November Challenge ~ Nov 10th -- Nov 17th

cpanus
cpanus Posts: 19,731 Member
edited November 2014 in Social Groups
I'm hoping you find this fun and different and get inspired!! :D

12 Ball Wall Squats (No ball? then do a 30 second wall squat)

12 Lateral Shuffles ...https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZkC4epVed4Q

12 Close Grip Lat Pull-Downs ...https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EQIJu5j5YD8

12 Seated Bent-Over Rear Flys ...https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7q8i37zaO6U

12 Bicep Curls

12 Forearm Side-Lying Leg Lifts (ea side) ...https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ggCyevSjVt4

12 Basic Crunch

12 Oblique Reach and Crunch ...https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=98eX0ndm7Z4

These are youtube links. Copy and paste&go to your address bar. Just watch out for the train doing that last one!! :s

Do this routine twice. Let me know what you think.

Chris

Replies

• zumbaforever
    zumbaforever Posts: 6,978 Member
    Well I love it. Will have to give it a go tomorrow.

Thanks Chris!
  • cpanus
    <3<3
  • KAR1959
    KAR1959 Posts: 4,320 Member
    Wow...just wow! Will give it a go this evening when I get home. Good job Chris...I think ;)
  • zumbaforever
    Well my thighs are burning from my kettles workout yesterday! I was able to ice them while walking the boys today. It was about 12 degrees out and the wind was blowing through my jeans. So my legs were "iced" thoroughly! Muahaha. Only did the upper body part of Chris's challenge. Hopefully tomorrow I can do the kettle swings again. :open_mouth:

Hope you all had a great Monday.

Happy Veterans day early all

Shelley
  • lcarls71
    lcarls71 Posts: 320 Member
    :blush: I went and did last weeks workout x2 before I logged in and saw we have a new one for this week :dizzy_face: Oh well. Added abs to it again and managed over 10k steps today.

Off to another school tomorrow :weary: I think we only have two more she wants to visit. The weather is nice right now but is supposed to change rather abruptly on Wednesday.

Good night all

Lynnette
  • cpanus
    Kathy - hope you liked the workout.

Shelley -- "iced" bwahahaha!

DD was not feeling well today so no gym...turned into my REST DAY. Hopefully, we'll walk tomorrow morning.

Back then.

Chris
  • PaulaKro
    PaulaKro Posts: 5,748 Member
    Finished the deer fence this weekend. Am so tickled that the gate is level. And love getting a workout without trying. Four hours fly by! When I was younger, that was just a phrase, now it feels literal.

Too much to do. Took off work Monday afternoon to write up a presentation for last night. The houses (mine & MIL's) are almost fixed and the permit system conversion at work almost complete. The glimmer at the end of the tunnel looks like workout time. Can't wait.

Thinking of you northern friends :heart_eyes: as the polar winds sweep across the news. Stay warm and safe!

Paula
  • cpanus
    Lynette -- you know the rule...as long as you're movin', it all counts!

Paula -- glad about the fence...sad for the deer. I'm sure they loved your garden! Hope everything works out with the two houses. I hope you're having fun with the 'fixing' part.

No walking w/DD this morning or w/DH...went off by myself for 4.42 miles in 64 minutes then went to the foot doc with DD. Everything is okay. We shopped a bit and that is it! Gym tomorrow and our challenge.

Only 39 days to the wedding! :#

Back to work tomorrow...ugh! 140 days to retirement. ;)
  • KAR1959
    Busy day. I walked 1.25 mile this afternoon at the park...trying to get in more cardio. This evening I had a 90 minute tennis practice. My doubles partner & I play this Sat. No challenge today will get it in tomorrow after work.

Goodnight I'm up at 4:00am in the morning. Have a great Wednesday.

Kathy
  • PaulaKro
    Ten pushups and thirteen curls, as promised. Not much, but at least it's doing something when there isn't time to do anything.

Also 5-6 hours of shopping w/DH made for some good cardio.

:smiling_imp: <-- This is Timmy. Brave little trouble-maker. :ohwell:

Chris, you have such wonderful count downs! #jealous!

Love all,
    Paula

• lcarls71
    Chris I like this challenge :smiley: a little legs, a little abs and some arms. Nice all around workout.

Said poop on the long hours at work this week so I could get back to feeling like me again. Feels good to workout and sweat again.

DD at work and hubby at school so now it's time for ME!!!! :lol:

Nighty night ladies

Lynnette
  • KAR1959
    I agree Lynnette...good workout Chris. I did the challenge 1x after work. I'm pooped and going to bed early. Good night

Kathy
  • KAR1959
    It was cold tonight in Georgia but we had tennis practice tonight - 60 minutes. Getting ready for our match on Saturday. Challenge tomorrow.
  • cpanus
    edited November 2014
    I'm glad you guys like the workout. What do you think about doing it again next week?

