What was your fasting BG today?

Options

Replies

• judyvalentine512
    judyvalentine512 Posts: 927 Member
    Options
    ConleighS wrote: »

You're really experiencing some low numbers. I hope you get things sorted out soon.

7.4(133) Any time I'm below 10 in the morning is a good day for me. My Endo says I'm doing fine, and I shouldn't expect 5's and 6's because of my pancreas.
    Anything below 5(90) and I'm quite shakey. Even a few times this week, when I was closer to 100 I was shakey and headachey.
    Oh the joys of diabetes.
    Have a good day everyone.
  • MrsSpitser
    MrsSpitser Posts: 35 Member
    Options
    153. Day two on insulin. First I've seen a number below 200 in quite a while.
  • BarneyRubbleMD
    BarneyRubbleMD Posts: 1,092 Member
    Options
  • RalfLott
    RalfLott Posts: 5,036 Member
    Options

I hope once you get your high end under control (it will happen! <3 ), the lows will follow a much smaller drop and the symptoms will begin to evaporate.
  • ConleighS
    ConleighS Posts: 1,058 Member
    Options
    My number this morning was 154. Up to 159 before breakfast. I'm all over the place. I have my first follow up on Tuesday.
  • ConleighS
    Options

You're really experiencing some low numbers. I hope you get things sorted out soon.

7.4(133) Any time I'm below 10 in the morning is a good day for me. My Endo says I'm doing fine, and I shouldn't expect 5's and 6's because of my pancreas.
    Anything below 5(90) and I'm quite shakey. Even a few times this week, when I was closer to 100 I was shakey and headachey.
    Oh the joys of diabetes.

My GI doesn't want me below 100. I'm hoping to get somewhat stable soon.
  • RalfLott
    edited May 2017
    Options

Oh the joys of diabetes.

Stable is good, for sure. But since 100+ BG already elevates your risk for CVD, Alzheimer’s, and other life-wreckers, I'd want to hear really good reasons before I'd accept this advice. Does your endo agree?
  • BarneyRubbleMD
    Options
    86 today.
  • KenSmith108
    KenSmith108 Posts: 1,966 Member
    Options
    179 :/ We had Chinese food last night. Good thing I didn't finish mine.
  • judyvalentine512
    Options
    RalfLott wrote: »

Oh the joys of diabetes.

Stable is good, for sure. But since 100+ BG already elevates your risk for CVD, Alzheimer’s, and other life-wreckers, I'd want to hear really good reasons before I'd accept this advice. Does your endo agree?

Like me, ConleighS has other health issues with her pancreas. Lower than 100 can cause more problems than being in the 100 to 110 range for us.
  • judyvalentine512
    Options
    6.8 (123). Good range for me.
  • ConleighS
    Options
    167. I was at 76 before bed and was afraid to take the Levemir last night
  • ConleighS
    Options

Oh the joys of diabetes.

He acknowledge but didn't really say. Maybe waiting for follow up?
  • ateleso83
    ateleso83 Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    84 even after a late dinner and not much water...
  • leanmachine514
    leanmachine514 Posts: 633 Member
    Options
    Good day all. Today was 117. I've been trying to lower carbs & my numbers seem to be going up over previous weeks...wait & see what happens in a few weeks.
  • RalfLott
    Options

Oh the joys of diabetes.

He acknowledge but didn't really say. Maybe waiting for follow up?

Could be - hope you get some good feedback and guidance when you go back! <3
  • KenSmith108
    KenSmith108 Posts: 1,966 Member
    Options
    176 :s
  • jvcjim
    jvcjim Posts: 812 Member
    Options
    123 (6.83)
  • BarneyRubbleMD
    Options
  • ConleighS