Please join us

Options

Replies

• AmyZ46
    AmyZ46 Posts: 694 Member
    Options
    So busy at work this hitch whew , I'm still in shock that I have such a good attitude through it all - the raise helps that's for sure.
    -
    I am so lazy this time though . I cant get up early to exercise. I am doing some things at work but nothing like I should be .

Oh my DH told me yesterday that our house will be paid off in July ,I am so happy about that !

Oh and I heard back from my brother about his kidneys - it's a nephritis that can be fixed with medication , whew .I was so worried about him . I was all ready to give him a kidney hahaha!

My oldest son - the one that lived in China is still in Louisiana looking for work ,sigh ,I wish he would find something soon . With his fiancé expecting I don't want them to go back to China . I told him he should come to Ak but I guess he likes all the family in La. who wouldn't ? ha

I am reading a book called Ghost boy , It's really good . It's about a boy who gets an illness and loses all ability to move and even communicate - then regains it later. I'm not sure what's going to happen I am just struck at his thought process while he can think and not communicate , Makes me glad that I always spoke to my child patients when I was doing private duty nursing .

AH, well back to work
  • mizpaden74
    mizpaden74 Posts: 3,727 Member
    Options
    not that I want to re-do the tyrannical three's - but I do quite miss the days when a red sucker and spiderman sticker would make anything ok - anyone who says, "at least boys aren't dramatic," LIES all lies
  • jrbanta
    jrbanta Posts: 4,275 Member
    Options
    Lots of posts to read!
    Shirley- I love the blanket. Those fleece blankets are so easy and a great gift. I've made them for my boys (bigger size) so they can use them on their beds or in front of TV. Rory and David took theirs to college. So what are you doing with your recipes? What kind of binder are you making? I know you mentioned your healthy recipes earlier. Is it a binder of just the recipes you want to cook when you are on a strict plan?

Marla- I can't believe you have to move your own desks, cubicles etc. Crazy! They should pay people extra to come and do that after hours. Is the new carpet nice? It sounds like Zach is eating again. Weight lifting will increase his appetite. Fuel for the muscles that will increase metabolism and burn any fat.

Ang- Have you had gloomy weather and non sunny days? Maybe that is contributing to your body having a hard time waking up. That happens to me when it's gray every day.

Amy- It sounds like you've been picking up a lot of extra hours at work. Does that mean you are away from home for days at a time? I get confused about your job.

Today was in the 40's, woo hoo! Heat wave and no coat needed! The sky is blue, no clouds and the sun was shining all day. Nice break for end of January. Another two months of winter and we are done with this, hopefully. Sometimes we see snow in April and May but it melts fast.

David is in Grand Forks visiting Rory and will be home tomorrow. Once again he's only staying a week and then heading to Maine to be with his girl friend. I was really hoping he would be around for 2-3 weeks but Chantrelle hurt her back and needs him to help her with some remodel projects with her house she is living in. He misses her too!

Well TGIF! Nice short week and the weekend is suppose to stay warm.

Take care,
    Jenny
  • AmyZ46
    Options
    Good Morning,

Saturdays are usually slow up here but not this hitch . wow ! Phone blowing up, lots of drug tests lots of tb tests . my desk is a mess ...

Jenny I work away from home every 3 weeks which is why I can travel to Louisiana so much . I live up here on the north slope half my life . I left on the 12th and I return home on the 2nd of Feb . (Anchorage that is )
    'Today the wind chill is at 77below !
    It's freezing in my office I have called maintenance yesterday because it's 57 degrees in here ! They have just arrived to install two little wall heaters in there ,whew.

Marla , I often think of those days too where a sucker or a hug would fix everything , that's why I love when the grandbabies come over it's like I get all the memories of my children back . So funny how that works .

oh well got to run more clients walking in ...
  • Shirley61
    Shirley61 Posts: 7,758 Member
    Options
    Amy looking forward to my new grandson and hold him in April. :)

Ang - I have to agree with Jenny, I think these cloudy days are hard to get up and get motivated. I think when Spring comes you will have more energy. Keep on plugging.

Marla- Never had boys but lots of drama with girls. Not so much since they are adults now.

Jenny - The first binder is my everyday go to meals healthy and sticking to meals like South Beach.
    The other binder is for parties, snacks, company breakfasts and dinners. Meals for 4-6 people.
    Some crockpot recipes too.

Today was a trip to Walmart and Canadian tire. We had to replace our electric kettle and blender.
    I also bought some 1 pound weights, Now I have 1,2, and 3 pounds.
    Another cloudy day, cold goes right through your bones. Rest day today no exercise.

