Welcome!

Options

Replies

• Sammie51013
    Sammie51013 Posts: 45 Member
    Options
    Aine, I was getting bored too towards the end of level 1. Level 2 is hard but it is a nice change of pace and style! I felt prepared for it after 10 days of 1, but still feel very challenged by it too.
  • Aine8046
    Aine8046 Posts: 2,122 Member
    Options
    Aine, I was getting bored too towards the end of level 1. Level 2 is hard but it is a nice change of pace and style! I felt prepared for it after 10 days of 1, but still feel very challenged by it too.
    Thanks! I did Day 9 today.
    I am going to have a very long and tiring Tuesday and Wednesday (literally from 7am till 10 pm), so I do not think it's a good idea to start new level on Tuesday.

• missy5290
    missy5290 Posts: 68 Member
    Options
    Missy, that's awesome that you can fit it in even with all of your other obligations! It's so hard to motivate when you aren't done until that late. How do you like jazzercise?

I love it! I definitely recommend a class if you have the time for it. I'm usually the youngest one in there, but I always have a blast. Before college, dance was a big part of my life so I'm glad I get to dance and burn calories at the same time. I'm thinking of becoming an instructor. I've had 4 approach me this year telling me that I should go to the training sessions. I was a zumba instructor so I don't think it'll be that different.....just a lot more expensive. :neutral_face:
  • Aine8046
    Options
    Day 10 is done. I hate 6 am workouts - I am still half asleep and barely move... :\
  • danirosevoelkel
    danirosevoelkel Posts: 511 Member
    Options
    Level 2, look at y'all go! Woot! Planks are never fun lol. I got a practice bar for lifting weights and think I'm doing pretty well. It's a little heavy, but I mostly got it to get the form down first, but I was still sweaty by the time I was done lol. I guess I need to grab that gym membership now
  • missy5290
    Options
    Level 2, look at y'all go! Woot! Planks are never fun lol. I got a practice bar for lifting weights and think I'm doing pretty well. It's a little heavy, but I mostly got it to get the form down first, but I was still sweaty by the time I was done lol. I guess I need to grab that gym membership now

Where'd you get your bar from? If you don't mind me asking. I'm slowly trying to build a home gym.
  • danirosevoelkel
    Options
    missy5290 wrote: »

Where'd you get your bar from? If you don't mind me asking. I'm slowly trying to build a home gym.

My husband works at farm supply store and so he grabbed the fence posting, cut it to size and brought it home. It's light, maybe 6 lbs, but perfect for getting the form correct :) I heard they sell barbells at walmart though
  • Sammie51013
    Options
    My husband got a bar from a tag sale, you never know where you'll find one!

Missy - that's awesome if you become an instructor! A great incentive to workout - money lol it sounds fun too!

Aine - I used to try 6 am workouts but just struggled through so badly. I give you so much credit for doing it.

Mrmrsvoelkel - nice with starting your lifting! I don't know a lot but heard form is so important. Our barbell is actually pretty heavy on its own without weights too lol so I'm sure you are getting a workout.

Level 2, Day 3 down ... It's EXHAUSTING! So much plank pose is tough on my arms! But I think I enjoy it more than level 1.
  • danirosevoelkel
    Options
    Holy mother of ... my thighs hurt! Yeah I've definitely got the right form now! I'm joining the gym today! I'm so nervous. Guess it's time to stop playing and start lifting!

So proud of you for getting down on Level 2, cause i know that one was brutal, but yes, it was fun too. If i recall correctly, I think level 3 was the easiest. But that could also be because of your body being so much stronger than that first day. Keep going!

• missy5290
    Options
    Aine8046 wrote: »
    Day 10 is done. I hate 6 am workouts - I am still half asleep and barely move... :\

That's awesome. I'm actually looking forward to moving on. I'll feel accomplished.
  • Aine8046
    Options

That's awesome. I'm actually looking forward to moving on. I'll feel accomplished.

Thanks!
    ps It says in your profile that you are a grad student - may I ask what's your major?
  • missy5290
    Options

Thanks!
    ps It says in your profile that you are a grad student - may I ask what's your major?

I'm getting my masters in clinical mental health counseling. I need to update it. I wrote it about 2 yrs ago.
  • Sammie51013
    Options
    Missy - just finished my masters in marriage and family therapy this past may! Glad you are joining the field too :smile:
  • Aine8046
    Options

Thanks!

I'm getting my masters in clinical mental health counseling. I need to update it. I wrote it about 2 yrs ago.
    This is very cool!

• Aine8046
    Options
    Missy - just finished my masters in marriage and family therapy this past may! Glad you are joining the field too :smile:
    Wow - we have quite a group here! ;)

• Aine8046
    Options
    Well, despite being tired and hungry, I decided to try Level 2, just finished 15 minutes ago :)
    It was hard, and I did not follow the "advanced" girl most of the time, so I feel like I "cheated" half of the workout. Planks all the way through - I am sure I'll be sore tomorrow :)
  • Aine8046
    Options
    Well, despite being tired and hungry, I decided to try Level 2, just finished 15 minutes ago :)
    It was hard, and I did not follow the "advanced" girl most of the time, so I feel like I "cheated" half of the workout. Planks all the way through - I am sure I'll be sore tomorrow :)
    Well, it's not as bad as Level 1 was. I am sore, but not as much. Did Day 2 this morning :)
  • danirosevoelkel
    Options
    Great job guys! So there is now 2 in level 2? that right? I forgot how long the planks are, but planking all the way through is amazing!!

I got my gym membership yesterday and I'm getting under the barbell tonight. Whew... nervous
  • Aine8046
    Options
    Great job guys! So there is now 2 in level 2? that right? I forgot how long the planks are, but planking all the way through is amazing!!

I got my gym membership yesterday and I'm getting under the barbell tonight. Whew... nervous
    I am sure you'll do great. Have fun!
  • Sammie51013
    Options
    The planks are killer!!!! Took a day off yesterday ... that time of the month and my arms were sore ... back at it after work today!

Great job, everybody!