story so many times who was about to call!

What a fun day Sandy! I managed about 8,000 steps each day with Charmaine but that was only walking and climbing a few hills. I can imagine excited children running around would exhaust me in no time! 😁

Nothing much planned today so I will get paintbrushes out and attempt a coat on the dining room ceiling and beams.

Take care
    Jackie 🥰
  • Sandydur
    edited April 30
    Options
    Happy Tuesday! :) Nice sunny day for my trial checkup. Didn't sleep well so might be taking a nap this afternoon. Tomorrow I am sitting so Rob can go to his office. Nothing exciting.

Jackie, glad you had a good time with your friend. Of course you made me think of Call the Midwife when speaking of Charmaine. Does she think the show is accurate? My goal is 5000 steps so anything over that is a bonus to me. I also try and ride my recumbent bike to gain more calories, because I love to eat. lol

Not a lot of time although I haven't heard from the driving service but will assume they will pick my up at noon. Have a good day all.

Sandy
    One Day at a Time
  • linder4866
    edited April 30
    Options
    Hello. Stormy weather later today. The email I received said high probability for strong winds and hail, lower for tornadoes. Makes my stomach churn.

Sandy, I hope your appointment goes well. We all like to eat I think. 🤗 My grandmother ate less and less as she got older. Waiting for a smaller appetite.

Jackie, back to cold and wet. Oh no. We may get to 80 today which will provide energy for storms. As far as the HVAC guy, he did call back. The needed parts have not arrived yet but are confirmed as shipped. He made an appointment because getting the expert installers is difficult. They will of course cancel if the parts aren’t here.

That’s fair.

Well, back to sorting. Also must check on my sweet potatoes. They are roasting and starting to smell good.

Be safe everyone.

Lin 🙋🏼‍♀️
    ❤️❤️

7weaqh5q5jj5.jpeg
  • barbiecat
    barbiecat Posts: 16,932 Member
    Options
    :) Yesterday was carpet cleaning day. The carpet cleaner last came shortly after Bernie died so it has been awhile. Jake like the woman who did the work so he asked her to come back.

:):) The carpets are clean and furniture is back in place. The four of us sat on the patio for nearly 2 hours in sunny 47 degree weather. I pulled weeds for about 15 minutes, but otherwise sat with them. It didn't start to rain until time to go in. We fed the dogs outside but Jake and I had to wait for our supper until all the work was done. Once again, the carpet cleaner did a great job and Jake gave her a big tip. He is very happy with the results.

:) It was a long stressful day that included vacuuming, furniture moving, and stressed out dogs. Bessie is worse than I am and not liking to have her routines changed. Annie has never been as obedient as she was during this forced waiting time. Jake and I were both exhausted and finished the day by watching Jeopardy and Beyond Paradise and went to bed early.

:) We plan to take it easy today although Annie got us up just before 5 which was a good thing for me because it gave me plenty of time to walk and still be home to meet some friends on Zoom at 8:30.

:)Sandy, you sure expend a lot of energy with your grandchildren. It's not something I would want to do but you seem to love it.

:)Lin What a challenge with the HVAC people. I love all the teapots and admire your tenacity in continuing to find new ones to share with us.

:)Jackie, All your rain makes us seem like an area of drought. I admire all your hard work.

<3 Love and hugs from Barbie
  • Sandydur
    edited May 1
    Options
    Happy Wednesday! :) A beautiful day today with warmth and sunshine. I am dog and kid sitting today so will be leaving soon to take care of dogs. My appointment yesterday was good and didn't even have to have my eyes dilatated. They were checking to see if I had any inflammation and I did not. This doctor said everything looks good and the idea is to stop the progressing and it is indeed doing that. I asked does that mean I am not getting the placebo? He said I can't really tell you that but you are an intelligent lady so I think you can figure it out. Sounds good to me.

Nice hearing from you Barbie.

I don't have time to chat but I am getting closer to my goal weight with lots of hard work.
    Have a good day everyone.
    Sandy
    One Day at a Time
  • jacAth3
    Options
    Happy Wednesday. After walking the pooches round the block and giving each one a treat, I picked up Linda and drove to the garden opened by a couple for a charity donation. A very chatty lady greeted us and explained it had been a garden nursery until she and her husband retired last year. Now they concentrate on gardening for their own pleasure but it looked like an awful lot of hard work to me! I was left with the impression I can keep on top of mine if they can do all that work. After that visit we went on to a nursery a few miles away that was once small but has expanded into a massive business. Very interesting but seeing their prices I’m convinced the way forward for me is to take cuttings, seeds and propagate from what is already in my garden. The sun came out while we sat outside their coffee shop and the warmth felt wonderful! Home now and hoping to do a small amount of gardening of my own.