Shirley
  • angf0679
    angf0679 Posts: 1,120 Member
    Options
    Can I ask all you ladies to please keep me in mind and pray for me? I'm going through a lot of changes right now and it's not all going to be easy. To make a long story short (and I cannot go into a lot of details about this) I am leaving my job. I'm on the hunt for something new. Please pray that I can find something quickly.
  • AmyZ46
    Options
    Good Morning ,

Still cold dark and windy up here but 8 more nights till I get to go home ,at least the countdown is on .

Anj- oh no I'm sorry to hear that and I hope you find just the right place . Good luck and special wishes coming your way .
    -
    Shirley I wish I was as dedicated to eating well as you are ... sigh . I try so hard and I do well for periods of time and then I just lose my mind .

I too can't wait for my grandbaby in July .

L - what was that about your jeep ? did you forget where you parked it hahaha ?

Marla I had the two boys and the girl and let me tell you my oldest son was full of drama !! hahaha More than my daughter for sure .

Well , here we go again - work ahhh

• jrbanta
    Options
    Ang- I'm thinking positive thoughts and have said a prayer that you find a job quickly. I'm sorry that you are going through a hard time and have left your job. Sometimes when one door closes for whatever reason, another one opens to better opportunities.

Shirley- I should fly you in to organize my house :) You do so well at cleaning, organizing, and have such discipline for your exercise too.

Amy- Absence must really make your heart grow fonder for hubbie if you are away for days at a time. I can't even comprehend 77 below windchill. -35-40 is the max I've felt and that's bad!

Marla-WTG on the workout!

Hi L!

Beautiful day here and warm weekend. David arrived yesterday. We visited for awhile and then he went to Jeff's house to visit and go to a movie with Jeff and Iva. Haven't seen him today. He's staying a week but plans to go up to Duluth for a night or two so won't be around much. We'll take what we can get. He looks good!

Russ and I cooked and baked yesterday. We delivered two meals, bread, and cookies to friend of ours. Nancy just had rotator cuff surgery and is on her back in a recliner on pain meds right now. They did a lot for me when Russ fell off our roof and was hospitalized or so long.

Enjoy the rest of your Sunday!
    Jenny

• Shirley61
    Shirley61 Posts: 7,758 Member
    edited January 2015
    Options
    Morning Ladies,

ANG - Prayers coming your way. I hope you find something that suits you. Sorry you have to leave.

MARLA - I see you getting in your exercise with your DVD, good on you !

L - Hi, jealous, your warm temperatures.

Any - I cannot fathom your cold temperatures Brrr. We are going to miss the big storm
    coming on the eastern seaboard today. :)

Jenny - It's so nice to have people who help out when you need it most and then you can
    reciprocate. That surgery is painful, I know a few people who have had it.

Yesterday Dave and I went skiing, downhill, the first time this year. We got our passes for the season and our locker organized. We did a few runs and I forgot to add an extra layer under my sweater so I was shivering after our break. We called it a day. The temp was 15F. The conditions were a little bit icy, but we are used to that.

Today was getting my haircut. So nice not to have to sit for hours getting the coloring and cut done. Don't miss it. It frickin freezing out, 14F and light snow today. After that I went
    to get the car gassed up. Now doing laundry and getting my HIIT exercise in for the morning.

Keep warm!

Shirley
  • mizpaden74
    Options
    Ang - sorry to hear you are facing these challenges - I pray you will find a new place quickly and you will be at peace - as Jenny said another door is probably open already. If not look for a window. You never know what form new opportunities will take.

shirley - I only ever tried skiing once - it was awful - so many people love it and seem to be really proficient at it - I just didn't seem to have the correct muscle control. Not fun.

Jenny - good to see your boy even if for a short time. I keep forgetting to ask - how has Rory been liking the Ranger thing? I know your friends will appreciate the meals during the recovery - good friends

L - I saw something on FB you posted about your Jeep - was it stolen? I pray not!

Amy - being so busy you don't know what to do next is not fun - but being bored isn't the way to go either is it - why can't everything just be nicely busy ?

The drama continues - dear heaven - I know I have to step off and let him crash and burn (or change it up and get it done) but I seriously don't think I am strong enough to just pull out and let him fail. I read something that really struck me as true - that I can't worry what people will think if he fails - it's his issue - but that's just unrealistic to me - because I think it points directly to how he has been raised (or not raised) and that makes me ashamed - I know it's just some grades - but it feels like a fundamental failure on my part - sigh

A couple of regular games this week, music ministries start back up for Spring and the ginormous Roundball thing - I spent hours scrubbing grout this weekend. It was nasty. It was a pain- but I am very pleased with how it looks.

