Welcome!

Options

Replies

• Aine8046
    Aine8046 Posts: 2,122 Member
    edited October 2014
    Options

I reached the halfway point today - level 2, day 5.
    Me too! Did Day 5 of Level 2 today :)
    It's getting easier, maybe because I slept in today and did it after good rest, not half-way asleep at 6am?
    53751008.png
  • Aine8046
    edited October 2014
    Options
    So I have a previous neck/shoulder injury (whiplash from car accident years ago) and it seems level two is really messing with it. I don't know if it is all the upper body/plank work or I am doing my ab work wrong. I am trying to follow Jillian's advice regarding not engaging the neck when doing crunches, but finding it hard not to.

Anybody have any advice?

Also this morning it felt kind of tough on my knees. It was day 6 on level 2.
    I have no advice on the neck, but on the knees she said to be careful with all the squats...
    53751008.png
  • Sammie51013
    Sammie51013 Posts: 45 Member
    Options
    I didn't go as far down with the lunges this time, felt better on my knees. I did day 7 of level 2 and I still have sweat flying off my face by the end! I guess I needed this workout lol

I bet it is easier for you because 1. you are getting stronger and 2. 6 am workouts suck! haha
  • Aine8046
    Options
    I didn't go as far down with the lunges this time, felt better on my knees.
    Lunges, not squats! You are absolutely right - she said do not go too deep...
    I am glad you are feeling better.
    Did Day 6 Level 2 today. Four more days before moving to Level 3!

• danirosevoelkel
    danirosevoelkel Posts: 511 Member
    Options
    Dang guys, you're all tearing it up in here! Great job!

I made it to the gym Saturday and was a little less apprehensive about being there. I found what I believe is the female Olympic barbell (35lbs instead of 45lbs) and used that. It was still rough, and I'm sore EVERYWHERE, but it felt good to lift.

Keep at it guys :)
  • Sammie51013
    Options
    Wow, that's awesome! Good for you getting back into the gym and hitting the ground running!
  • Aine8046
    Options
    Day 7 is done!
  • danirosevoelkel
    Options
    Wow, that's awesome! Good for you getting back into the gym and hitting the ground running!

Thanks! I'm excited to go tonight, still sore, but upping my protein and trying to remember that the best way to get through this is straight ahead. I was told several times that I'm going to be sore as heck the first month and I have to just keep moving. Those squats are murderous lol.
  • danirosevoelkel
    Options
    Aine8046 wrote: »
    Day 7 is done!

NICE!!! Keep going!

You guys are amazing. I know a lot of people don't give enough credit to the shred, but I've been there and I KNOW how brutal each day is. You're all so inspiring!
  • Aine8046
    edited October 2014
    Options
    Day 7 is done!

NICE!!! Keep going!

You guys are amazing. I know a lot of people don't give enough credit to the shred, but I've been there and I KNOW how brutal each day is. You're all so inspiring!

Thanks! Day 8 is done! I had a great 40 min run tonight and a nice energetic Shred workout afterwards!
  • danirosevoelkel
    Options
    Day 7 is done!

NICE!!! Keep going!

Thanks! Day 8 is done! I had a great 40 min run tonight and a nice energetic Shred workout afterwards!

I really love workouts after a good run. I remember when I used to do way too many burpees a day, I would run and then come home and pound them out in about 20 mins or so. Felt amazing. Almost to level 3 my friend! How are you feeling, clothes fitting looser yet?

I finished my first week of stronglifts 5x5 last night and it's amazing when you can physically feel that you are stronger than you were on that first day. I also squatted the 35lb barbell, which I was totally giddy about haha. Today is my rest day, well exercise wise anyways... we have church, science fair data sheets, pumpkin carving.. etc.. rest day for real? yeah right! hahah.

Have a great day y'all!
  • Aine8046
    edited October 2014
    Options
    Day 7 is done!

NICE!!! Keep going!

I really love workouts after a good run. I remember when I used to do way too many burpees a day, I would run and then come home and pound them out in about 20 mins or so. Felt amazing. Almost to level 3 my friend! How are you feeling, clothes fitting looser yet?

