It's time to discuss Thanksgiving.

2»

Replies

• deansdad101
    deansdad101 Posts: 644 Member
    baconslave wrote: »
    I'll be staying on plan. We'll make special keto gravy for me to smother everything in. Everything else I don't care as much about. They'll be turkey and green beans. Drowning in gravy.

Tell me about your keto gravy please. I make mine with a roux, which is of course flour. What do you use as a thickener?

This will be my first keto thanksgiving, but I'm thinking turkey juices from the pan, giblets, heavy cream, and I'm going to get some xanthan gum. I've read through a few recipes and you basically add it by the quarter tsp until you have your desired thickness.

I've never used xanthan gum. I don't imagine it's available at the grocery store?
    Lula;

Depends on the store, but at least around here, no, the "normal" GSs don't carry it, BUT, TJ's, WF's, and GG probably do (not sure which one we got it at last).

Good stuff

• I_love_frogs
    I_love_frogs Posts: 340 Member
    I'll be staying on plan. We'll make special keto gravy for me to smother everything in. Everything else I don't care as much about. They'll be turkey and green beans. Drowning in gravy.

Tell me about your keto gravy please. I make mine with a roux, which is of course flour. What do you use as a thickener?

This will be my first keto thanksgiving, but I'm thinking turkey juices from the pan, giblets, heavy cream, and I'm going to get some xanthan gum. I've read through a few recipes and you basically add it by the quarter tsp until you have your desired thickness.

I've never used xanthan gum. I don't imagine it's available at the grocery store?
    Lula;

Depends on the store, but at least around here, no, the "normal" GSs don't carry it, BUT, TJ's, WF's, and GG probably do (not sure which one we got it at last).

Good stuff

I can get it at Safeway here in Washington...sold by Bob's Red Mill.