Team Carol

Bmercy21
Bmercy21 Posts: 88 Member
Being part of team Daryl part of my challenge is to get to know some team carol members! So I figured instead of individually finding some thought I'd introduce myself this way. I am a huge Walking Dead Fan and I am so excited for this challenge! Please feel free to friend me I am always looking for support and love to cheer people on! Good luck and way to kick but last night!!!!

Replies

• FromFlabToFurious
    FromFlabToFurious Posts: 355 Member
    Hey, Team Daryl here. Thank you guys for returning our crossbow and the hugs. I wished you got Michonne's sword too but I'm grateful. I'm Dazz, 24 and I adore The Walking Dead. I have my own fitness blog (www.theflabdominaldiaries.wordpress.com) and I am trying to lose weight at the moment. WOO! GO TEAM!
  • hajenkatt
    hajenkatt Posts: 331 Member
    Hi Teams Daryls! I'm Michelle, and this is my second time on Team Carol. Glad we could help you out this episode! It's nice to be back with the group! :)
  • strive4more11
    strive4more11 Posts: 213 Member
    Woohoo! My name is Lara, Team Carol. Great to meet you guys and good luck during the challenge!
  • tinkermommc
    tinkermommc Posts: 558 Member
    Hi Daryls! I'm Maria and another returning Carol! We like to help everyone, even if it means killing a couple people ;)
  • KristyMayhem331
    KristyMayhem331 Posts: 189 Member
    Hey Team Carol! Kristy from Beginners Team Daryl here! Anyone want to hug in woods? Thanks for being bad *kitten* this week and saving us from being dinner! Much love! XO
  • Jennwa
    Jennwa Posts: 107 Member
    Hello Team Carol!!! My name is Jenn and I'm from the Intermediate Team Daryl here. Thanks for the help this week :wink: Glad to have you back in the group! :)
  • MsTiffamee
    MsTiffamee Posts: 137 Member
    I'm Tiffany from Team Daryl - Beginners! Thanks to all the Carol's for saving everyone! We were seriously (literally) on the chopping block this week!

Now as Kristy said......Let's hug it out in the woods.....shed a few tears......anyone???? :)
  • teresastr51
    teresastr51 Posts: 16 Member
    I'm Teresa and I am Team Carol!! Woohoo, so glad I picked her. I was totally exicted to see everything she did during the episode. Glad to save the day!!
  • SaraAlexandre
    SaraAlexandre Posts: 1,313 Member
    I'm tempted to just write here only with my fellow Carols from last season. All I can say is...girls...we rocked it again and it feels sooooo good. Last season we didn't even know if we were alive or showing up. This season seemed like it gave us a reward. Anyway, I was the captain last season for Carol and we had the bestest team ever. Hope you Carols new and old are having a great challenge so far. Don't forget to indulge a bit. I remember you Daz, you Michone again? Keep up the good fight everyone.
  • HarlowS
    HarlowS Posts: 264 Member
    Team Carol here! She rocked it Sunday night!
  • larsensue
    larsensue Posts: 461 Member
    Totaly KICKED *kitten*!!! LOVE CAROL! We rock!!
  • sawjan
    sawjan Posts: 161 Member
    I am Janice, returning Team Carol member!!! We rocked it out in this episode. So happy that Carol and Daryl are back together (ooh la la). Now we have to find Beth.
  • MsTiffamee
    I'm kind of confused....Daryl and Beth or Daryl and Carol. I felt like something was brewing with Beth last season, but then there is definitely something there with Carol. Is it a sisterly love or......what do you guys think? I would be happy either way. Daryl needs some love! :)
  • strive4more11
    In my mind, it definitely needs to be Daryl and Carol... Beth is too young. But that could just be my perception of how old they are supposed to be.
  • tinkermommc
    Carol and Daryl. Beth and Daryl is more of a big brother/little sister thing.
  • MsTiffamee
    I know Beth is young, but I wasn't sure how old Daryl actually is.
  • tinkermommc
    edited October 2014
    MsTiffamee wrote: »

She was 16 at the farm house. How much time has passed since then? No idea on Daryl either.
  • KameHameHaaaa
    KameHameHaaaa Posts: 837 Member

She was 16 at the farm house. How much time has passed since then? No idea on Daryl either.