That’s wonderful news about your eye appointment Sandy. Early days I know but certainly positive.

Lin, I do hope your stormy weather wasn’t nasty. Needed parts shipped and on their way! 🤞🏻

Hi Barbie. Yes, we’ve had the wettest Winter and Spring on record while just across the English Channel France is basking in a heatwave!

Enjoy the rest of the day.
    Jackie 🥰
  • linder4866
    Options
    Hello. I have Zoomed my way through the morning! I haven’t signed up for any afternoon classes. I might change my mind.

Received a text this morning that the technicians from the HVAC company will arrive between 7am and 5pm tomorrow. 😂 That narrows it down doesn’t it. They will call or text when they are on the way to my house—usually about 15 minutes before they land. So they must have received the parts yesterday.

No word from my handyman but that is not unusual.

Lots of warnings and watches yesterday but mostly hail and wind. We were in between the swatches of hail. I am very thankful. Rain is expected later this afternoon and evening…..and maybe tomorrow. Odd that so many storms are rolling through and we are getting rain. The long range forecast for the season is for very dry weather. Farmers are hoping that isn’t true.

Jackie, what fun to look at all the plants that are available to purchase. Even if you decide not to buy any.

Sandy, that does sound as if you did receive the actual drug. I hope all continues to be on track and that your eye sight is stable. Wow, and you have just about gotten back to your desired weight. Happy days for you my friend.

Barbie. What a massive job—carpet cleaning isn’t quick and easy. I get quite on edge with people in my house messing about with things. I wish I could do more myself. Rest up. You have all been through a lot!

Best wishes to everyone. Hi to Diane, Jeri, Joy and Anne. Happy May Day 💐💐

Lin 🙋🏼‍♀️
    ❤️❤️

A tiny teapot
    wgijb1rq1m61.jpeg

• jacAth3
    Options
    We are getting everything thrown at us today. Thunderstorms, sunshine, cold winds, warm winds! I did some early grocery shopping then waited for dryer weather to walk with George and Betty. By midday the roads were busy so I will try to avoid that sort of time in future. I’ve eaten a sandwich for lunch and will now try to get some gardening done. Unsettled is the forecast but I have some chores to finish in my greenhouse if it does rain.

Sandy, Charmaine was a student nurse in the early 80’s and didn’t immediately decide on Midwifery so missed the era of the tv show. She trained in her local hospital as more and more women chose to not have a home birth so no need to be cycling round London streets!

Lin, it seems you are experiencing the predicted weather after El Niño faded. We still have the remnants of that but hopefully it will at least warm up soon. Haha, yes a whole day to wait in does narrow the window! I’m guessing you are already sitting patiently waiting!

I sent a Jacqui Lawson card to Anne telling her we are thinking of her so hopefully will hear back soon that she is ok. Time to don my wellies and go outside. Yesterday afternoon I planted the last few seed potatoes in the raised bed and now have beetroot seeds to scatter. Happy Thursday.

Jackie 🥰
  • Sandydur
    Options
    Happy Thursday! :) I am going to my meeting and then getting my car washed hopefully before the rain tonight. Busy weekend coming up with dinner with Cheryl and Cathy, a karate tournament with all 3 kiddos and a party on Sunday at Lisa's aunt's house. Can't say I don't keep busy. lol

Jackie, I still enjoy watching the show even if some of it seems far fetched. I do hope Anne does reach out, I really miss her as we all do.

Lin, I do hope your guys show up earlier than later and finally get this done. I am thinking of buying my balcony plants now that it is May but still haven't seen my hummingbird so not sure if it time yet.

Hello to all the sneakers and have a wonderful day.
    Sandy
    One Day at a Time
  • linder4866
    Options
    Yippee! I have a 100% installed system, WiFi is hooked up and the app is fully functioning on my phone! I am very happy.

Cold and wet today. I didn’t sleep much last night due to thunderstorms and downpours. I hope to make up for that tonight.

Sandy, very busy weekend once again!

Jackie, I hope you got a lot of your gardening completed.

Anne, we miss you!

Off to get lunch and then an afternoon with many Zoom classes.

