50 days in, only -12lbs

2»

Replies

• crisb2 wrote: »
    Actually a lot of people do need them, and I lost the first ten pounds/ got into keto with her. But, thanks for that... -.-

Nutritionists are great--I'm referring you not needing a nutritionist anymore.

• deansdad101
    deansdad101 Posts: 644 Member
    BansheeCat wrote: »
    crisb2 wrote: »
    Actually a lot of people do need them, and I lost the first ten pounds/ got into keto with her. But, thanks for that... -.-

Nutritionists are great--I'm referring you not needing a nutritionist anymore.
    And from the 3rd corner of the ring <g>, I'd suggest that:

Yes, "some people need them" and for those that do, and IF they find a good one - that's GREAT;

I'd agree too that SOME "nutritionists are great" - BUT many are not;

Same goes for "dietitians" (not sure exactly what the distinction between the two is) although in my experience "most" of the dietitians I've encountered are the least informed/educated/open-minded when it comes to anything that brings the USDA/SAD into question.

To each their own.

• DAM5412
    DAM5412 Posts: 660 Member
    Also, try plugging your weights in weightgrapher.com. It smooths out the bumps and shows the trend and that helped in the psychological war to success.

There is a tracker similar to this in MFP. You can go to the "reports" tab and it will show you the progress of weight or inches lost, based from a 7 day to 1 year timeframe.

I go there sometimes when I have a no-loss week and look how far I've come since April (30+ lbs) and then tell myself, OK you are doing this...slow and steady.

• crisb2
    crisb2 Posts: 329 Member
    DAM5412 wrote: »
    Also, try plugging your weights in weightgrapher.com. It smooths out the bumps and shows the trend and that helped in the psychological war to success.

There is a tracker similar to this in MFP. You can go to the "reports" tab and it will show you the progress of weight or inches lost, based from a 7 day to 1 year timeframe.

I go there sometimes when I have a no-loss week and look how far I've come since April (30+ lbs) and then tell myself, OK you are doing this...slow and steady.

Yeah, me too. I track weight and measurements. BF% I'm still iffy on... haven't found a reliable method yet to measure it. When my caliper arrives I'll try that, see if it makes any sense.
  • DAM5412 wrote: »

Weightgrapher is different.. it shows the trend and smooths out the bumps rather than an up or down line. I like it because on the days my weight shows a blip of an increase, the graph trend still goes down. Helpful!

• dcristo213
    dcristo213 Posts: 117 Member
    edited October 2014
    I agree with comments above to lower your protein and increase fat. I also agree you need to stick to your macros and not keep making changes, you body needs time to adapt. While I played around with my macros for the first few weeks, they have been consistent for last 3 months. I would also try not to focus on scale as it will fluctuate. I have not weighed myself since end of September, and will try to only weigh in monthly (my next weigh in is November 1). I have noticed significant change in how my clothes fit, so I know I am moving in the right direction. I am feeling so much better than I ever did, so I will take small incremental weight loss, if it means that I can maintain this lifestyle for the long term.
  • crisb2
    crisb2 Posts: 329 Member
    dcristo213 wrote: »
    I agree with comments above to lower your protein and increase fat. I also agree you need to stick to your macros and not keep making changes, you body needs time to adapt. While I played around with my macros for the first few weeks, they have been consistent for last 3 months. I would also try not to focus on scale as it will fluctuate. I have not weighed myself since end of September, and will try to only weigh in monthly (my next weigh in is November 1). I have noticed significant change in how my clothes fit, so I know I am moving in the right direction. I am feeling so much better than I ever did, so I will take small incremental weight loss, if it means that I can maintain this lifestyle for the long term.

Thanks, but if you'd read through it all, all this has been addressed. Thanks though!