NSV's = Non-scale Victories

Options

Replies

• MSDave
    MSDave Posts: 116 Member
    Options
    camblin wrote: »
    It took a lot of work, but I can finally do a proper sit-up...for the first time in 26 years. After three c-sections (the first was an emergency, so they just sliced through muscle) and two incisional hernia repairs (lots of mesh and staples!), I really didn't think that would ever happen again.

That is awesome!
  • nikkib0103
    nikkib0103 Posts: 968 Member
    Options
    Lost 3 inches from waist and 2 from hips.
  • BRaye325
    BRaye325 Posts: 1,383 Member
    Options
    Way to go Nikki!
  • marekdds
    marekdds Posts: 2,209 Member
    Options
    All right Nikki! My NSV was shopping for 6 hours with my daughters and I didn't collapse,, lol.
  • nikkib0103
    Options
    marekdds wrote: »
    All right Nikki! My NSV was shopping for 6 hours with my daughters and I didn't collapse,, lol.

LOL. I despise shopping. I usually collapse upon entering the store. Did you get something nice for yourself?
  • BRaye325
    Options
    We had a 50th Anniversary party for my favorite Aunt & Uncle this weekend. I needed to wear a suit & tie, so I had to go through my closet and find some clothes that still fit.
    First thing I pulled out was a suit I bought for a wedding we went to just before I started on MFP last year. I put it on and just had to laugh. I looked like a little kid trying on his Dad's suit. I checked the sizes and discovered that I've lost 12" in my waist and 4.5" in my neck.

69sucdckxuk2.jpg
  • klkarlen
    klkarlen Posts: 4,366 Member
    Options
    BRaye325 wrote: »
    We had a 50th Anniversary party for my favorite Aunt & Uncle this weekend. I needed to wear a suit & tie, so I had to go through my closet and find some clothes that still fit.
    First thing I pulled out was a suit I bought for a wedding we went to just before I started on MFP last year. I put it on and just had to laugh. I looked like a little kid trying on his Dad's suit. I checked the sizes and discovered that I've lost 12" in my waist and 4.5" in my neck.

This is a fantastic NSV! Congrats, loved the smile on your face!
  • sunnyazgirl
    sunnyazgirl Posts: 271 Member
    Options
    marekdds wrote: »
    Time for new undies, lol terrific NSV
    I just had to go out and buy some new, also. When you have to buy them make sure they are pretty. We deserve it!
  • sunnyazgirl
    sunnyazgirl Posts: 271 Member
    edited September 2015
    Options
    That is wonderful! You look great. :) I call those "Clown Clothes". :D

I just sent three big trash bags full of too big clothing to Good Will. Some of it wasn't that old and had a range of size 18 - 24. I am now in a size 14! We are going on 18 night vacation with no laundry facilities, so I have had to do some major shopping. It's a good thing there are so many sales on this last weekend, Now, to go find some new underwear.... ;)
  • nikkib0103
    Options

69sucdckxuk2.jpg

Whim there's room for you and your wife in that suit! You need a new suit!
  • Standsfast
    Standsfast Posts: 77 Member
    Options
    Attended a 2 day and one night defensive handgun course, with world class instructor John Farnam. Ran at the range and shot with the men, passed the final exam--no way I could've done that 35 pounds ago! (I am 52 yo woman) :smiley:
  • camblin
    camblin Posts: 38 Member
    Options
    Attended a 2 day and one night defensive handgun course, with world class instructor John Farnam. Ran at the range and shot with the men, passed the final exam--no way I could've done that 35 pounds ago! (I am 52 yo woman) :smiley:
    That sounds like fun! I've wanted to do that for years. Congratulations!
  • MostlyWater
    MostlyWater Posts: 4,294 Member
    Options
    I'm usually the oldest at the interactive Spin class that I take, but I'm not the slowest or the worst !!!! I know, I get the stats afterwards !!! And it shows who the worst ones are !!!
  • mjguthrie1
    mjguthrie1 Posts: 155 Member
    Options
    I stopped tracking my food a couple of months ago. I could tell a difference, one week the weight is down and the next back up. When I was tracking daily I was consistently losing every week even if it was only a half pound at a time. My NSV is tracking everything I ate, even the 2 pieces of sugar free hard candy, for the past 4 days. I plan to make tomorrow day 5.
  • marekdds
    marekdds Posts: 2,209 Member
    Options
    Good deal, tracking is key.
  • chamblisk
    chamblisk Posts: 296 Member
    Options
    Was able to get back in the pool for the first time in several weeks. Wasn't until I headed to the showers that I realized I didn't have my beach towel, just the little bath towel I use for my hair. Guess what? It wrapped around me no problem! No indecent exposures.
  • camblin
    camblin Posts: 38 Member
    Options
    Went to the Women's Fair last night and stopped at one of my friends' booth. She sells Plexus and had little forms at her table to register for a prize. One of the questions was "How much weight do you want to lose?" I was able to check the "less than 20 lbs" box. I had to gloat a little as we have been sharing our weight-loss and workout progress for the last few months. MFP and my fitbit are beating her expensive pills and powders.
  • AlecB62
    AlecB62 Posts: 264 Member
    Options
    34" waist jeans that were snug when I bought about a month ago definitely need a belt now, unless I want that gangsta look that the kids like these days
  • BRaye325
    Options
    I just had to bring in two 5 gallon water bottles (84 lbs) in from my car to our second floor office. After climbing the stairs and huffing and puffing, I realized last year I was carrying more than that around all day, everyday. This time I got to put them down and walk away!
  • nikkib0103
    Options
    I just had to bring in two 5 gallon water bottles (84 lbs) in from my car to our second floor office. After climbing the stairs and huffing and puffing, I realized last year I was carrying more than that around all day, everyday. This time I got to put them down and walk away!

Amazing isn't it?