Options

Replies

• ht00876
    ht00876 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    HI I have a Charge HR. My user name is ht00876@gmail.com
  • MonolithFitness
    Options
    Feel like my steps dont matter unless its with me!
  • lsny123
    lsny123 Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    I searched the forums looking for a post related to what I am noticing with my FitBit Calories Burned in MFP, so I apologize if this has been addressed already somewhere. My Calorie Adjustment for my FitBit is incorrect. I have a Charge HR and wear it all the time. I have it set to my correct weight, height, age and gender. MFP is set with correct weight and set to "Not Very Active".

What I have noticed is that at the end of the day or the next morning for the previous day, the FitBit Calories Burned never match what FitBit shows I burned. In the example, I am attaching, It overreported my calories burned, so MFP gave me a bigger calorie adjustment than what I should have.

I have attached screen shots. Has anyone had this issue or know how to correct? I am not sure if it is on the FitBit side or the MFP side. I would think that by the end of the night or looking back the next day, that the FitBit Calories burned displayed in Calorie Adjustment screen in MFP would match FitBit's calories burned on the dashboard for that day.

Thanks, Lisaf0nppemnu1wl.png

h8k9rdblsfma.png

• itzpocahontas88
    Options
    www.fitbit.com/user/2VV6VH
  • NancyN795
    NancyN795 Posts: 1,134 Member
    Options
    @lsny123 : This isn't the right place to ask. This is only for finding other people to be friends with.

I think the first thing to check is your time zone setting. Make sure both your Fitbit and MFP accounts have the same setting. If that doesn't help, post your question in the Discussions section.
  • lsny123
    edited September 2016
    Options
    @NancyN795 - Thank you. I checked the time zone settings, and I believe that was the issue. Thank you for your help. As for my initial posted question, I am not permitted to delete it. Maybe the person running the forum could remove it for me? I will put a request in. :-)
  • lsny123
    Options
    www.fitbit.com/user/3MP87V
  • RHolmes114
    RHolmes114 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    https://www.fitbit.com/user/2H8DJB
    Always looking for new fitbit friends to keep the motivation going!
  • KazzykinsJ1967
    KazzykinsJ1967 Posts: 37 Member
    Options
    Luv my fitbit. Would luv more friends to motivate me
    https://www.fitbit.com/user/43XV85
  • NatureWiseNina
    NatureWiseNina Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Former Jawbone enthusiast made the switch. Just got my Charge HR today!
    https://www.fitbit.com/user/4WKQD3
  • Melanie79SO
    Melanie79SO Posts: 63 Member
    Options
    I'm very active on Fitbit. I average 40k+ each day. Feel free to add me. www.fitbit.com/user/3WNF8T
  • bunkster83
    bunkster83 Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    Always looking for new fitbit friends to keep pushing forward! www.fitbit.com/user/38JGQN
  • joannemonette1
    joannemonette1 Posts: 99 Member
    Options
    lsny123 wrote: »
    I searched the forums looking for a post related to what I am noticing with my FitBit Calories Burned in MFP, so I apologize if this has been addressed already somewhere. My Calorie Adjustment for my FitBit is incorrect. I have a Charge HR and wear it all the time. I have it set to my correct weight, height, age and gender. MFP is set with correct weight and set to "Not Very Active".

What I have noticed is that at the end of the day or the next morning for the previous day, the FitBit Calories Burned never match what FitBit shows I burned. In the example, I am attaching, It overreported my calories burned, so MFP gave me a bigger calorie adjustment than what I should have.

When I started using it, I was concerned about the same thing. It does the same to mine. From what I understand, it converts your calories to some kind of point system. I'm not sure I get it, but in the end, it ends up being correct. Fitbit calculates your calories and workouts logged in MFP onto the fitbit site, and the end result is to keep one from counting the other twice. If you read it on fitbit, the math comes out correctly. If you read it on MFP, it's trying to keep Fitbit from counting workouts and steps/calories twice. I hope that helps or made sense.

If you want, you can keep it from syncing with Fitbit and keep them seperate so you can just enter straight calories burned instead.
  • vnb_208
    vnb_208 Posts: 1,359 Member
    Options
    public url: //www.fitbit.com/user/4WVN64
  • vnb_208
    vnb_208 Posts: 1,359 Member
    Options
    //www.fitbit.com/user/4WVN64
  • Lipstick_chick1960
    Options
    Do all the charge HR have military time? its not a problem until after noon of course. If it can be changed. ...I have no earthly idea how. I make changes to my fitbit though my android. ....ihave no lap top. #pleasehelp :p
  • xosummerrainxo
    xosummerrainxo Posts: 112 Member
    Options
    New to the Fitbit world and would love some friends there too. Add me if you like. Not sure how to get to my user # you all are posting from Fitbit app.
  • Lipstick_chick1960
    Lipstick_chick1960 Posts: 86 Member
    edited September 2016
    Options
    Why does my charge automatically have calories burned listed if I have not even been out of my bed ?