• AmyZ46
    Options
    Not keeping warm at all hahaha I have a small heater in my office wait no I just put another one so I have two small heaters in my main office . I'm still cold I have my hat on two sweaters and of course long underwear under my uniform and it's still chilly . Very windy out side ,we are in Phase conditions up here meaning you should only drive if you have to . If we change to phase two then you can only drive in a caravan of two or more vehicles . They don't want anyone alone out there . I'll let yall know how it goes .

Shirley , I have decided to stop coloring my hair also , as hard as it is to do because I have so much gray but I hate doing it too, I hate the time and cost of getting it done all the time . I'm grayer than my sister who is 4 years older than I am ! I'm also letting it grow too , which is so much harder than I expected I just wear a head band all the time.
    or my hat like today :smiley:

Jenny yes it does ! I texted my husband last night and told him I missed how he smells and he texted back he would make sure he was really smelly for me when I get back home . Ha then I missed him more because he's so funny . :smiley:
    some work weeks are easier to be away from home than others - like after a particularly good time home when we spend a whole lot of time together and he takes off work -then I really have a hard time at work and miss him so much more . This Job really made my daughter appreciate me more also . She took for granted every thing I did for her and now she acts like a child when I come home , I love it .

Marla , how was your busy week end ? Any wins?

Hi L , how's life in that nice warm climate , sigh I go there in March , yay

Anj, hang in there ,good things are coming your way .

• angf0679
    Options
    Shirley - At least one of will miss the storm! We already all said we aren't coming in tomorrow. I've been wanting a snow day and am finally getting it!

This morning as I was cleaning up the salt off the floors, I couldn't decide if I wanted to burst into cheers that I didn't need to do that much longer or burst into tears because I'm leaving. No one else here knows yet and it's hard not to say anything. I need to pass things on that I do, but it's hard to not say WHY I am showing how to do what I do!
  • jrbanta
    Options
    Busy work day with one cancellation. Both kids I saw today have made some progress since two weeks ago. Love to hear it! Parents are pleased too. Kudos to them for following my suggestions. That's what it takes and if parents don't do their part with speech therapy strategies then progress is slow to nonexistent.

Marla- I feel your pain regarding school performance. It's a hard decision. I usually wanted the boys to feel and experience the natural consequences of not putting in the time and effort to do well. They have to feel and want the accomplishment in their own hearts. I found it can't be my desire/achievement because then they expected me to bail them out every time. When they saw their grade they sure stepped up to the plate when it meant more to them to achieve the next time. The motivation has to be internal not external in my experience. Hope it all works out <3 Rory likes his park ranger job. They are giving him lots of experiences, hours, and he plans to work continuously through summer. He will only be home for Easter weekend now. They have so much to do and he's trying to put some money in the bank to help with college costs. He learned to drive a bobcat and snowplow and loves that of course!

Shirley- I admire that you and Dave get to ski and do well at it. I did downhill when I was young and x-country when I was a little older. Now I don't do either but I do like snow shoeing. I'd like to buy a pair instead of rent or borrow.

Amy- You and your husband are so sweet <3 Your office sounds miserable. Are you in a quanset hut or tent? Why no heat? No insulation? Be careful!

Ang- I said another prayer for you this morning. When is your last day at your job? You will persevere!

Hi L!

Jenny
  • AmyZ46
    Options
    Good Morning ladies ,

I had some excitement this morning , I got in my work truck to leave camp and head to the office and there was blowing snow but it didn't look too bad ... until I got to the road ,I couldn't tell where the road was so I turned around in the parking lot and went back inside where all the men were waiting for their morning meeting and asked if it really was just a phase 1 . They all said yea, it's not that bad so I kind of teared up ( I'm so emotional lol) and I said I couldn't see the road - I texted my boos who said " It's only a phase 1 ,call me when you do finally get to the office safe " So I spoke to the camp boss ( not our company boss but the boss of the company that stays at the camp , and he said he would have two of his employee's drive me and bring my truck ) so here I am st work and I never ever would have been able to drive here. you couldn't see in front of the vehicle at all . He had to watch the reflectors on the side of the road most of the time ! anyhow that's my excitement for the day hahaha.
    -
    Jenny , my work office is actually two trailers or what do they call them buildings that are like portable buildings ?they are kind of insulated but obviously not well enough and any window here is just a big cold liability I say lol

They build whole hotels or camps out of those trailer looking buildings up here .

