that is Super !!!
  • mk2fit
    mk2fit Posts: 730 Member
    Options
    Great jobs, all!
  • MSDave
    MSDave Posts: 116 Member
    Options
    I'm a field consultant and usually wear company logo shirts every day. Had a office day the other day so I wore a polo-type shirt - not a company shirt. Office administrator noticed that I had lost weight. Owner of company said he noticed my shirts were a bit baggy. Gave me the shirt catalog and said he'd pay for the new shirts to reward a healthy lifestyle. So new shirts will be coming soon. Yea!
  • BRaye325
    BRaye325 Posts: 1,383 Member
    Options
    ^^^ That's an awesome NSV Dave!
  • marekdds
    marekdds Posts: 2,208 Member
    Options
    That is lovely, especially when someone else rewards you for a job well done!
  • sunnyazgirl
    sunnyazgirl Posts: 271 Member
    Options
    MSDave wrote: »
    I'm a field consultant and usually wear company logo shirts every day. Had a office day the other day so I wore a polo-type shirt - not a company shirt. Office administrator noticed that I had lost weight. Owner of company said he noticed my shirts were a bit baggy. Gave me the shirt catalog and said he'd pay for the new shirts to reward a healthy lifestyle. So new shirts will be coming soon. Yea!

Wow! So nice to be recognized in the work place and positively rewarded. Perhaps it will motivate others to do the same?
  • nikkib0103
    nikkib0103 Posts: 968 Member
    Options
    MSDave, that is awesome.
  • nikkib0103
    Options
    So today I was at the library reading peacefully when all of a sudden all I could think about was chocolate. I knew if I did not have chocolate I would die on the spot. So on my way home, fantasizing ably Snickers, Milky Ways and all manner of chocolate goodness, I stopped at the store. Looked at the chocolate. saw that it was all between 210 and 250 calories. And left. I have the room for it. But I also knew that ten minutes later it would be gone and I would be annoyed that I ate 250 empty calories and would likely then have to eliminate my night snack, and I cannot go to bed hungry. So I left without any chocolate. Before you ask, no, I could NOT just have had a wee bit of it. (I can manage that with dark chocolate but dark chocolate was not going to cut it today). So I came home wild eyed and had a 40 calorie fudgesicle instead. Sort of takes care of the chocolate craving with a lot fewer calories. Six months ago, before I started MFP, I would have rationalized it away. Now I just make the better choice. Tomorrow I will be at the boyfriend's and he always keeps some Trader Joey's Dark Chocolate. I will have three squares and be fine. If I even want it by then. I am struggling to lose anything right now and making less than great choices will not help matters.
  • sunnyazgirl
    sunnyazgirl Posts: 271 Member
    Options
    nikkib0103 wrote: »
    So today I was at the library reading peacefully when all of a sudden all I could think about was chocolate. I knew if I did not have chocolate I would die on the spot. So on my way home, fantasizing ably Snickers, Milky Ways and all manner of chocolate goodness, I stopped at the store. Looked at the chocolate. saw that it was all between 210 and 250 calories. And left. I have the room for it. But I also knew that ten minutes later it would be gone and I would be annoyed that I ate 250 empty calories and would likely then have to eliminate my night snack, and I cannot go to bed hungry. So I left without any chocolate. Before you ask, no, I could NOT just have had a wee bit of it. (I can manage that with dark chocolate but dark chocolate was not going to cut it today). So I came home wild eyed and had a 40 calorie fudgesicle instead. Sort of takes care of the chocolate craving with a lot fewer calories. Six months ago, before I started MFP, I would have rationalized it away. Now I just make the better choice. Tomorrow I will be at the boyfriend's and he always keeps some Trader Joey's Dark Chocolate. I will have three squares and be fine. If I even want it by then. I am struggling to lose anything right now and making less than great choices will not help matters.
    That s a huge NSV! Congrats. It shows that you are eating intentionally, not mindlessly. That's growth. :)
  • traceyc013
    traceyc013 Posts: 132 Member
    Options
    Loving these stories. I too bypassed chocolate today. And I got up, which given how I feel is huge deal today
  • marekdds
    Options
    Marvelous Nikki! Good for you!
  • nikkib0103
    Options
    It was tough but as the day wore on the craving passed. Came in well under goal so that was reward enough.
  • marekdds
    Options
    Well done Nikki!
  • mk2fit
    mk2fit Posts: 730 Member
    Options
    Great NSVs Nikki and Dave. Yesterday, I went to the drug store to pick up my husband's prescription. The lady behind the counter, whom I haven't seen for a couple months, said, "Wow, you've lost some weight!" I replied "Yes, thanks for noticing. I feel great." She told me I look great. Happy dancing and silly grinning all day!!
  • marekdds
    Options
    You do look great and have word had to get there.
  • BRaye325
    BRaye325 Posts: 1,383 Member
    Options
    I took up riding my bicycle again a couple of months ago and I'm just loving it. It's great to find exercise that I really enjoy and it takes me back to my much younger years. I'm riding 5 mornings/week and I've logged over 150 miles this month.
  • kjurassic
    kjurassic Posts: 571 Member
    Options
    I wish there was a "like" button for these great nsv's!!!
    I suffered a disappointment with online dating this week and DID NOT run to food for comfort (which I would have immediately done in the past.) :)
  • klkarlen
    klkarlen Posts: 4,366 Member
    Options
    kjurassic wrote: »
    I wish there was a "like" button for these great nsv's!!!
    I suffered a disappointment with online dating this week and DID NOT run to food for comfort (which I would have immediately done in the past.) :)

I give you double points for this one, the thought of online dating gives me nightmares.

Today I noticed that my thigh jiggle and cellulite is gone, my bat wings are smaller, and no more muffin top!
  • kjurassic
    kjurassic Posts: 571 Member
    Options
    klkarlen - that's awesome!!!! I still have all that stuff - muffin top just smaller.... :D
  • lorrpb
    lorrpb Posts: 11,464 Member
    edited August 2015
    Options
    I did a 5k on Sunday that gave me several NSVs:
    Beat least year's time by 30 min, yes I was SLOOOW last year (last out of 901 entrants) due to shin splints and being new at all this.

Ran most of the last 6 min with a friend who does 5Ks several times a year (see profile pic) my longest run so far.

In our pics, I looked as thin and fit (or more so) than my friend who, although not "skinny", definitely isn't "fat". So cool! I'm used to being the blimp in the pic. And I still have 50 pounds left to lose.

Got race shirt 3 unisex sizes smaller than last year's and its almost too big.

67388953.png