NSV's = Non-scale Victories

Options

Replies

• UncleMac
    UncleMac Posts: 13,016 Member
    Options
    In yoga class on Monday, I knelt to roll up my yoga mat. As I was finishing, it felt like I accidentally sat on the edge of a yoga block or something... So I looked and realized my heel was touching my glute. When I focused, I realized I was touching both heels to their respective glutes.

While that might not sound impressive, the simple fact of the matter is my flexibility was so compromised, I wasn't able to sit on my heels before this. Yoga works.
  • marekdds
    marekdds Posts: 2,208 Member
    Options
    That is huge. There are many yoga poses I can't do b/c I can't sit on my heels. KUDOS!
  • luluinca
    luluinca Posts: 2,899 Member
    Options
    UncleMac wrote: »
    In yoga class on Monday, I knelt to roll up my yoga mat. As I was finishing, it felt like I accidentally sat on the edge of a yoga block or something... So I looked and realized my heel was touching my glute. When I focused, I realized I was touching both heels to their respective glutes.

While that might not sound impressive, the simple fact of the matter is my flexibility was so compromised, I wasn't able to sit on my heels before this. Yoga works.

Excellent!!!

I finally graduated to the tallest box this week for my step ups so I know exactly how you feel. Flexibility and mobility are huge as we age.
  • UncleMac
    Options
    I've used my body fairly roughly over the years so I bring quite a legacy of theoretically healed injuries to training. It's encourages me to see progress as I figured the best I might hope for would be to slow the onset of arthritis and maintain bone density.
  • MostlyWater
    MostlyWater Posts: 4,294 Member
    Options
    My body aches. Not sure that's a NSV - tune in next week, when I take all the same classes again. If my body doesn't ache then, then that's a NSV !
  • UncleMac
    Options
    My body aches. Not sure that's a NSV - tune in next week, when I take all the same classes again. If my body doesn't ache then, then that's a NSV !

If the aches are from a good workout, that is it's own reward and therefore an NSV.
  • Abm4n
    Abm4n Posts: 529 Member
    Options
    I invited my 15 y.o. daughter to my regular yoga class last night. That was a very proud moment for me. Dad rocks.
  • MostlyWater
    Options
    that's super! the only time dd did yoga with me, she laughed the entire time.
  • E_Brault
    E_Brault Posts: 362 Member
    Options
    I was in my easy chair and my dog was rolling around on her back in front of me. Without thinking, I leaned all the way forward and rubbed her belly. I haven't been able to do that in quite some time. She was surprised, but begged for more attention. ynb99ja7u1f8.jpeg
  • E_Brault
    Options
    y5mhmj3veyqb.jpeg
    In this one, you can actually see her face.
  • chamblisk
    chamblisk Posts: 296 Member
    Options
    And a beautiful little smoochy face it is, too!
  • E_Brault
    Options
    chamblisk wrote: »
    And a beautiful little smoochy face it is, too!

Yours looks like it would keep both of us busy. How old is he or she? What breed? She/he?

• MostlyWater
    Options
    My gym's interactive spin classes sends us the results via phone app. I noticed that those who come in with low stats don't return. Except MEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE
  • Farback
    Farback Posts: 1,069 Member
    Options
    My gym's interactive spin classes sends us the results via phone app. I noticed that those who come in with low stats don't return. Except MEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

It's not that the low performers don't want to return... Have you watched 'Soylent Green'? What do you think is in that pre-workout shake?

• UncleMac
    Options
    Farback wrote: »

It's not that the low performers don't want to return... Have you watched 'Soylent Green'? What do you think is in that pre-workout shake?
    Bwahahaha!! I knew it was protein but I never asked what kind.
  • E_Brault
    Options
    I didn't think I would feel so peculiar, when it came time to donate my clothes, but I mustered up the courage to get rid of 10 articles of clothing. So much more to go!
  • UncleMac
    Options
    E_Brault wrote: »
    I didn't think I would feel so peculiar, when it came time to donate my clothes, but I mustered up the courage to get rid of 10 articles of clothing. So much more to go!
    I have to go through my clothing too. I have some stuff kept for sentimental reasons from +30 years ago. No chance of those fitting ever again!!
  • nikkib0103
    nikkib0103 Posts: 968 Member
    Options
    I have to go through my clothing too. I have some stuff kept for sentimental reasons from +30 years ago. No chance of those fitting ever again!!

I did a good clothing purge a month or so ago. I did get rid of a few 'sentimental' pieces. I still have a cocktail dress I am bound and determined to wear again. But I got rid of a lot just the same. As I lose weight and the oversized stuff I still wear just gets to be too ridiculously large, I will purge again. By next summer all I want to have are nice clothes that Ft, preferably several sizes smaller!
  • UncleMac
    Options
    nikkib0103 wrote: »

I did a good clothing purge a month or so ago. I did get rid of a few 'sentimental' pieces. I still have a cocktail dress I am bound and determined to wear again. But I got rid of a lot just the same. As I lose weight and the oversized stuff I still wear just gets to be too ridiculously large, I will purge again. By next summer all I want to have are nice clothes that Ft, preferably several sizes smaller!
    Even if I should ever get that small again, I doubt I would break out the 1980s clothes as my taste is slightly more refined now than back then... lol
  • Farback
    Farback Posts: 1,069 Member
    Options
    Set of 5 squats at 305, new PB!

wp7nz07r9mxd.jpeg