NSV's = Non-scale Victories

Options

Replies

• MostlyWater
    MostlyWater Posts: 4,294 Member
    Options
    After barre class today, I went to a subway stop with a lot of stairs. I was tired afterwards, but didn't have to rest part way!
  • marekdds
    marekdds Posts: 2,209 Member
    Options
    Kudos! Nothing like a health NSV!
  • E_Brault
    E_Brault Posts: 362 Member
    Options
    After barre class today, I went to a subway stop with a lot of stairs. I was tired afterwards, but didn't have to rest part way!

Barre class, hooray for you! and kudos on getting up the stairs without resting.

• E_Brault
    Options
    I am still marveling over the little things. I feel like I have to write it somewhere, so I don't forget all the little things I gave up while gaining weight.

So after a month's work on my core at the gym, I can easily put my jeans on - one leg at a time - while standing!

Also, I always liked those ballet slippers for wearing around the house, but only wore the slip on type of slippers bc it was easier. I put on my ballet slippers without even thinking about it.
  • gmoo150
    gmoo150 Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    E_ -- What fun! I love NSVs -- they're like a little surprise gift... The scale will never, ever go down fast enough but the unexpected extras are another great benefit to sticking with the program -- and little reminders that the body is changing for the better!
  • chamblisk
    chamblisk Posts: 296 Member
    Options
    YES!! NSVs are the motivation for us. They sometimes pop up out of nowhere to remind us that we are on a journey and we need to smell the flowers along the way. They are so important as a Pat-On-The-Back we may not feel from someone else....they come from inside us. A Gratitude Journal can also help you remember the good things going on when life gets in the way. Even if you don't write it down everyday, you will find yourself starting to recognize the successes more often. And the smile will help you look even more beautiful.
  • chamblisk
    Options
    I commented on another thread last week about my change in climbing stairs. I can remember sometimes having to "Bear Walk" up to bed at night. Now I smile whenever I feel myself "jog" up or down. Yesterday, I got caught in the stairwell with middle schoolers between classes....anyone remember what that was like? I stayed in my "lane" to let the wild things go by but kept up with the vast majority of "pounders" in the middle. No railings and passing the poor souls caught like deer against the side. Came down the second set and was met by a faculty member at the bottom (afraid to risk life and limb with the hooligans). "What are you smiling about?" Another NSV in my book....I kept up with the kids on the worst stairwell in the building and SURVIVED...not even out of breath! Score! (This story would be different if we were going UP, mind you! Those boys run the steps 2 or three at a time. But I am watching closely....maybe this summer!)
  • Montepulciano
    Montepulciano Posts: 845 Member
    Options
    Moved down one notch on my Fitbit. Could just be the stretch of the band...but I am taking it as win. :)
  • d_thomas02
    d_thomas02 Posts: 9,049 Member
    edited March 2016
    Options
    Took my belt out of my pants and they slid to the ground... before I unbuttoned the waist.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OxQwV6OWsxo
  • UncleMac
    UncleMac Posts: 13,081 Member
    Options
    d_thomas02 wrote: »
    Took my belt out of my pants and they slid to the ground... before I unbuttoned the waist.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OxQwV6OWsxo

Good NSV and what a hilarious song!!
  • mccoyt85
    mccoyt85 Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    I wear quite a bit of denim. Most of my excess weight is carried below the belt. One issue with the denim is the small tab next to the button hole, it tends to still out. I always look as if I have a little nipple protruding from under my shirt at my waist line. I've noticed this week that tab has begun to lay flat. Also, I naturally have small hands, fingers and wrist. My size 5 1/2 weddings rings are getting loose. My Fitbit no longer fits ( new one arriving next week). No, my hand and wrist size was not keeping me up at night, but I'll take it.
  • E_Brault
    Options
    gmoo150 wrote: »
    E_ -- What fun! I love NSVs -- they're like a little surprise gift... The scale will never, ever go down fast enough but the unexpected extras are another great benefit to sticking with the program -- and little reminders that the body is changing for the better!

Yes! Thanks.

• chamblisk
    Options
    Pants on the Ground...hilarious.
  • Montepulciano
    Options
    Congrats...know the joy/embarrassment of it. All I can say is belts and drawstrings!
  • E_Brault
    Options
    Today, I was at a friend's house. I stopped by to take her to the doctor and to ask her how to keep the rhinestones on my new jeans. I showed her the jeans, she immediately chucked and said, I just can't believe how small those jeans are. I laughed too bc I can hardly believe I fit in a size 12.

I still have more weight to lose and perhaps one more size, but her surprise was a confidence boost.

Here's too more learning and better living.
  • d_thomas02
    edited March 2016
    Options
    Since restarting my weight loss and fitness program at the beginning of this year, my FitBit Charge HR says my resting heart rate has dropped from 74 bpm (Average) to 59 bpm (Excellent), just borderline with 'Athlete' for a 56 yr male.

http://www.topendsports.com/testing/heart-rate-resting-chart.htm

I'm now curious (and motivated) to see how low it will go.
  • E_Brault
    Options
    Wow! Good news! I'll have to check that out @d_thomas02

How did you do it?

I think mine is at 69, haven't checked it in a while. Been exercising for 2 months. New WOE about a year.

Again, fantastic!!!
  • d_thomas02
    Options
    E_Brault wrote: »
    Wow! Good news! I'll have to check that out @d_thomas02

How did you do it?

I think mine is at 69, haven't checked it in a while. Been exercising for 2 months. New WOE about a year.

Again, fantastic!!!

Nothing planned. Just doing ZenLab's 10K app with attention on increasing my VO2max (to increase SCUBA dive times).
  • Montepulciano
    Options
    Going shopping in my jewelry box. My rings keep shifting fingers and I can wear some that I have not had on for year. Very fun. :)
  • Farback
    Farback Posts: 1,069 Member
    Options
    d_thomas02 wrote: »
    Since restarting my weight loss and fitness program at the beginning of this year, my FitBit Charge HR says my resting heart rate has dropped from 74 bpm (Average) to 59 bpm (Excellent), just borderline with 'Athlete' for a 56 yr male.

http://www.topendsports.com/testing/heart-rate-resting-chart.htm

I'm now curious (and motivated) to see how low it will go.

Despite all my efforts I can't get mine below 72. Of course, part of it is 'dead right there' as we say in the biz.