Replies

• KristyMayhem331
    KristyMayhem331 Posts: 189 Member
    Options
    Wtf!!!
  • MsTiffamee
    MsTiffamee Posts: 137 Member
    Options
    My thoughts. Daryl and Carol found Noah. Noah told them the deal......So knowing they would kill Daryl..Carol volunteers to be "saved." I think Carol got captured on purpose to get in the inside to help Beth. Daryl And Noah are waiting somewhere close for them.
  • julebg79
    julebg79 Posts: 377 Member
    Options
    I'm glad that the promos that made it look like Beth just lost her mind were all misleading and she's still "in play." I also LOVE that she whooped some butt getting Noah out of the hospital (she's come a LONG way under Daryl's tutelage). Also glad that Gorman was a short-lived character--he definitely got what was coming to him! That Dawn is an interesting character to be certain, and fond of the *kitten* slapping.

At first, I thought Beth was going to get in the car with Noah and then we'd find that they were the people in car that Carol and Daryll went after in the dark, but no such luck there. I guess that would have been too fast of a resolution. MsTiffamee, I would like if Carol being hurt is all just part of the master plan, but I actually suspect that Carol is hurt for realz. I'm assuming that Noah is who Darryl is bringing back to the church (in the woods behind him from the last episode), and that the reason he looked so dire when asked where Carol was is that she really was injured and taken by the hospital group. But since Noah knows the low-down on that group AND Beth, he will brief the church group. Then, Rick and his crew will end up storming the castle, so to speak, in order to retrieve Carol and Beth.

Kinda annoyed that next week looks to be all about Mr.-can't-speak-in-an-inside-voice-Abraham and his group, instead of Beth and Carol!!! I hope they don't give Abraham ALL the airtime.
  • turntechBiologist
    turntechBiologist Posts: 374 Member
    Options
    MsTiffamee wrote: »
    My thoughts. Daryl and Carol found Noah. Noah told them the deal......So knowing they would kill Daryl..Carol volunteers to be "saved." I think Carol got captured on purpose to get in the inside to help Beth. Daryl And Noah are waiting somewhere close for them.

Definitely along the lines of what I was thinking! Really hopeful that they're successful and get Beth & Carol out safely.

Also, holy crap because when I saw Noah I KNEW he looked familiar! Seeing Tyler James Williams put a big smile on my face :D
  • KristyMayhem331
    KristyMayhem331 Posts: 189 Member
    edited November 2014
    Options
    I definitely think Daryl is with Noah and I loved Beth's smile when she saw Noah get away. She was definitely a badass this episode saving his butt! I am fearful, though, that Carol is really injured. She didn't look too good but I would love to see that be apart of the plan to save Beth.

I agree that I hope the next episode is not all about Abraham's group. He annoys me. As does Eugene. I think he's full of it. I am really interested to see where the Beth/hospital plot line goes.
  • strangewebby
    Options
    julebg79 wrote: »

Kinda annoyed that next week looks to be all about Mr.-can't-speak-in-an-inside-voice-Abraham and his group, instead of Beth and Carol!!! I hope they don't give Abraham ALL the airtime.

haha, yes! That man can't just talk in a normal voice.

Hopefully they will split up the story telling between the groups and not have it like the end of last season where everyone got their own episodes. But then again the suspense is one of the best parts of the show.

Beth has definitely come a long way from the scared girl cutting her wrists in a farmhouse.
  • strive4more11
    strive4more11 Posts: 213 Member
    Options
    This is shaping up to be a really interesting season! I think Carol is really hurt. I also believe its a good possibility Noah is with Daryl... it would make sense why Daryl was taking the lead since Noah has a hurt leg.

Beth was so awesome this episode! It was great to see her character develop so much. I really just want the whole group to be together again!!!
  • SaraAlexandre
    SaraAlexandre Posts: 1,313 Member
    Options
    I agree with above too. Carol looked really hurt. I'm so impressed with Beth! She has earned my respect and she is not so vulnerable anymore. I have a feeling that it's Beth that saves Carol.
  • Mrscheyfleming
    Mrscheyfleming Posts: 149 Member
    Options
    This season had been pretty great so far and about carol..i'm not sure yet. I feel like maybe she is faking it to get in there. Then i feel like Daryl might have been watching and went with noah to get help but i don't know.
  • CindyB97
    CindyB97 Posts: 146 Member
    Options
    I think the theories about Carol are good ones, especially the fact that maybe she purposely got caught in order to get into the hospital. Then again, think about the timing of all that. Daryl and Carol were only gone for about 24 hours before Daryl (at least) returned. Maybe he returned to get help to storm the hospital, but I cannot think of any other reason for him to have left Carol behind.