Lynette -- good for you for saying poop to the extra hours. Hope it lasts.

Kathy -- the news on the radio said it was going to get much colder for you guys in the next couple of days. We had rain last night!! And then the sun came out!

I did everyone of our exercises at least twice last night on the TRX. Our entire workout was with the TRX...some fun! DD looks fabulous doing these exercises...me, on the other hand, well, I had a bit of a hard time with my feet in the TRX, my lower arm on the mat and my fanny in the air...sideways! Man! But I got my butt up there! I am pretty sore tonight.

Picked up Bean...DD is working on her dissertation project...and time just got away from me. This is me whining about it getting dark at 5:10 this evening!! ugh...

I hope you all have a great Friday.

Chris
  • claram5415
    claram5415 Posts: 512 Member
    I did the workout this am and I like it also. Wouldn't mind a repeat. Kathy, I'm over here in Houston area and I am not liking this cold weather. What happened to the fall I was going to enjoy so much!
    Chris, I love TRX. My former trainer had a set that we would use from time to time.
    Off to work, unlike you Chris, I have 8 to 9 years before retirement. However, I love my job so I don't mind.
  • zumbaforever
    I am so upset. I spent quite a bit of time last night writing to you all. And it did not save to here! Argh!!!!!!!
  • lcarls71
    edited November 2014
    Kathy good luck with your match. Do you have an indoor court to play on in case of yucky cold weather?

Chris I wish our gym had TRX. I think I would really like working out with them.

Clara if it helps any I have 20-23 yrs left before retirement :weary: And yes I am counting the weeks away already :lol:

We got hit up here yesterday with 9-15" of wet, heavy yucky snow. Traffis was awful. We had school buses stuck and kids not getting home until 8-9pm. Accidents had all routes tied up also. Thank goodness I live close to work and got home rather quickly. Today was better but we are supposed to get hit again tonight, UGH :disappointed:

Have a good night ladies and stay warm out there.

Lynnette
  • cpanus
    Lynnette - yeah, the TRX is fun...most of the time. :o I heard there was going to be some terrible weather to the east. I hope everyone is okay.

Shelley - I've done that exact same thing. I'm not as funny the second time around! :|

Clara - I love what I do, too...although I do have a boss that has a bad case of Short-Man-Syndrome and even after six years hasn't a clue. My DH has over 25 years in his profession and is ready...can't leave him at home by himself, can I? bwahahaha...not a chance! DD will be married and finished with her dissertation by then. AND, I can walk in the morning when the sun is up...even in winter!

Got our challenge done twice and a whole bunch of steps between each exercise. DD is really sick with no voice, so no gym today.

Chris
  • zumbaforever
    Chris so true. Not as witty the second time around. :neutral_face:

Clara nice ride! I will not be retiring for a long while either. I think the who you work with really makes the job. While I love my job, I would hate it if those around me were not also so wonderful.

Kathy you keep nailing that tennis game. Inspiring. Hope you kick some tennis butt tomorrow. Think of your goal while choosing your meals. We can do this together.

Lynette I feel for you. Stay warm and safe. We are getting snow tonight. Not as much as you did I
    hope. I went in the hot tub tonight. The short walk to and from was a bit chilly! :sweat_smile:

Paula! I sure hope you are keeping with your mini workouts going. It inspires me to hear all of you doing exercises to keep in shape. You rock.

Chris keep the count down going. And remember, no cheating! My slingshot is very accurate.

My zumba class was canceled due to the cold on Wednesday. I did another kettlebell workout last night. I was still feeling pretty good today. Not near as sore this time. But as I was leaving work I slipped in some ice the new snow had covered. I rolled onto my side as I fell. Only a little sore now. Hoping to do kettles again tomorrow if I still feel ok.

There is a craft fair here tomorrow. I am going to go to it. :agree:

Heading to bed, night all

Shelley

• PaulaKro
    I've been a lazy bumble-bumb again the last couple days. Need to do the mini-workout x3 tonight. No excuse: dry & warm in California. Just don't want to get out of my cozy chair.

Strength to you all, with wishes of health, happiness and lolling luxurious leisure time.

Kathy, hope you aren't too cold tomorrow. Clara, Lynnette & Shelley, the same!

Chris, looking forward to running through the playground with you and Bean some day. :smiley: So excited for all your upcoming happinesses.

Best to all.
    Paula