Team Beth

Options
Hi Team Beth!

Have you done the first weeks workout video? I did 2/3rds of it this morning (had to stop and get ready for work!) MAN, that 2/3rds WAS a workout! I must be out of shape or something, because I was sweating, and grunting, and barely breathing, haha! I have only been doing walks/jogs with my dog for the last few months - haven't done a workout video for awhile, so maybe I just need to get back into a more intense workout (than walking the dog.)

I'll be doing the other 1/3rd of the video probably on Saturday morning.

Keep going strong, team! We can do this!! I'm here for you if you need me! (Add me, if you haven't already!) ;)

Replies

• maphammonds
    maphammonds Posts: 362 Member
    Options
    Yes - it was a butt-kicker (or should I say *kitten* kicker in honor of lil' Judith?) Can't wait to see Beth's appearance, hopefully she'll be in the next episode.
  • jamielynnmobile
    jamielynnmobile Posts: 68 Member
    Options
    Not yet! That's my plan for this evening b/c it is pouring rain here for the next two days. I'm a little worried b/c I watched the first few minutes and there seems to be a lot of burpees, planking, etc. and I have an arm/wrist/hand issue that precludes me putting weight on it, so I am going to have to modify a bunch of things on the fly :/

And @ashleybreanna13, don't feel bad--we're all out of shape! :wink:

My theory is that we won't see Beth until mid-season break. I think they are going to reveal her right before holiday break and we won't get solid answers on where she's been until Spring.

Which is actually kind of motivating for us, I think--we have to stick it out just like Beth is! (Wherever she is...)
  • ashleybreanna13
    ashleybreanna13 Posts: 249 Member
    Options
    I miss her, I don't want to wait that long! I want to jump into the screen and go save her :p

This workout would be tough on someone who can't put weight on their wrist/hands, as there is one point where you put weight on your hands the whole exercise and it's tough even for someone who doesn't have sore hands/wrists. If you need help, ask! We can cheer you on ;)
  • maphammonds
    Options
    @jamielynnmobile - there's 3 exercises in that workout that puts body weight on hands/wrists, Burpees, Twisted Mountain Climber w/ Leg Lift & Crossover Toe Tap w/ Leg Lift. Maybe you could do 5 exercies for 50 seconds each 5 x (to get roughly the same time as the 8 for 3 rounds??). Here' the five - Ski Squat w/ Windmill Step, Boxer Squat with Flutter Kicks, Bridge Kicks, Double Jack w/a Squat, Reverse Lunge w/ a Skip.

I didn't feel like I was doing the Bridge Kicks right - maybe I was....who knows, my body was numb by that point!
  • jamielynnmobile
    Options
    Okay, did it! WHEW! That was *not* easy. I recruited hubby to do it too, so I didn't suffer alone ;p. I managed by dragging over our fluffy ottoman and resting my forearms on it for the burpees, mountain climbers and toe taps. @maphammonds Surprisingly, I didn't feel much from the Bridge Kicks either... (?) Man am I out of shape...
  • DucMouse
    DucMouse Posts: 113 Member
    Options
    Hello fellow team bether! We can do this because we all super awesome!
    I have already done the whole video and it seriously kicked my. I am way out shape. But I am doing the video a second time and have gotten half way through, I plan to finish the rest at lunch today.
  • jamielynnmobile
    Options
    Holy crap, you are doing it twice?! I am way too sore for that.
  • DucMouse
    Options
    I did the first one on tuesday so that gave me a couple days rest. I already feel the pain and hopefully I can roll out of bed tomorrow LOL
  • DucMouse
    Options
    I'm getting worried for our beth....I have been reading some interesting stuff. I'll avoid any spoilers, if anyone is curious you can message me ;-).

But last nights episode was amazing!
  • jamielynnmobile
    Options
    No spoilerssssssssssssss!! I am having the hardest time today *not* looking at the boards. I'll watch it when I get home...or rather, after I go for a 45-min walk ;)
  • jamielynnmobile
    Options
    Is anyone else a little daunted by the workload this week? I had to make a schedule to try to fit everything in before Friday...I hope the minutes don't keep increasing every week... :astonished:
  • ashleybreanna13
    Options
    So let me see if I have this right...

For Beginners:
    80 minutes cardio
    45 minutes strength
    21 minute boot camp video
    5 minute punishment
    Stay under calorie goal

Are those the correct goals for this week? Am I missing anything? (I know the videos can count towards the cardio or strength)

Good luck this week everyone! Cross your fingers that Beth comes back and we get a cool celebration dance video!
  • Cindyinpg
    Cindyinpg Posts: 3,902 Member
    Options
    So let me see if I have this right...

For Beginners:
    80 minutes cardio
    45 minutes strength
    21 minute boot camp video
    5 minute punishment
    Stay under calorie goal

Are those the correct goals for this week? Am I missing anything? (I know the videos can count towards the cardio or strength)

Good luck this week everyone! Cross your fingers that Beth comes back and we get a cool celebration dance video!
    Perfect.
  • ashleybreanna13
    Options
    We can do this!! Let's power up & remember why we want to be healthy!! Push hard, folks!!
  • DucMouse
    Options
    We totally got this! It's onlu tuesday and so far I have done 30 min of cardio and 5 minute punishment.
  • jamielynnmobile
    Options
    I dread actually doing it...but once I've done it, I feel great :smiley: 65 mins cardio, 5 min punishment so far this week.
  • jamielynnmobile
    Options
    I'm scared...my office mate has been *really* sick all week and now today I am feeling a bit yucky...throat swelling, a little achy...echinacea tea, here I come!
  • maphammonds
    Options
    Completed the character video, and logged it as aerobics.
  • ashleybreanna13
    Options
    How was the Beth video? I have to do that tonight...
  • DucMouse
    Options
    It wasn't to bad....