mk2fit Posts: 730 Member
    Options
    like, like, like and like!!!
  • Farback
    Farback Posts: 1,069 Member
    Options
    lorrpb wrote: »
    I did a 5k on Sunday that gave me several NSVs:
    Beat least year's time by 30 min, yes I was SLOOOW last year (last out of 901 entrants) due to shin splints and being new at all this.

Ran most of the last 6 min with a friend who does 5Ks several times a year (see profile pic) my longest run so far.

In our pics, I looked as thin and fit (or more so) than my friend who, although not "skinny", definitely isn't "fat". So cool! I'm used to being the blimp in the pic. And I still have 50 pounds left to lose.

Got race shirt 3 unisex sizes smaller than last year's and its almost too big.

67388953.png

That is fantastic! I haven't raced in 20 years, but I run 5Ks for exercise, five of them last week while on vacation. I've only got a bit of weight to loose, 195 to 165, at 186 now, but success stories like yours are inspiring.
  • nikkib0103
    nikkib0103 Posts: 968 Member
    Options
    Awesome, all. of you! and lorrpb 101 lbs. lost! Wow!
  • camblin
    camblin Posts: 38 Member
    Options
    I'll take this as a NSV...I went to the Chamber's wine tasting fund-raiser, and people I have known for years didn't recognize me.
  • sunnyazgirl
    sunnyazgirl Posts: 271 Member
    edited August 2015
    Options
    Congratulations for all of the hard won NSV's listed above!

I received the FitBit Italy Badge yesterday. I guess that means I have now walked enough steps to walk across Italy! I got my FitBt for Christmas and have been wearing it since, although only when dressed since it clips to my clothes. So those steps I walk in my pj's does not count, which some days may be quite a few, LOL! :

My latest scale victory is hitting the 105 pound down mark - which puts me just 5 pounds from my cruise weight goal of 110 pounds down. We leave for a Panama Canal cruise in 6 weeks. I still have 55 pounds to go until goal weight, but I can see the light at the end of the tunnel.
  • BRaye325
    BRaye325 Posts: 1,383 Member
    Options
    ^^^ love that Camblin!

My 11 mile bike ride got rained out yesterday and I was scheduled to go 7 miles today. So I just combined them and rode 18 miles today. Puts me at 150 miles for August. Sometimes it pays to be a stubborn old SOB!
  • camblin
    Options
    BRaye325 wrote: »
    Sometimes it pays to be a stubborn old SOB!

This is why my kids won't do Fitbit challenges with me, anymore. I just refuse to let them win.
  • nikkib0103
    Options
    I love these victories!
  • MostlyWater
    MostlyWater Posts: 4,294 Member
    Options
    I sweat a lot. The more fit you are, the more you sweat, right? I should be happy.
  • LoreA1960
    LoreA1960 Posts: 107 Member
    Options
    My panties are way too big now!!
  • marekdds
    marekdds Posts: 2,208 Member
    Options
    Time for new undies, lol terrific NSV
  • nikkib0103
    Options
    My undies are getting too big too. I am so focused on clothes fitting that I didn't realize that I can fit a watermelon inside some of my undies, with me in them as well!
  • kjurassic
    kjurassic Posts: 571 Member
    Options
    A coworker said I was athletic...Me, athletic? ??!!! Who knew???!!! (Felt awesome )
  • klkarlen
    klkarlen Posts: 4,366 Member
    Options
    kjurassic wrote: »
    A coworker said I was athletic...Me, athletic? ??!!! Who knew???!!! (Felt awesome )

Good job!

Similar - my daughter told me my ex said to her "not everyone is fit like your mother". I'm surprised he noticed.
  • camblin
    Options
    I was looking at pictures from my recent (and rare) night out with my daughter, and I realized that I have a genuine smile on my face...not an awkward "someone is taking a picture so I better try to smile" smile, but an honest "I'm having a wonderful time" smile. I actually VOLUNTEERED to be in pictures instead of coming up with excuses to avoid them. It is amazing how much more fun life is when you don't feel perpetually self-conscious because of your size.
  • marekdds
    Options
    That is a huge NSV! Being comfortable in our own skin is a tough achievement. Congratulations!
  • MostlyWater
    MostlyWater Posts: 4,294 Member
    Options
    camblin wrote: »
    I was looking at pictures from my recent (and rare) night out with my daughter, and I realized that I have a genuine smile on my face...not an awkward "someone is taking a picture so I better try to smile" smile, but an honest "I'm having a wonderful time" smile. I actually VOLUNTEERED to be in pictures instead of coming up with excuses to avoid them. It is amazing how much more fun life is when you don't feel perpetually self-conscious because of your size.

That is super !

• camblin
    Options
    It took a lot of work, but I can finally do a proper sit-up...for the first time in 26 years. After three c-sections (the first was an emergency, so they just sliced through muscle) and two incisional hernia repairs (lots of mesh and staples!), I really didn't think that would ever happen again.
  • nikkib0103
    Options

camblin wrote: »
    It took a lot of work, but I can finally do a proper sit-up...for the first time in 26 years. After three c-sections (the first was an emergency, so they just sliced through muscle) and two incisional hernia repairs (lots of mesh and staples!), I really didn't think that would ever happen again.

That's awesome!
  • marekdds
    Options
    Congratulations, just shows, we can do just about anything, if we keep at it.