What was your fasting BG today?

Options

Replies

• phxteach
    phxteach Posts: 309 Member
    Options
    110 is much better than yesterday's number ...the result of a cookie attack.
  • RainaProske
    RainaProske Posts: 636 Member
    Options
    Waaaallll, I did a stupid thing. I broke my little rule and wrote down that I took my insulin before I did it but didn't take it. I also woke in the night, very hungry, and ate. When I woke this morning and realized I didn't really take my insulin, my number was 352, not fasting. Now, it is down to 142, not fasting. I need to get myself into a routine that works.
  • leanmachine514
    leanmachine514 Posts: 633 Member
    Options
    Today was 110
  • KenSmith108
    KenSmith108 Posts: 1,966 Member
    Options
    103 :)
  • judyvalentine512
    judyvalentine512 Posts: 927 Member
    Options
    13.1 (235.8). Time to get serious again.
  • Amazon_Who
    Amazon_Who Posts: 1,092 Member
    Options
  • JaneKnoll1
    JaneKnoll1 Posts: 406 Member
    Options
    5.0 (90)
  • RainaProske
    Options
  • KenSmith108
    Options
    92 :)
  • judyvalentine512
    Options
    10.6 (190.8)
    Well, I honestly expected to be in a diabetic coma this morning.
    Here's a question for all of you. If you bought 'woe is me' junk food, and still had some left the next day, but felt better about things, would you throw out the junk even though it's money down the drain? I will be throwing the crap out once and for all.
  • shinycrazy
    shinycrazy Posts: 1,081 Member
    Options
  • shinycrazy
    shinycrazy Posts: 1,081 Member
    Options
    10.6 (190.8)
    Here's a question for all of you. If you bought 'woe is me' junk food, and still had some left the next day, but felt better about things, would you throw out the junk even though it's money down the drain? I will be throwing the crap out once and for all.

It would really be hard, but I think I've done it in the past. Sometimes, I just take it to work and leave it in the break room. I take the wallet hit as part of my penance for making a poor choice foodwise. Maybe save a reasonable portion of the junk food, like a serving or 2 that you can put in an individual baggy and can fit into your day at some other date. That way you aren't wasting it as much and you aren't depriving yourself. Take care!
  • judyvalentine512
    Options
    shinycrazy wrote: »
    10.6 (190.8)

It would really be hard, but I think I've done it in the past. Sometimes, I just take it to work and leave it in the break room. I take the wallet hit as part of my penance for making a poor choice foodwise. Maybe save a reasonable portion of the junk food, like a serving or 2 that you can put in an individual baggy and can fit into your day at some other date. That way you aren't wasting it as much and you aren't depriving yourself. Take care!

I did exactly what you suggested. I don't work, so I can't pawn it off there. I've put the leftover junk in the freezer for another day, or guests. I've made sugar free jell-o, have apple sauce and chicken broth. That should head any pain off at the pass.
  • RainaProske
    Options
    10.6 (190.8)
    I think I would think if through. I was reared in a very poor family with very little decent food to eat, so it is hard for me to just toss food out. However, if I bought a Suzy-Q (I could wish!), sugar-pop, and chocolate-covered almonds and had left overs, for example, I'd cry over the Suzy-Q, take a bite, then throw the rest out; pour the pop down the drain; and redistribute the chocolate-covered almonds over the next few days. Why? The Suzy-Q and pop are complete decadence, but I loved Suzy-Qs. The chocolate-covered almonds have saving grace in the almonds.
  • KenSmith108
    Options
    97 :)
  • judyvalentine512
    Options
    15 (270)
  • Amazon_Who
    Amazon_Who Posts: 1,092 Member
    Options
    95 :)