NSV's = Non-scale Victories

Options

Replies

• Farback
    Farback Posts: 1,069 Member
    Options
    Pulling down 320 for set of 5 on lat pull downs. Physics is starting to be a problem as I'm lifting myself clear of the mat initially.
  • UncleMac
    UncleMac Posts: 13,016 Member
    edited September 2015
    Options
    I went by the dietitian's office today for the first time in +two years. The main athletic trainer greeted me warmly and said I looked like I was walking taller than when she last saw me. Not sure if that was a comment of weight as much as on my overall appearance but I'll take whatever I gets. :D
  • MostlyWater
    MostlyWater Posts: 4,294 Member
    Options
    Doing great !!!
  • sunnyazgirl
    sunnyazgirl Posts: 271 Member
    Options
    I started walking with 3 pound hand weights. Since my upper body strength is so poor that is a big deal for me. I can do a mile now with the weights. Without the weights I can go two miles, so that is my next goal - two miles with the weights!
  • nikkib0103
    nikkib0103 Posts: 968 Member
    Options
    I had a minor miracle at the supermarket the other day. The boyfriend and I wanted ice cream. There was some delicious looking fudge chocolate ice cream. Calories 250 for half a cup and 11 grams of fat. So I (regretfully and mournfully) put it back and chose Blood Orange sorbet. 130 for half a cup and 0 grams of fat. It was very tasty. this is a rare sweets substitution I can live with.
  • chamblisk
    chamblisk Posts: 296 Member
    Options
    @nikkib0103 - Recently, I also discovered the satisfaction of sorbet. It was cold and tasty and not something I would have chosen previously (especially if fudgy chocolate was available!) Nice NSV.
  • mk2fit
    mk2fit Posts: 730 Member
    Options
    @nikkib0103 I found Edy's Churned Chocolate Fudge Brownie for 110 calories for a half cup!! I also love Blood Orange sorbet.
  • nikkib0103
    Options
    mk2loser wrote: »
    @nikkib0103 I found Edy's Churned Chocolate Fudge Brownie for 110 calories for a half cup!! I also love Blood Orange sorbet.

I will have to check it out. It sounds yummy and I dearly love chocolate ice cream. I am the one who goes places famed for having 1600 different flavors and orders chocolate!
  • BRaye325
    BRaye325 Posts: 1,383 Member
    Options
    I found Kemp's Black Jack Cherry Frozen Yogurt. 110 cals per half cup and it has chocolate chunks and black cherry pieces in it. It's been my most recent favorite. My Jewel carries it.
  • nikkib0103
    Options
    BRaye325 wrote: »
    I found Kemp's Black Jack Cherry Frozen Yogurt. 110 cals per half cup and it has chocolate chunks and black cherry pieces in it. It's been my most recent favorite. My Jewel carries it.

Sounds yummy. Not familiar with Kemps. Will see if they carry it here.
  • sunnyazgirl
    sunnyazgirl Posts: 271 Member
    Options
    For me it is the Skinny Cow Chocolate (100 calories) or Caramel Truffle (110 calories) ice cream bars. They are drizzled in a thread of crunchy chocolate and also has a "treat" of a glob of chocolate at the end of the bar - just when you thought it was all gone! They keep me sane. I have one several times a week. B)
  • UncleMac
    Options
  • chamblisk
    chamblisk Posts: 296 Member
    Options
    Blah!!! All this talk about ice cream and I had to go get some! However, I just had 1/3 cup instead of 2 full cups. (It was 1/3 instead of 1/4 because there was a nice big chunck of chocolate I wanted!) Does that count?
  • Farback
    Options
    UncleMac wrote: »
    Nice bike in your profile pic. Here's my baby loaded up for a camping trip.
  • Farback
    Options
    Farback wrote: »
    Farback wrote: »
    Well that didn't work...
    jlx10toos7wv.jpg

• MostlyWater
    MostlyWater Posts: 4,294 Member
    Options
    Nice !
  • Farback
    Options
    Thanks! I ride pretty much every day from May through to October. Once it gets below freezing I'm back on four wheels.
  • UncleMac
    Options
    I save the bike for the weekend and longer tours. In that picture, I was on Prince Edward Island about 900 miles from Ottawa. Here's what she looks like cleaned up at home.

2015-07-05.jpg
  • nikkib0103
    Options
    Yesterday I cleaned out my drawers and closet. I donated numerous pieces that are too big for me. Even though I wore some of these pieces just last week! Because I am going to now dress for where I am at, and not holding on to stuff in case I gain. This is huge for me. I did keep a couple of larger t's for hanging around the house or sleeping but they are not going to be worn in public. I have always been afraid to toss out the bigger stuff, in case. Now I am determined to toss the safety net and just not go back.
  • BRaye325
    BRaye325 Posts: 1,383 Member
    Options
    nikkib0103 wrote: »
    Now I am determined to toss the safety net and just not go back.

That's awesome, congratulations! You should feel very liberated and getting more organized also shows that you are in control, so thrilled for you!