That whole episode was weird, in my opinion. I thought the acting was horrible, so that didn't help any. There were just so many loose ends and unanswered questions. I know some of that is normal, just to keep the audience's interest. But it felt more like either lazy writers or too much left on the cutting room floor. For instance, why did Dawn slap Beth after they tried to save that guy that fell out of the window? And why did it take Noah over a year to finally decide it was a good idea to escape? I didn't really get the impression that he was unhappy there, especially watching him banter with Dawn. And ultimately, what is the whole point of that hospital? Saving people just to keep them as slaves? Do the police purposely patrol the streets (and obviously, the far-flung rural areas) just to enslave people? I just don't get it.

Looking forward to next week with more decent acting and (hopefully) writing. I love it when shows go on tangents, but please let's make it seem a little more logical than this one.
  • tj1376
    tj1376 Posts: 1,402 Member
    Options
    MsTiffamee wrote: »

This is totally my thought too!!!!!

• pdnaylor
    Options
    I think they Daryl and Carol saw what happened, saved Noah. Noah tells them everything, so Carol infiltrates the hospital. Meanwhile, Daryl and Noah go back to the church to get Rick and the rest of the group to assist getting Carol and Beth back...Noah is the person in the woods when Michonne sees Daryl.
  • tj1376
    Options
    CindyB97 wrote: »
    I think the theories about Carol are good ones, especially the fact that maybe she purposely got caught in order to get into the hospital. Then again, think about the timing of all that. Daryl and Carol were only gone for about 24 hours before Daryl (at least) returned. Maybe he returned to get help to storm the hospital, but I cannot think of any other reason for him to have left Carol behind.

That whole episode was weird, in my opinion. I thought the acting was horrible, so that didn't help any. There were just so many loose ends and unanswered questions. I know some of that is normal, just to keep the audience's interest. But it felt more like either lazy writers or too much left on the cutting room floor. For instance, why did Dawn slap Beth after they tried to save that guy that fell out of the window? And why did it take Noah over a year to finally decide it was a good idea to escape? I didn't really get the impression that he was unhappy there, especially watching him banter with Dawn. And ultimately, what is the whole point of that hospital? Saving people just to keep them as slaves? Do the police purposely patrol the streets (and obviously, the far-flung rural areas) just to enslave people? I just don't get it.

Looking forward to next week with more decent acting and (hopefully) writing. I love it when shows go on tangents, but please let's make it seem a little more logical than this one.

Ok, because Daryl was only gone 1 day - this is what I think happened: They followed the car to the hospital and staked it out to see what was happening. They saw Beth make a run for it with Noah, but weren't able to get there so they picked up Noah who told them what was going on. The superduo hatched a plan to get Carol inside, because as Noah would have told them, they don't normally rescue strong men, just weak ones or women. While she was inside the hospital, Daryl had to go back to find the others and bring them to the hospital to bust the women out. you know, assuming Beth and Carol don't go all badass on those people before the cavalry arrives.

Gwen Slapped Beth the first time, not because she did something wrong, but to show the DR that, while she wont hurt him because he is the only DR, she will hurt others in his place to make him comply. Demented twit.

Noah waited a year to escape because he was biding his time, playing nice so they wouldnt see his escape coming. He told us that the guards took him but not his dad so they clearly dont want strong people and they saw him as someone who was weak and would do the work without complaint. He played along all nicey, nice until his moment came. Good for him.

I dont think the intention of the hospital was to have slaves, it just slowly progressed to that. With limited supplies and guards, they were losing people by trying to save others, only to have them leave once they were fine. So the barter system did seem to work at first, but as with all things, to much control and power is never a good thing. They patrol to find other people to save, but only ones that can be useful to them. People with skills. Thats why they were willing to waste resources trying to save that DR. With two of them, they could make the first one comply or just kill him if he wouldnt.

