NSV's = Non-scale Victories

Options

Replies

• UncleMac
    UncleMac Posts: 13,016 Member
    Options
    camblin wrote: »
    0un795sigotb.jpg Last summer's jeans...this summer's jeans.
    That's remarkable!! Well done!!
  • MostlyWater
    MostlyWater Posts: 4,294 Member
    Options
    Nice !
  • UncleMac
    Options
    As foretold, the max test was this evening...

After a brief warm-up, things got serious quickly. The leg press sequence was as follows:

Single legs 10x 180lbs each leg, then both legs 20x 450lbs (same as previous session), then...

15x 540lbs
    12x 585lbs
    10x 630lbs
    6x 720lbs
    4x 810lbs
    1x 850lbs

To be clear, each rep was a full rep. In other words, the lift-off didn't count as a rep. So I lifted off 850lbs, did a full rep and then parked it properly. Not bad for a 51 year old who has been lifting regularly for less than a year.
  • Farback
    Farback Posts: 1,069 Member
    Options
    Fantastic! Congrats.
  • UncleMac
    Options
    Farback wrote: »
    Fantastic! Congrats.
    Thank you. Anyone wanna take bets on whether I'll be sore tomorrow or not? lol
  • UncleMac
    Options
    http://www.livestrong.com/article/368257-the-average-weight-for-leg-press-exercises/

I figured my one rep max was above average but then I thought... what is average? According to LiveStrong, the average person can leg press 1.8 to 2.2 times their body weight. I'm at 3.3 times.
  • marekdds
    marekdds Posts: 2,208 Member
    Options
    Not taking that bet. Hope it isn't too bad.
  • Farback
    Farback Posts: 1,069 Member
    Options
    Rack pulls at 325 for three sets of five with Led Zephlin's Kashmin cranked on the fire department sound system. ytadhdi89z3l.jpg
    Another grand day on the blue side of the dirt.
  • UncleMac
    Options
    marekdds wrote: »
    Not taking that bet. Hope it isn't too bad.
    Surprisingly good, actually. The most sensation is the knees with a bit of stiffness in the hips & glutes.

Well done, Farback! I'm looking forward to getting more upper body involvement as I build forward.

In an attempt to address the legacy injury in my left shoulder, the personal trainer introduced some alternative lifts and inadvertently strained my elbow. Normally 'tennis elbow' is caused by repetitive motions built up over time whereas this was more acute.

Rehab mainly involves avoiding re-injury by modifying activity until the muscles & ligaments heal. So I don't do any deadlifts or bench press. As I understand it, when the wrist is pronated (internal rotation), the bones of the forearm cross, causing a pressure point close to the elbow.

r401.jpg

It's getting better slowly. Normally, I'm pretty patient but this seems to be taking forever...
  • mk2fit
    mk2fit Posts: 730 Member
    Options
    WTG @UncleMac, @Farback, and @camblin! Great strides all of you!
    I ran 5.39 miles today! A year ago, climbing the stairs was a biggie.
  • E_Brault
    E_Brault Posts: 362 Member
    Options
    About a week ago, my neighbor across the street came over and wanted to know EVERYTHING I am doing to lose weight. The day before my dry cleaner asked that I write everything down that I am doing because 'I look so great.'

The neighbor couldn't believe I would tell her everything. Lol.
  • UncleMac
    Options
    @mk2loser, that's awesome! It must feel great to see such remarkable improvements!!
  • nikkib0103
    nikkib0103 Posts: 968 Member
    Options
    Everyone is doing great!
  • kevingacke
    kevingacke Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    Another 10 mile walk in the books. Two weeks until the 1/2 marathon. Feeling pretty good about it.
  • marekdds
    marekdds Posts: 2,208 Member
    Options
    mkloser2, wonderful, feels so good. Mac don't kill yourself. Farback still amazing!
  • MostlyWater
    MostlyWater Posts: 4,294 Member
    Options
    Super!
  • mk2fit
    mk2fit Posts: 730 Member
    Options
    Great job @kevingacke
  • Walkingoffthelbs
    Walkingoffthelbs Posts: 43 Member
    Options
    Excellent @kevingacke - keep it going