Marla as far as school performance I have no advice at all . I had my two boys who I had never ever had to tell them to study ,do homework or anything they were driven. My very intelligent daughter however was not self motivated and grades meant nothing to her . From a very young age she was defiant with her teachers that she didn't need to do the homework if she knew the lesson - over and over the teachers tried to get through to her they started off testing her on the lesson and she was right she knew it ,but if she was put in advanced classes she still would not do the work . She just flat out refused so her grades reflected her poor homework not her knowledge - she made c's all through school always A's on her tests and always no homework which was part of the grade . I tried every thing I punished her no TV . she didn't care she read books. I took away her laptop no problem she would just read , I took away her books a few times she just went to sleep - nothing bothered her . She was not the type to go out with friends so what could I take away ? Anyhow she quit school in 11th grade , when I started on the slope , she got her GED in one sitting of course . she is so smart? anyhow college now and guess what ? She's studying ? All on her own .... I had the hardest time when she quit school because I felt like a failure ,but short of beating her I had no options . I could have kicked her out of the house but then that would make a bad situation worse , I think it's working out . Sorry for the book there.

Shirley I love skiing and hope to get at least one day of downhill when I get home next week . We shall see - I offered to work on the 9th through 12 at a village doing physicals with a P.A. but that still leaves 2.5 weeks to get skiing ! I'm not good at it at all and stay lower mountain but we just got some good snow I hear .

Well everyone have a great day ! I'll snuggle here with my two heaters
  • mizpaden74
    Options
    it sounds like crazy bad weather to the north there - and here were it is normally bitter cold this time of year - it is 50 degrees. Straanggee.

Amy - what you explained with your daughter sounds very similar to how things are going with Zach. He is scary smart and everything is very easy for him - but doing homework is only about getting it done - not doing it well. Just like your daughter I take electronics away and he just reads. And reads and reads. Loves to read. I try taking the books away but that makes things worse. I am hoping and praying that he will settle down - I did tell him no drama club if his assignments don't get completed and that seemed to hit the mark - but we'll see - I am also working very hard to step back - that is also mostly unsuccessful. Ironically - last night I got a call from the Orthodontist because Zach won this drawing they had over the holidays with bringing in canned goods for the food pantry and then being entered for a mini ipad. He won. Unbelievable. He wanted to tell Zach directly - but Zach was at weights - so we will drop by the office Wednesday morning before they start seeing patients so he can 'surprise' him. Maybe that will motivate him. Because he ain't getting it until I am happy.

I'm glad they drove you to work Amy - driving in a blizzard is scary.
  • AmyZ46
    Options
    Good morning ,

So I went to lunch ( with an escort) and the weather was still bad and I had to stay at camp until 5 pm . I took a nap ! it was amazing . The weather cleared at 5 pm so I returned to work until 8 pm . I loved my nap .

The weather is still crisp lol but so clear .

Marla , I can't believe Zach won ! I hope he loves it .
    Oh and Eiko was my last child so I think the fight was gone out of me by the time she came along because I never would have allowed the boys to drop out . I can't understand how I was such a different parent for her?

have a great day everyone .
  • jrbanta
    Options
    Hi just checking in. At work so can't write much. Temps are dropping but we had a good run of warm temps while it lasted. Love the dry roads. Sorry for you scary experience Amy!

We are taking the kids out to dinner tonight to celebrate David's 27th birthday. He leaves Friday morning for Maine so we have to squeeze it in. No long visit this time either.

More tomorrow or tonight if time.

Hope you are all doing well.

Jennyt
  • mizpaden74
    Options
    it's 60 degrees today! Will be cooler going forward - but still 60! are you snowed in Amy, Ang, Shirley?

Another sad ball loss last night. Double elim tourney this weekend - so prolly three losses - un-fun

My dad's bday today - 72 - crazy!

Have been relocated back into 'bowels' of the buildings division sitting at a table in a meeting room - by myself - as our area is getting ready for the new carpet - sales ripped down more of the wall than I thought they were going to reallocate more space - for themselves - azzholes - I'm lonely back here!
  • angf0679
    Options
    Lots of snow fell yesterday. We got about 6 inches. Biggest snowfall this winter! There is more on the way for Friday night and possibly another big storm Monday. This is a Nova Scotia though. It can change 10 times before the day actually gets here!

My boss was delayed getting back from his vacation because of the storm. He's due in tonight and will be back in the office tomorrow. Tomorrow will be some long serious discussions a
  • angf0679
    Options
    And I'm starting to get nervous.

( on phone. It cut off the last part of my sentence when it posted )