I'm just gonna assume Daryl is around the same age as the actor (Norman Reedus)....which would be 45 xD

• Cindyinpg
    Cindyinpg Posts: 3,902 Member

I'm just gonna assume Daryl is around the same age as the actor (Norman Reedus)....which would be 45 xD
    Yeah, I think he's supposed to be in his mid forties, maybe late thirties. In any case, on the show Daryl is old enough to be Beth's father. In real life she's in her late twenties.... but on the show she can't even be twenty. I think he and Beth together would just seem awkward to a lot of viewers. Social mores are going to go out the window in the apocalypse... Shane and Lori and so on... but Daryl... to me, he's above that sort of tawdriness... lol.
  • strive4more11
    Plus watching last season, it seemed like Beth was more interested in the romantic aspect than Daryl. To me that kind of makes sense since she is so young and could possibly see him in the 'hero' role. I totally agree that in the apocalypse, morals are pretty much shot but its still weird to watch.
  • jamielynnmobile
    jamielynnmobile Posts: 68 Member
    edited October 2014

OooOooh I don't know, I actually see it the other way 'round. Carol & Daryl have similar backgrounds (abusive family members), whereas Beth is the opposite--she came from a loving family and is open about her feelings. I think this appeals to Daryl; I feel like he would be more intrigued by Beth than Carol. Carol is a kindred spirit; she feels more like family to him. Carol has been through so much--losing her daughter (and her crapbag husband, but who cares?), killing the two sick people at the prison, Rick excommunicating her, having to kill Lizzie--and Daryl can relate. But Beth, she could symbolize a fresh start for Daryl. <3

P.S. Sorry for lurking in your thread Team Carol. I had to defend my gurl Beth! Team Beth FTW!
  • MsTiffamee

OooOooh I don't know, I actually see it the other way 'round. Carol & Daryl have similar backgrounds (abusive family members), whereas Beth is the opposite--she came from a loving family and is open about her feelings. I think this appeals to Daryl; I feel like he would be more intrigued by Beth than Carol. Carol is a kindred spirit; she feels more like family to him. Carol has been through so much--losing her daughter (and her crapbag husband, but who cares?), killing the two sick people at the prison, Rick excommunicating her, having to kill Lizzie--and Daryl can relate. But Beth, she could symbolize a fresh start for Daryl. <3

P.S. Sorry for lurking in your thread Team Carol. I had to defend my gurl Beth! Team Beth FTW!

I'm glad I'm not the only one that sees it this way. Lol. I feel like they were about to kiss last season right before everything went down. I know she is young and he is "too old" for her, but I think Beth has grown since the farmhouse and is much more mature than her actual age. I think Daryl feels underserving of someone so young and beautiful, and innocent (innocent to him in regards to his rough upbringing and her loving upbringing). I just think it will happen. I think Daryl loves Carol, but not in that way. Of course, I married a man several years older than me, so my opinion here is the cliché age is just a number! Lol.

Regardless of what happens, I will be happy. I don't think he could go wrong with either choice and I wouldn't be disappointed either way! Daryl needs someone!

• strive4more11

I'm glad I'm not the only one that sees it this way. Lol. I feel like they were about to kiss last season right before everything went down. I know she is young and he is "too old" for her, but I think Beth has grown since the farmhouse and is much more mature than her actual age. I think Daryl feels underserving of someone so young and beautiful, and innocent (innocent to him in regards to his rough upbringing and her loving upbringing). I just think it will happen. I think Daryl loves Carol, but not in that way. Of course, I married a man several years older than me, so my opinion here is the cliché age is just a number! Lol.

Regardless of what happens, I will be happy. I don't think he could go wrong with either choice and I wouldn't be disappointed either way! Daryl needs someone!

I never really thought of it that way, interesting perspective! Everybody deserves love, even in the apocalypse, so I would be happy either way too.
  • jamielynnmobile
    jamielynnmobile Posts: 68 Member

I think Daryl feels underserving of someone so young and beautiful, and innocent (innocent to him in regards to his rough upbringing and her loving upbringing).

Yessssss good insight!
  • tinkermommc
    No need to defend her. I love Beth, I can't wait to see her join the girls in some asskicking! She's been a ray of light, I just want to see her with someone...Happier :)
  • Jennwa
    Jennwa Posts: 107 Member

I never really thought of it that way, interesting perspective! Everybody deserves love, even in the apocalypse, so I would be happy either way too.

I agree with this too :)

• teresastr51
    teresastr51 Posts: 16 Member
    I, too, would like to see Darryl with Beth over Carol. I felt like Darryl and Carol's embrace in the last episode looked more like a friend/support hug. I would even say that despite the ages not working, Darryl's stance in the hug was like a kid who has been traumatized hugging his mom.
  • MsTiffamee
    I, too, would like to see Darryl with Beth over Carol. I felt like Darryl and Carol's embrace in the last episode looked more like a friend/support hug. I would even say that despite the ages not working, Darryl's stance in the hug was like a kid who has been traumatized hugging his mom.

I agree. That's what that hug looked like to me too. Also, the way she touched his check was definitely a "mom" thing..one of those times when momma looks at you and with a touch of her hand and the look in her eyes she lets you know everything is going to be ok! Lol. That was the vibe I got anyway....

Wow. I'm analyzing looks and touches now....I'm way to into this show! LMBO

• Zombieinkpot
    Zombieinkpot Posts: 745 Member
    Hey Carols. Lots of big Daryl hugs for you all. Carol was totally epic this week! You Carols rock!
  • tj1376
    tj1376 Posts: 1,402 Member
    Congrats to all the Carols that survived the first week - I know we can all make it to the end!!!