• julebg79
    Options
    And ultimately, what is the whole point of that hospital? Saving people just to keep them as slaves? Do the police purposely patrol the streets (and obviously, the far-flung rural areas) just to enslave people? I just don't get it.
    Forced human reproduction farm?
  • Cindyinpg
    Cindyinpg Posts: 3,902 Member
    edited November 2014
    Options
    julebg79 wrote: »
    And ultimately, what is the whole point of that hospital? Saving people just to keep them as slaves? Do the police purposely patrol the streets (and obviously, the far-flung rural areas) just to enslave people? I just don't get it.
    Forced human reproduction farm?
    That's what the Gorman creep would've enjoyed anyway. Best moment of the night here:689darkcg1b5.gif

• julebg79
    Options
    Yes, cindyinpg, I agree! I like when people get their comeuppances swiftly.

• strive4more11
    strive4more11 Posts: 213 Member
    Options
    tj1376 wrote: »

Noah waited a year to escape because he was biding his time, playing nice so they wouldnt see his escape coming. He told us that the guards took him but not his dad so they clearly dont want strong people and they saw him as someone who was weak and would do the work without complaint. He played along all nicey, nice until his moment came. Good for him.

I dont think the intention of the hospital was to have slaves, it just slowly progressed to that. With limited supplies and guards, they were losing people by trying to save others, only to have them leave once they were fine. So the barter system did seem to work at first, but as with all things, to much control and power is never a good thing. They patrol to find other people to save, but only ones that can be useful to them. People with skills. Thats why they were willing to waste resources trying to save that DR. With two of them, they could make the first one comply or just kill him if he wouldnt.

YES! I actually really enjoyed this episode. They explained a lot throughout the episode, in my opinion. I like all the loose ends that they we need to tie up, its intriguing and makes me really excited to see what happens the rest of the season.
  • CindyB97
    CindyB97 Posts: 146 Member
    Options

Ok, because Daryl was only gone 1 day - this is what I think happened: They followed the car to the hospital and staked it out to see what was happening. They saw Beth make a run for it with Noah, but weren't able to get there so they picked up Noah who told them what was going on. The superduo hatched a plan to get Carol inside, because as Noah would have told them, they don't normally rescue strong men, just weak ones or women. While she was inside the hospital, Daryl had to go back to find the others and bring them to the hospital to bust the women out. you know, assuming Beth and Carol don't go all badass on those people before the cavalry arrives.

Gwen Slapped Beth the first time, not because she did something wrong, but to show the DR that, while she wont hurt him because he is the only DR, she will hurt others in his place to make him comply. Demented twit.

And this is why I love threads like this. Different people see the exact same episode in a totally different way, and these discussions really make me think about things. Thanks for addressing my points.

Your opinion on the timing and the involvement of Daryl/Carol seems to make the most sense, I really like it.

I thought it was Dawn that slapped Beth. Still, you're right, none of them seem right in the head so I guess there doesn't need to be a good reason for the slap.

I still question the whole Noah escaping thing. Maybe part of my problem with this episode was it happened too fast. Too many things to digest and not enough time to really develop the characters and get us to empathize with them.

As far as the hospital and its purpose, I suppose the purpose could have changed over time. Like Terminus.

I know my last post was really negative, but I still love this show! In fact it's the only thing I ever watch on tv anymore. :-)
  • jamielynnmobile
    jamielynnmobile Posts: 68 Member
    Options
    pdnaylor wrote: »
    I think they Daryl and Carol saw what happened, saved Noah. Noah tells them everything, so Carol infiltrates the hospital. Meanwhile, Daryl and Noah go back to the church to get Rick and the rest of the group to assist getting Carol and Beth back...Noah is the person in the woods when Michonne sees Daryl.

Yup. This. Makes sense. That's why Daryl felt comfortable with his back to Noah coming out of the woods; not because it was someone familiar, but because it was someone unthreatening. And because he saw him trying to escape with Beth, he knows that he can 'trust' him (insofar as Daryl trusts anyone). I think the theory that Carol is infiltrating makes perfect sense given the rubric they presented for the people the hospital crew saves. Definitely added a new dimension; I thought they would wrap this episode up back at the church, but it is obviously going to take awhile before the whole crew is back together...
  • tj1376
    Options
    I

I thought it was Dawn that slapped Beth. Still, you're right, none of them seem right in the head so I guess there doesn't need to be a good reason for the slap.

HAHA - I dont know why I called her Gwen.