NSV's = Non-scale Victories

Options

Replies

• UncleMac
    UncleMac Posts: 13,092 Member
    Options
    MSDave wrote: »
    Just had annual physical. Thirty-three pounds lower than last physical.
    Dr. reduced my high blood pressure meds 50%.
    A scale-victory combined with a non-scale victory? Is that allowed??

Congrats and good work!!
  • JMarcella57
    JMarcella57 Posts: 1,902 Member
    Options
    MSDave wrote: »
    Just had annual physical. Thirty-three pounds lower than last physical.
    Dr. reduced my high blood pressure meds 50%.

Awesome NSV! and great progress!
  • MostlyWater
    MostlyWater Posts: 4,294 Member
    Options
    yay !!!
  • marekdds
    marekdds Posts: 2,209 Member
    Options
    That is wonderful!
  • E_Brault
    E_Brault Posts: 362 Member
    edited December 2015
    Options
    I retired two more pairs of beautiful slacks. Hate to see them go, but that means I can go shopping, right?
  • JMarcella57
    Options
    E_Brault wrote: »
    I retired two more pairs of beautiful slacks. Hate to see them go, but that means I can go shopping, right?

Yep. Have fun! :) ...and you should be able to catch some good sales around this time of the year.
  • MostlyWater
    Options
    I originally took Barre Burn with a sweet young dancer about a year ago and could barely do anything. I took her class twice recently and while it was still a challenge, it was doable.
  • UncleMac
    Options
    Two good NSVs from E_Brault and MostlyWater!!
  • MostlyWater
    Options
    Pilates today wasn't too bad either. The first few times I watched more than I did. And then the teacher helped me. Today I did everything on my own !!!!!
  • djscavone
    djscavone Posts: 133 Member
    Options
    new PR for a half marathon. 2 hours 5 minutes. 38th out of 57 in my age group. Won't say how many folks 70 or over beat me as that will ruin the moment…..
  • nikkib0103
    nikkib0103 Posts: 968 Member
    Options
    Everyone is doing so well!!!
  • JMarcella57
    Options
    By doing a little pre-planning and continuing to log, I was able to enjoy a few days out of town and still make good choices for food and activity. Had a great time!
  • UncleMac
    Options
    djscavone wrote: »
    new PR for a half marathon. 2 hours 5 minutes. 38th out of 57 in my age group. Won't say how many folks 70 or over beat me as that will ruin the moment…..
    Just imagine how much you'll enjoy it when you are +70 and passing the younger runners... :smiley:
  • djscavone
    djscavone Posts: 133 Member
    Options
    I know! People who think they are too old for this stuff need to come out some day. I see so many shapes and sizes and ages at 5k or half marathons and they all do so well and some really kick butt!

• luluinca
    luluinca Posts: 2,899 Member
    Options
    I know! People who think they are too old for this stuff need to come out some day. I see so many shapes and sizes and ages at 5k or half marathons and they all do so well and some really kick butt!

It's not just running either...........nothing wrong with being one of the stronger women at the gym in the early morning...........at age 65......LOL
  • E_Brault
    Options
    E_Brault wrote: »

Yep. Have fun! :) ...and you should be able to catch some good sales around this time of the year.

The sales have been so good. I don't think I will ever shop for anything unless it is Christmas. It was very easy for me to ignore the $1200 cappuccino maker at Costco. Lol

• E_Brault
    Options
    I originally took Barre Burn with a sweet young dancer about a year ago and could barely do anything. I took her class twice recently and while it was still a challenge, it was doable.
    Congrats!
  • E_Brault
    Options

What a sense of humor! Good for you #38. Don't worry about the 70 year olds, they have more practice. You can decide where you would like to be when you are 70.
  • E_Brault
    Options
    I can finally fit into my black designer dress and it is still in style! I had a little difficulty with the zipper in the back, but that has more to do with my needing greater flexibility.
  • E_Brault
    Options
    As of today I am 1.37kg/m squared away from a healthy BMI or approximately 10 pounds away from my healthy weight range. This took 33 weeks or approximately 8 months.

I was invited to a not so healthy lunch today and I passed on it. I don't want to lose any ground. I'm just not going back.