NSV's = Non-scale Victories

Options

Replies

• luluinca
    luluinca Posts: 2,899 Member
    Options
    Celebrated my 74 Birthday (Jan 1st. Raining), today, by going for my longest bike ride in years . Woke up to a balmy 46F this AM (Sunny Florida?) rode 75 Km (45+Mi.) figured a Km a year and one to grow on LOL . Burned about 2500 Cal. should take care of some Birthday Cake(((; So you young folks , don't get discouraged, Just keep on keep n on !! (;

Happy Birthday and how awesome to have your birthday on Jan 1st............congrats on your great health and may you have many many more healthy birthdays!!! You're very inspiring and I thought I was the oldest person here........LOL

• Fugley01
    Fugley01 Posts: 45 Member
    Options
    Unfortunately over the Christmas holidays, the scale has been winning. Time to beat those numbers back.
    I went from not being able to do 2 pull-ups to being able to do 10+ I will call that a bit of an nsv.
  • Mccmack
    Mccmack Posts: 195 Member
    edited January 2016
    Options
    Fugley01 wrote: »
    Unfortunately over the Christmas holidays, the scale has been winning. Time to beat those numbers back.
    I went from not being able to do 2 pull-ups to being able to do 10+ I will call that a bit of an nsv.

Maybe the scale didn't win so much if you are heavier and can do more pull ups. Pull-up gains like that require muscle gain.
  • E_Brault
    E_Brault Posts: 362 Member
    Options
    I joined a gym! I feel like that is tantamount to my saying I am going back to college. I don't know why, but it feels so good to say I belong to a gym.
  • Farback
    Farback Posts: 1,078 Member
    Options
    E_Brault wrote: »
    I joined a gym! I feel like that is tantamount to my saying I am going back to college. I don't know why, but it feels so good to say I belong to a gym.

Good for you! Be confident, and don't give a thought to others fitness levels or attitudes, unless supportive. We all have our own path to travel.
  • mk2fit
    mk2fit Posts: 730 Member
    Options
    Does running 10k count? Huge milestone for me!
  • E_Brault
    Options
    Farback wrote: »

Good for you! Be confident, and don't give a thought to others fitness levels or attitudes, unless supportive. We all have our own path to travel.[/quote]

Thanks Farback!

• E_Brault
    Options
    mk2loser wrote: »
    Does running 10k count? Huge milestone for me!
    I can't run a 10k, so you bet it counts. Great job.

• marekdds
    marekdds Posts: 2,211 Member
    Options
    All great progress people. Keep up the good work. I can't run 10k.
  • E_Brault
    Options
    Does this count? I have been wearing size 16 jeans way past the point of their fitting me. I keep cinching my belt tighter and tighter. I wouldn't buy a size 14 bc I didn't want to waste my money. My size 14 suits are feeling loose.

For the fun of it I put on a size 10 jeans. I got them over my rump, zippered them up and buttoned them. They really are too tight and if I sat down - an organ might explode bc they are low rise jeans. The scale hasn't budged much, but I have been measuring myself and I am losing inches! It is nice to know I am ebbing closer to my goals.
  • UncleMac
    UncleMac Posts: 13,129 Member
    Options
    That counts! That's a great NSV!!
  • MostlyWater
    MostlyWater Posts: 4,294 Member
    Options
    Very good !!!
  • chamblisk
    chamblisk Posts: 296 Member
    Options
    @E_Brault - it most definately counts! I am very "frustrated" because I have actually gone out, purchased new dress pants, needed to hem them ..... and ended up taking them back for a smaller size before I got it done. THREE times! (I hate to sew but I have short legs....even the petites need to come up or I walk on the bottoms) I guess that is a good thing in terms of the remodeling of my body but it is sure a pain for a non-shopper, non-sewer who lives an hour or more from a real shopping area. I have a nice pair hanging in the closet now which I will have to remember to take back the next time we go on a "road trip" to the city. Isn't it amazing what we can do? Congratulations on your upcoming new wardrobe!!
  • E_Brault
    Options
    I love this NSV thread, because I want to be grateful for all the little changes I see.

I have lost 4 1/2 inches on my thighs and 4 inches off my waist.

But more than this - what I really want to post is: I went to Fleet Feet for a new pair of sneakers and the previous analysis, a couple of years ago, was that by being overweight it was throwing off my gait. I don't remember which way or how. All I knew was that I was on the verge of throwing off the alignment of my back, hips, knees and ankles.

So around last week, Fleet Feet did a new analysis and my gait is neutral. This is tremendous. I'm going to get old anyway and slowly my body will deteriorate - but I'm in no rush to get there!!!
  • JMarcella57
    JMarcella57 Posts: 1,902 Member
    Options
    E_Brault wrote: »
    ... I went to Fleet Feet for a new pair of sneakers and the previous analysis, a couple of years ago, was that by being overweight it was throwing off my gait. I don't remember which way or how. All I knew was that I was on the verge of throwing off the alignment of my back, hips, knees and ankles.

So around last week, Fleet Feet did a new analysis and my gait is neutral. This is tremendous. I'm going to get old anyway and slowly my body will deteriorate - but I'm in no rush to get there!!!

That is fantastic!
  • Farback
    Farback Posts: 1,078 Member
    Options
    100 lbs overhead press for reps. Who you calling granpappy boy?
  • E_Brault
    Options
    Farback wrote: »
    100 lbs overhead press for reps. Who you calling granpappy boy?

I'm excited for you!

• gmoo150
    gmoo150 Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    Thanks to all who post here -- it's a great reminder that the number on the scale isn't the only indicator that the changes we make add up to better health and happiness!
  • sunman00
    sunman00 Posts: 872 Member
    Options
    NSV - my eyesight through my driving glasses has gone blurry so I went for an eye test today; turns out that after my weight loss my eyesight has improved! so I don't need that strength glasses! so I've got a sparkly new set of weaker lenses in my frames & the world looks good again; cool or what???
  • UncleMac
    UncleMac Posts: 13,129 Member
    Options
    sunman00 wrote: »
    NSV - my eyesight through my driving glasses has gone blurry so I went for an eye test today; turns out that after my weight loss my eyesight has improved! so I don't need that strength glasses! so I've got a sparkly new set of weaker lenses in my frames & the world looks good again; cool or what???
    I've never heard of that as a possible effect. Wow!! How awesome!!