Lin🙋🏼‍♀️
    ❤️❤️

p64p4wdzcres.jpeg
  • Sandydur
    edited May 3
    Options
    Happy Friday! :) Had some rain last night and a little this morning but sun is supposed to come out later. I am sitting for a couple of hours so Rob can take Robby for his private karate lesson. All three kids are in a tournament tomorrow in my area. It starts early but the kids will be worth it.

Lin, so glad you are all set with your HVAC system and at least they didn't make you wait all day.

Nothing else going on, just the laundry. Have a great day.
    Sandy
    One Day at a Time
  • linder4866
    edited May 4
    Options
    Hello. Another busy day. I did some laundry this morning and worked on making what will be the front of some cards by stamping a background and then some daisies. I swept off my driveway but it is full of junk again as the guy mowed my lawn this afternoon and they never try to remove the debris. My sidewalks and driveway are the only messy ones in the neighborhood. The technician showed up and serviced my generator. That took quite a while and this company is also switching to check or if a credit card there’s a surcharge. We talked about that for a while.

I packed in some Zoom classes this afternoon.

I hope to cut down the panels I made and also to find a coordinating color of paper for another layer. Maybe more laundry and more Zoom classes on Saturday and Sunday.

Rain showers will be back tomorrow.

I hope everyone has a good weekend.

Be safe.

Lin 🙋🏼‍♀️
    ❤️❤️

2o3vpy5xdexa.jpeg

• jacAth3
    Options
    Yesterday was a busy day with a long walk, then lots of gardening. Our weather remains hit and miss but if the cold wind would go it would be quite pleasant! It seems to happen every year that just as my favourite scented Rhododendron is in full bloom, strong winds arrive to knock off the petals!
    f38uzyelnqpz.jpeg
    It is our May Day bank holiday so I was out early to get to the moors before it got too busy but apart from waving to one dog walker getting into her car, I didn’t see another soul until I stopped at the Post Office on my way home for a fresh loaf and pot of natural yogurt. Two loads of laundry are hanging out and once I finish my coffee I will check an outside drain the kitchen sink runs into because it’s blocked. Not my favourite kind of job!

Anne hasn’t yet picked up her Jacqui Lawson card but I’m hoping it’s nothing more than she’s enjoying time with Michael and Jilly.

On Thursday I phoned Sheila and we caught up with news. The last time we walked together she told me her tyre pressure light was on again and it seems this time she had a large nail embedded in one. The local garage repaired it and asked for a cash payment to avoid bank charges and Alex who repaired my iPhone did the same so I think it’s a way forward for small businesses and the self employed!

I can’t put off the drain clearance any longer so wishing everyone a warm and peaceful weekend.
    Jackie 🥰
  • linder4866
    Options
    Hello

Jackie what a beautiful rhododendron! I am sorry the wind is damaging the blooms. Darn weather. I was watching a bit of Kerry and the boys on vacation in Scotland. Lovely weather there but they were driving home today. I wonder if the weather will be good at home?

Oh gosh, working on a blocked drain does sound quite unpleasant. I hope it didn’t take long and it is fixed.

I didn’t know you had the same drift to cash payments. The smallest businesses here are charged 4% by the credit card companies while the larger ones pay 3%. At least with the companies deal with. I spoke to my credit union about using their debit card and they said if you swipe the card and do not enter a PIN number, the money comes directly from my account but if you use a PIN it goes through an intermediary and it costs them. Meanwhile, I am writing checks.

I am listening to Warren Buffet Live on CNBC YouTube. Still an interesting guy.

I may watch the Kentucky Derby later but I am hoping no horses are injured this year.

Be safe everyone.

Lin 🙋🏼‍♀️
    ❤️❤️

nv6mxto0a6yx.jpeg
  • Sandydur
    Options
    Happy Saturday! :) Had my alarm set for 7am but woke up at 6 and stayed up. The kiddos were in a karate tournament that started with Charlie at 8:45am, then Max at 9:45am and Robby at 12:30. We went to Mc Donald's to eat after Max and went back. Charlie got a 2nd place trophy, Max got two first place trophies and Robby got a third place. Robby's class is harder and with his ADHD he has a hard time with loss but handled it well today. I was proud of him.

I am going to 5:00 mass but think I might need a short cat nap before I go. Tomorrow we are going to a Bar B Que at Lisa's aunt's house and they were kind enough to invite me.

I am just trying to figure out when to plant my balcony flowers since our weather is so messed up.
    I might even plant some inpatients out in front even though I am a renter, we will see.

Have a good day.
    Sandy
    One Day at a Time