What are your most useful weight loss tools?

Options
13»

Replies

• retirehappy
    retirehappy Posts: 4,754 Member
    Options
    I have two actually :). The larger blue bag we found at Sprouts Grocery. The smaller one, I used to take snacks to work with me in it, was found at a garage sale. I'm not near either one, but they have company badges on them. I'll check and let you know, I am pretty sure you can buy them online as well. Also Costco and the Kroger stores both have insulated bags, not as pretty but useable. They are larger and meant for people transporting foods from grocer to home. All of them work well with hot or cold foods.

Yea for you getting a trainer for the strength training. I need to get back with my trainer on that as well. Stopped going when DH was sick and haven't got my groove back yet. We will be traveling in Feb. for a couple of weeks but on my return I intend to get back with my trainer as well. She is an older lady and extremely good. I've missed my workouts with her.
  • DreamOn145
    DreamOn145 Posts: 468 Member
    Options
    I am LOVING having that extra freezer. My husband is just NOT a healthy eater and we frequently eat different meals, which can be a real pain. I bought some containers that allow me to make homemade frozen dinners and just made him FOUR chicken fried steak with country gravy frozen meals! lol I made maple mustard chicken thighs last night and made myself several dinners with roasted sweet potatoes and brussels sprouts. It gives me a lot more nights that I don't have to do serious cooking while we still have homemade food.
  • DreamOn145
    DreamOn145 Posts: 468 Member
    Options
    Oh, and I am working with that resistant starch! I am mashed potatoes, rice, and pasta and cooking and reheating it. I have no way of knowing how well its actually working, but I am sticking with it for a while to see what happens!
  • retirehappy
    Options
    Got to add my new favorite tool.
    OXO Good Grips 3-Blade Spiralizer with StrongHold Suction

I have been using a mandolin to make noodles from zukes and squash, but this things makes it so easy and can get different widths so easily, and it really makes them curly too.
  • retirehappy
    Options
    Bump up time.
  • mxchana
    mxchana Posts: 666 Member
    Options
    Two words: food scale.
  • retirehappy
    Options
    Bump up time.
  • SuperSnoopy
    SuperSnoopy Posts: 3,464 Member
    Options
    For me it’s simple , loads of gym, cardio and weights 8 times a week and watch what I eat
  • wandakc
    wandakc Posts: 227 Member
    Options
    I am starting to get more active. Seems to have taken me a while this time after surgery. Tools that help me stay focused are my MIRROR and SCALE Gets scary at times :o
  • mxchana
    mxchana Posts: 666 Member
    Options
    Ugh, the mirror - that's something I try to avoid as it only depresses and discourages me.

This forum has really helped me to hang in and not give up. My food scale continues to be my best tool.
  • retirehappy
    Options
    Love your new profile pic Wanda. I use those tools but they are not my favorites. Scales lie all the time. And mirrors are so different. One of ours makes me look GREAT all the time. The other is just too reality based for me to handle.

Happy Hollies, Joell