NSV's = Non-scale Victories

Options

Replies

• UncleMac
    UncleMac Posts: 13,129 Member
    Options
    djscavone wrote: »
    Ran a 5k Nov 7 and did it in 25.25. Then ran another Nov 21 and did it in 25.05. Never thought I would get less than 30 minutes. Never thought I could do 2 in one month (and not require an EMT at the finish!).
    Well done!! Great NSV!!

The last time I ran a 5k, a fair amount of walking was involved since I wasn't much prepared (loooong story) but it was for charity so I powered through.
  • barbh2001
    barbh2001 Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    bm1409 wrote: »
    My daughter bought me some "fit into" jeans last Christmas that has been hanging in my closet, waiting for me to fit into. Today I pulled them out and I can actually fit into them. I have to admit they dont look great ( can see bulges here and there), but Im hoping by this Christmas they look good enough to wear. I think I may hang them in the kitchen to be a constant reminder of things to come. :smile:

I have a 'fit into' dress! I bought it when I was shopping with my daughter. It was her idea. I won't make it by Christmas, but I just hung it up in a more prominent spot to remind me. That's not a NSV yet. But this morning, I was doing (modified) pushups and saw a tiny muscle in my arm I hadn't seen before. Feeling pretty fit!
  • marekdds
    marekdds Posts: 2,211 Member
    Options
    Congrats to you both! Running when you never thought you could and finding long lost muscles is great fun.
  • E_Brault
    E_Brault Posts: 362 Member
    Options
    UncleMac wrote: »
    Well done, Eileen! I think you'll find that many of the little chores around the place require a bit of time and the willingness to give it a try.

I'm learning so the smallest of things take me a long time, but that is ok. I worked hard, I bought this house and I will maintain it. I found a DIY Homeowner board; I hope I can find it again. I watch YouTube. If I can't do it myself, then at least I will know how it is supposed to be done. What a workout I had yesterday - in the garden!

@Farback That is a pretty impressive weight bench. Soon I will have free weights and a bench to do leg curls, but I'm just starting.

Kudos Wayne - on getting hit on. Keep up what you are doing - IT'S WORKING!

• MostlyWater
    MostlyWater Posts: 4,294 Member
    Options
    djscavone wrote: »
    Ran a 5k Nov 7 and did it in 25.25. Then ran another Nov 21 and did it in 25.05. Never thought I would get less than 30 minutes. Never thought I could do 2 in one month (and not require an EMT at the finish!).

Super !
  • E_Brault
    E_Brault Posts: 362 Member
    Options
    NSV: I got down on all fours and played with my dog and her new ball. I didn't even give it a second thought, like oh my pants are tight or my knees hurt. If was great to just enjoy my dog. We had such a good time.
  • luluinca
    luluinca Posts: 2,899 Member
    Options
    This one made me a little bit apprehensive but I took it as a compliment from my husband.......last night he said, "I don't think you look old like I do".

He seems to think he's aging a little faster than I am, which makes me a little bit sad but obviously....it doesn't matter to me after 37 years of a great marriage!

And speaking of admirers, I have one at the gym................ugggghhhh. It's very awkward!!!
  • Farback
    Farback Posts: 1,078 Member
    Options
    Tell the gym creep your two lifting buddies from Canada will ride their bikes down there and kick his *kitten* for him.
  • UncleMac
    Options
    Farback wrote: »
    Tell the gym creep your two lifting buddies from Canada will ride their bikes down there and kick his *kitten* for him.
    Yup!
  • RodaRose
    RodaRose Posts: 9,562 Member
    Options
    @djscavone Good times, Dan. :)
  • marekdds
    Options
    Looks like they have got your back lulu, lol!
  • Farback
    Options
    Took my hunting bow for a walk in the woods today. All I got was cold.
  • Mccmack
    Mccmack Posts: 195 Member
    Options
    Have run three miles in 30 minutes several times in tha last few weeks. After not being able to run for two years due to my Achilles, this is gratifying. Maybe I can do a few races this year. Also bench pressed 235 six times the other day.
  • Farback
    Options
    Mccmack wrote: »
    Have run three miles in 30 minutes several times in tha last few weeks. After not being able to run for two years due to my Achilles, this is gratifying. Maybe I can do a few races this year. Also bench pressed 235 six times the other day.

Very impressive
  • marekdds
    Options
    Impressive, Indeed!
  • UncleMac
    Options
    Mccmack wrote: »
    Good work!! Achilles is painful and slow to rehab as I understand.
  • Mccmack
    Mccmack Posts: 195 Member
    Options
    Yes, if you do a google search for Achilles injury, you will find a lot of people having chronic problems. I found the below website on an MFP discussion. I have been doing the eccentric heal drops suggested by the link and it has helped me get to a point where I can run again. It is an interesting article if anyone cares to read it.

http://runnersconnect.net/running-injury-prevention/achilles-tendonitis-and-insertional-achilles-tendinopathy-in-runners/
  • Farback
    Options
    Multitasking
    Workout and standby burgers at the fire hall. We have crews out on a large hazmat, so we're all here. Off to training at 19:00. Hazmat crew likely our all night.
    vm8xv7sfopyi.jpeg
    r57ly8lnwela.jpeg
  • Farback
    Options
    Workouts pay off. Even my fire truck is commenting on my abs
    ox4yr8lh66ck.jpeg
  • MSDave
    MSDave Posts: 116 Member
    Options
    Just had annual physical. Thirty-three pounds lower than last physical.
    Dr. reduced my high blood pressure meds 50%.