sunnyazgirl Posts: 271 Member
    Options
    lorrpb wrote: »
    30 pull ups on the EQ bar. Felt great!!

Wow! I am impressed. :)
  • MSDave
    MSDave Posts: 116 Member
    Options
    Monthly donuts and coffee after church yesterday. I'm in the group that sponsors it. I had coffee, but no donuts. It will be tougher in 2 months though, it's my turn to get the donuts and the person who gets the donuts gets to take extras home.
    Any suggestions for next time?
  • sunnyazgirl
    edited August 2015
    Options
    MSDave wrote: »
    Monthly donuts and coffee after church yesterday. I'm in the group that sponsors it. I had coffee, but no donuts. It will be tougher in 2 months though, it's my turn to get the donuts and the person who gets the donuts gets to take extras home.
    Any suggestions for next time?

Give them away! Donuts are my bugaboo, my biggest craving and the things I cannot stop eating when I start. I also thnk they will pack on pounds quicker than any single thing on earth! :o Once, when I had a big plae of extras that I did not want to take home I gave them to a very grateful homeless man I passed on the way. He was happy and so was my waistline.
  • MostlyWater
    MostlyWater Posts: 4,294 Member
    Options
    I helped a beginner today at the gym. I'm not the strongest or the most fit, but that doesn't mean I don't have a lot to offer!
  • Slashnl
    Slashnl Posts: 339 Member
    Options
    I helped a beginner today at the gym. I'm not the strongest or the most fit, but that doesn't mean I don't have a lot to offer!

That's a good one! Sometimes we don't have enough confidence in what we're doing to help anyone else. It's really good to get past that and realize that you do have a lot to offer!
  • nikkib0103
    nikkib0103 Posts: 968 Member
    Options
    I went to a wedding on Saturday, and for the first time in years, felt absolutely smoking hot in public. I wore a smashing designer dress and really shocked and surprised people who hadn't seen me in a while or had seen me recently but not dressed to kill. I have the next family wedding in 40 weeks, by which time, if all goes well, I will have reached goal. It will be at the beach. Maybe a bikini for when we are all laying out trying to get some color? The possibility boggles the mind!
  • marekdds
    marekdds Posts: 2,209 Member
    Options
    Congratulations Nikki! Feels so good!
  • camblin
    camblin Posts: 38 Member
    Options
    I do almost all my walking and all of my jogging on my treadmill because it has a "soft" platform and sets a consistent pace. I would like to be able to do some of the area 5Ks, but wasn't sure how I would fare jogging on solid ground. I've had degenerative arthritis since my early 20s and have a lot of joint damage. Tonight I decided to try it out and survived 2.14 miles before it got dark enough that I couldn't see what was on the road. (I live way out in the country, on a dirt road, so some of the night prowlers are things I would rather not encounter.) I was pretty pleased for my first "outside" jog in 27 years. Actually, I'm just thrilled that I can jog at all because I used to enjoy it so much, and had to stop after several injuries. I didn't think I would ever be able to do it again.
  • Slashnl
    Slashnl Posts: 339 Member
    Options
    camblin: That's so great!!!!
  • BRaye325
    BRaye325 Posts: 1,383 Member
    Options
    ^^^ Ditto - That's so awesome for you!
  • marekdds
    Options
    That is wonderful! Do what you can, but you don't have to push.
  • MSDave
    Options
    My somewhat NSV is I ordered a new pair of walking shoes because I wore the other ones out. Not really a victory but at least the shoes are being used.
  • nikkib0103
    nikkib0103 Posts: 968 Member
    Options
    It is a victory, MSDave. How many of us have or know someone who has a treadmill that is a clothes depository, exercise dvd's still in the plastic wrap with an inch of dust on them, and on and on. An item intended for exercise that actually gets worn counts as an NSV.
  • MSDave
    Options
    Ok. Thanks Nikki
  • chamblisk
    chamblisk Posts: 296 Member
    Options
    Not just worn...worn out! Way to go!
  • chamblisk
    chamblisk Posts: 296 Member
    Options
    I really needed some "summer" pants but have put it off because school is out and I can wear almost anything to work right now. However, I have to spend 2 weeks at our State Fair and I decided I really couldn't keep hauling up the jeans I have been wearing, not to mention they would be really too warm in our building if the weather is hot. So, I decided to check out the local thrift store for something to tide me over for a couple of weeks. Score! Not only was I able to buy 6 pair of nice quality capris for the cost of the one pair of dress pants I got last week, they were all size 14! It was not a fluke! Good-bye droopy jeans!!
  • marekdds
    Options
    That is fantastic, both on the loss and the score!
  • scolaris
    scolaris Posts: 2,145 Member
    Options
    Great job everybody! These stories are great!
  • SeriouslySta
    SeriouslySta Posts: 458 Member
    Options
    The shirt I am wearing is an Old Navy Men's Large.

Not an Extra Extra Extra Large; not even an Extra Large.

A Large.

And it's not too tight.

• sunnyazgirl
    Options
    The shirt I am wearing is an Old Navy Men's Large.

Not an Extra Extra Extra Large; not even an Extra Large.

A Large.

And it's not too tight.
    Yayyy!!! :)