I finished my first week of stronglifts 5x5 last night and it's amazing when you can physically feel that you are stronger than you were on that first day. I also squatted the 35lb barbell, which I was totally giddy about haha. Today is my rest day, well exercise wise anyways... we have church, science fair data sheets, pumpkin carving.. etc.. rest day for real? yeah right! hahah.

Have a great day y'all!

Yes, Level 3 is close, one more day of Level 2 tomorrow :) I do not see much difference in the mirror and I did not loose much weight (maybe 3 lbs since I started), but pants are definitely getting loose... :)
  • Sammie51013
    Options
    I was bad this week, was so busy with work and appointments and only got to Level 2 Day 8 last night, but that's ok. Now I can keep going! It is hard taking two days off though!

Great work everybody, hope you are all doing well and pushing through!
  • danirosevoelkel
    Options
    Aine are you taking measurements? If you're pants are getting lose, I bet you're loosing inches. Congrats on your last day of Plank H3ll lol.

Sammie, we all have those days and I'm glad you're not beating yourself up over it because you've been doing great!

I'm either going to go to the gym tonight, which I hope to go but it will be late, or Saturday. However I can only lift twice this week as I'm running a Spartan Race on Sunday and I'm sure that I won't feel like going to gym after that haha.

Have a good day guys! Doing great!
  • Peta314
    Peta314 Posts: 40 Member
    Options
    Hi everyone!! Congratulations on keeping up the shred!! My scale finally moved, so I'm glad that I kept on going thanks to all your comments and motivation! Thank you so much!

I'm in day 4 of level 3. Anyone in level 3 yet? I'm having problems with the last circuit strength. I don't remember how jillian names the move, but it is the one with the weight lift followed by leg extension. I'm hurting my hand while holding the wights the way she does... anyone with this problem?
  • Aine8046
    edited October 2014
    Options
    Peta314 wrote: »
    Hi everyone!! Congratulations on keeping up the shred!! My scale finally moved, so I'm glad that I kept on going thanks to all your comments and motivation! Thank you so much!

I'm in day 4 of level 3. Anyone in level 3 yet? I'm having problems with the last circuit strength. I don't remember how jillian names the move, but it is the one with the weight lift followed by leg extension. I'm hurting my hand while holding the wights the way she does... anyone with this problem?

I was supposed to do the last day of level 2 today and move to level 3 tomorrow, but I have a very bad day today, heavy dinner with wine, and skipped the workout for the first time. I hope I'll answer you this weekend!
  • Peta314
    Options
    I was supposed to do the last day of level 2 today and move to level 3 tomorrow, but I have a very bad day today, heavy dinner with wine, and skipped the workout for the first time. I hope I'll answer you this weekend!

I'll be waiting!! I don't know if it is due to the model of the weights, or maybe I'm doing the movement the wrong way. I believe they are "kind of" supporting part of their body with the dumbbells, but I don't see how they are not hurting their knuckles. It might just be that their dumbbells are bigger and allow their hands to pass through without touching the ground.

Let me know, and good luck with level 3! Thank you!
  • danirosevoelkel
    Options
    Hey guys! Happy Halloween! I'm a Spartan Racer haha.

10h3tdz.jpg

Just wanted to drop in and say to keep going! Don't fall victim to the candy and sweets, and push forward in your workouts. You guys are amazing!
  • Peta314
    Options
    Happy Halloween to you too! I'm organising my birthday party today (although it was on the 29th), and of course it is a halloween themed party! hahaha but I'm keeping it light, with vegetables and low calorie cake. No sweets... but lots of horror movies!

Enjoy the weekend and keep the shred going!
  • danirosevoelkel
    Options
    Peta314 wrote: »
    Happy Halloween to you too! I'm organising my birthday party today (although it was on the 29th), and of course it is a halloween themed party! hahaha but I'm keeping it light, with vegetables and low calorie cake. No sweets... but lots of horror movies!

Enjoy the weekend and keep the shred going!

Nice! Happy Birthday! I heard "ghostbusters" on the radio this Am and I was like "oh yeah, it's gonna be a fanfreakingtastic day" whoa!