Introduce Yourself.

Options
A place for new members to share any information they want and if they are looking for new mfp friends.

Replies

• Samaira_Delise
    Samaira_Delise Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    My name is Sam. Happy to join.
  • coozine
    coozine Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    My name is Connie. I have 29 lbs to lose. Hopefully, I will not take the entire challenge to lose this weight.
  • slim440
    slim440 Posts: 1
    Options
    Hi, I'm Sarah, I have 142lbs to lose, I have lost 8 already. I look forward to being on this journey with all of you.... See less of you next time :-P
  • NewGirlElizabeth
    NewGirlElizabeth Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Hi

My names Elizabeth. I have 35lbs to lose. I got a jawbone up today. I like it so far. If you would like to add me on MFP my name is NewGirlElizabeth. Let me know your jawbone up account & I can add you.

Iv struggled with my weight all my life. I now need to lose this extra weight for health reasons.

Hope to hear from some of you soon. x
  • alf35087
    alf35087 Posts: 7
    Options
    I'm Alan. I have a total of 120 pounds to lose. My goal for this challenge is 80.
  • rainbowlove03
    Options
    Hi, my name is Mel. I have lost 8 lbs already, but I have an extra 80 lbs. to lose.
  • futrformrfatty
    futrformrfatty Posts: 38 Member
    Options
    Hey all! My name is Sarah and I would like to lose about 70 lbs! I'm getting married next summer and I would love to get to goal by Christmas! I refuse to even go dress shopping until I lose at least 1/2.
  • sophiegrace543
    sophiegrace543 Posts: 143 Member
    Options
    Hey, I'm Sophie!
    I started losing weight last March at 191lbs and I got down to 172lbs last July. Since then I've been up and down (last Christmas-time really set me back especially), getting back down to my lowest, 170, this April. I'm now back to 182lbs (as of last Monday - hopefully I've lost a bit this week) but I'm motivated properly again.
    My goal weight is anything between 120-130 but it depends how I feel. Right now even just being 135 would be amazing!
  • WalkingAway2013
    Options
    I'm Sherry and glad people actually joined the group :)
    Was slightly worried nobody would when I made it :blushing:
  • lindz221
    lindz221 Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    Hi! My name's Lindsay and I'm excited to be a part of this group! My goal is to lose 78 more pounds. I've lost almost 10 already! I'm excited about challenges, and if anyone wants to add me, feel free!!
  • demarii06
    demarii06 Posts: 340 Member
    Options
    Hi :) my name is LaNise and I'm aiming for 70lbs by Christmas. Feel free to add me!
  • sonnysher
    sonnysher Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Interesting challenge, one that will encourage me to plan beyond my usual summer fitness goals. Looking forward to encouraging others and being encouraged. Cheers, S.
  • brequie
    brequie Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Hi!!
    My name is Brenda, So happy to join, and be challenged!!!
  • lisakay58
    lisakay58 Posts: 36 Member
    Options
    Hi,

My name is Lisa, glad to be here! Looking forward to this group, the challenges and meeting friends!
  • auteurfille22
    auteurfille22 Posts: 251 Member
    Options
    Hi everyone! My name is Priyanka. I weigh 145 pounds right now (or at least as of my last weigh-in, next one is tomorrow..eek!) and I'm looking to be 125. I started out at 159 on February 9, 2013, and I'm really happy with my progress so far. Originally I had hoped to be farther along now than I am, but now that I see the changes in my body and I have a better understanding of how fast my weight loss should be coming, I feel pretty good. I'm not perfect and I often eat things I shouldn't, but I try really hard to be under my calorie goal. I'm hoping being part of this group will help me to reach my goal and also begin maintaining by Christmas of this year. The thought of having pictures taken of me on Christmas morning and not having to worry about looking enormous next to my healthy and thin brother is really exciting and I can't wait.

Oh, but I have a question/concern - I'm going to be without internet access from about July 13 - August 21. So I won't be able to partake in the group at all, not even through my phone. I won't be able to log either (that's the truly terrifying thing for me, honestly). Is this okay or is there going to be a rule about how long a member can be inactive in the group and still remain a member? I understand if whoever is running this expects active members and if this isn't okay, but I'd like to know ahead of time. :)
  • summercake
    summercake Posts: 19
    Options
    Hi
    my name is Nora and im happy to join
  • Martha429
    Martha429 Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    My name is Martha and I have about 20-30 lbs I need to lose think this is a great challenge as it will be a reminder to get moving everyday.
  • WalkingAway2013
    Options
    Hi everyone! My name is Priyanka. I weigh 145 pounds right now (or at least as of my last weigh-in, next one is tomorrow..eek!) and I'm looking to be 125. I started out at 159 on February 9, 2013, and I'm really happy with my progress so far. Originally I had hoped to be farther along now than I am, but now that I see the changes in my body and I have a better understanding of how fast my weight loss should be coming, I feel pretty good. I'm not perfect and I often eat things I shouldn't, but I try really hard to be under my calorie goal. I'm hoping being part of this group will help me to reach my goal and also begin maintaining by Christmas of this year. The thought of having pictures taken of me on Christmas morning and not having to worry about looking enormous next to my healthy and thin brother is really exciting and I can't wait.

Oh, but I have a question/concern - I'm going to be without internet access from about July 13 - August 21. So I won't be able to partake in the group at all, not even through my phone. I won't be able to log either (that's the truly terrifying thing for me, honestly). Is this okay or is there going to be a rule about how long a member can be inactive in the group and still remain a member? I understand if whoever is running this expects active members and if this isn't okay, but I'd like to know ahead of time. :)

Not being able to check in all the time is fine, Life happens so sometimes people won't be able to log in and as its until Christmas you can just jump back into the group when you get back online :smile:
  • auteurfille22
    auteurfille22 Posts: 251 Member
    Options

Not being able to check in all the time is fine, Life happens so sometimes people won't be able to log in and as its until Christmas you can just jump back into the group when you get back online :smile:

Awesome, thank you!
  • ktsmom430
    ktsmom430 Posts: 1,100 Member
    Options
    Hi everyone!
    My name is Connie. I signed up on MFP in February 2012, but procrastinated until March 12, 2012 when I dug in and have stuck to it ever since.
    I need to be at my goal by early December, so I am eager to join this group. I don't have much left to lose but am finding the last 15 or so pounds a lot tougher to lose. I have a health assessment in December for our health insurance premiums at work. I am 3 pounds away from my initial goal, but would like to lose about 15 more.