NSV's = Non-scale Victories

Options

Replies

• MostlyWater
    MostlyWater Posts: 4,294 Member
    Options
    I'm usually the oldest one in my gym classes. I have limited mobility and ability, with my Grade 3 ankle sprain, but I'm happy to be up and out and moving !
  • E_Brault
    E_Brault Posts: 362 Member
    Options
    I'm usually the oldest one in my gym classes. I have limited mobility and ability, with my Grade 3 ankle sprain, but I'm happy to be up and out and moving !

Being the oldest AND working through an injury is a major NSV. WTG!!!
  • E_Brault
    edited March 2016
    Options
    Going shopping in my jewelry box. My rings keep shifting fingers and I can wear some that I have not had on for year. Very fun. :)
    Oh hey! That reminds me, I have a ring that needs to be resized!!! Isn't this fun - shopping our own stuff.
  • marekdds
    marekdds Posts: 2,209 Member
    Options
    I never thought of myself as an athlete, but my resting heart rate is @52. If that counts, super NSV for me.
  • E_Brault
    Options
    Holy cow! That's great.
  • robertw486
    robertw486 Posts: 2,390 Member
    Options
    Did a true Tabata HIIT today on the elliptical, after doing some upper body and then 3 miles warm up. My heart rate was much improved over the last time, and my high was in the mid 160s. But for the work period (20 seconds high intensity, 10 second rest) I reached almost 28 calories per minute output. I'm exceeding the readout on the machine.

On my last bike ride, I decided to push pace some on the last segment that removes the traffic issues. I started the segment late due to issues on the crossover from the trail to the road, but then upped pace. It's only a mile and a half segment, but my Strava estimations, even with the delayed start, I averaged 421 watts. 21 MPH average on a beat old mountain bike with fat tires and the aero profile of a brick. :)
  • MostlyWater
    MostlyWater Posts: 4,294 Member
    Options
    robertw486 wrote: »
    Did a true Tabata HIIT today on the elliptical, after doing some upper body and then 3 miles warm up. My heart rate was much improved over the last time, and my high was in the mid 160s. But for the work period (20 seconds high intensity, 10 second rest) I reached almost 28 calories per minute output. I'm exceeding the readout on the machine.

On my last bike ride, I decided to push pace some on the last segment that removes the traffic issues. I started the segment late due to issues on the crossover from the trail to the road, but then upped pace. It's only a mile and a half segment, but my Strava estimations, even with the delayed start, I averaged 421 watts. 21 MPH average on a beat old mountain bike with fat tires and the aero profile of a brick. :)

WOW

• E_Brault
    Options
    @robertw486 You are killing it !!!
  • marekdds
    marekdds Posts: 2,209 Member
    Options
    Robert, that is awesome!
  • E_Brault
    Options
    This time last year, I had to do my yard work over a 3 day span - not because it is large but bc I did not have the stamina. I was about to complete my first step - raking and thought - I still have energy so I mowed. By that time I was sweating profusely, it is 73 degrees today. I finished the edging and swepted everything up and I dare say I'm pretty proud - my front yard is finished.
  • chamblisk
    chamblisk Posts: 296 Member
    Options
    How nice to have spring cleanup done! Watched some snow flurries blow through today, intermittent sun so nothing stayed, but won't be having a go at my yard for another month!
  • UncleMac
    UncleMac Posts: 13,069 Member
    Options
    I still have snowbanks although they're melting away nicely. The back yard is a puddle.
  • debsdoingthis
    debsdoingthis Posts: 454 Member
    Options
    Did my first step class in over 15 years. Reminded me of how uncoordinated I am LOL and I couldn't do all the moves, BUT I kept moving and I'll go to class again next week. OH also dropped a pant sized and gave my bigfer ones to goodwill.
  • Farback
    Farback Posts: 1,069 Member
    Options
  • E_Brault
    Options
    Did my first step class in over 15 years. Reminded me of how uncoordinated I am LOL and I couldn't do all the moves, BUT I kept moving and I'll go to class again next week. OH also dropped a pant sized and gave my bigfer ones to goodwill.

LOL on being uncoordinated - ME TOO. I lived in Spain for a little while and took a step class. That has to be one of my funniest memories.
  • luluinca
    luluinca Posts: 2,899 Member
    Options
    Farback wrote: »
    1tdzncndim0e.jpeg

Seriously jealous here! Glad you had a nice vacation!
  • UncleMac
    UncleMac Posts: 13,069 Member
    Options
    @Farback, it looks like you're living the dream, brother!!
  • Farback
    Farback Posts: 1,069 Member
    Options
    Thanks guys, it's back to reality tomorrow. Looking forward to getting the bike out of hibernation.
  • E_Brault
    Options
    Yes! to twisty roads. Seems like there should be emoji 's for Harleys
  • Montepulciano
    Montepulciano Posts: 845 Member
    edited March 2016
    Options
    Tried on a swim suit last night to make sure it fits for starting swimming in a few weeks. It is all baggy in the rear, but fits fine every where else. Just shaking my head at where the weight comes off, not complaining mind you.

I had to change *kitten* to rear...had no idea that MFP was that picky. What if I had been talking about a donkey?