NSV's = Non-scale Victories

Options

Replies

• marekdds
    marekdds Posts: 2,209 Member
    Options
    Kudos on your progress and skipping the unhealthy lunch!
  • Mccmack
    Mccmack Posts: 195 Member
    edited December 2015
    Options
    Took a one hour class with weights and then did 5 miles in an hour on the treadmill. Feeling really good and just doing stuff I never did before. Had to pull my belt in 2 notches because of all the water weight lost.
  • JMarcella57
    JMarcella57 Posts: 1,902 Member
    Options
    Mccmack wrote: »
    Took a one hour class with weights and then did 5 miles in an hour on the treadmill. Feeling really good and just doing stuff I never did before. Had to pull my belt in 2 notches because of all the water weight lost.

Great NSV!
  • robertw486
    robertw486 Posts: 2,390 Member
    Options
    E_Brault wrote: »
    I can finally fit into my black designer dress and it is still in style! I had a little difficulty with the zipper in the back, but that has more to do with my needing greater flexibility.

Not to be forward or anything, after all I'm a married man. But this comment is useless without pics! :p (totally kidding, they all count if someone else gets to see or not!)

As for me, time and weather have limited my biking time. Yeah it's got really nasty here, similar to spring or fall weather up north! Very few 68+ degree days to get out and bike ride.

But I've been using my elliptical to build cardio endurance, as well as some high intensity stuff to build my legs some. As well as using the heart rate monitor to better understand the relationships between output intensity and how to keep my heart rate in check. And due to that work on the elliptical, my last couple bike rides have been much more "in control" and where I have lack of traffic slowing pace, I've been killing it when I factor in my size and the equipment I'm on. I'm sure if I could get away from all traffic and test steady state pace for 1 hour, I've gained at least 2-3 MPH pace in the last year or so.
  • marekdds
    marekdds Posts: 2,209 Member
    Options
    Congrats Robert! MKing greet progress.
  • E_Brault
    E_Brault Posts: 362 Member
    Options
    Thanks, Robert. I'll put that pic up - but - for today -NSV -

I dry cleaned a bunch of clothes about a month ago. I put the stuff that fit on the left and even dry cleaned the clothing that didn't fit in a separate batch and put that on the right side of my closet.

While getting ready today, I put on a pair of dress slacks that I barely fit into about a month ago and the legs alone look like they could be taken in a couple of inches. So, I reached into the right side of my closet and these pants fit just right with a little comfort room for eating.

I'm excited, but that also means I have no jeans that fit, maybe 4 suits that do fit and a few dresses. Some of my dressy shirts are really out of date. So this morning became an event of trying on more clothing and sorting a pile for the laundry, for the dry cleaner and for donation.

Merry Christmas everyone.
  • E_Brault
    E_Brault Posts: 362 Member
    Options
    NSV - I need to punch a hole in my old favorite belt. Gosh I remember my waist being so large that the belt no longer fit.

Any ideas on how to poke a hole in this belt? What tool do I need?

Right now, I am wearing jeans that don't fit - so I really need a belt.
  • MostlyWater
    MostlyWater Posts: 4,294 Member
    Options
    Go to a shoe repair place. They should do it for free.
  • UncleMac
    UncleMac Posts: 13,081 Member
    Options

This is the tool but MostlyWater is right... Far easier to have a tailor or shoe repair make the hole than to buy a tool that you will use so rarely.
    61E8Xaf5xbL._SX450_.jpg

• UncleMac
    UncleMac Posts: 13,081 Member
    Options
    Speaking of NSV, my bro-in-law posted a picture he took of the family Christmas gathering. I've had a couple of folks comment including one lady who described me as looking 'buff'... Be still my throbbing ego!!
  • Mccmack
    Options
    I would get a block of wood, place the belt on the wood and drive a nail through the belt into the wood.
  • robertw486
    robertw486 Posts: 2,390 Member
    Options
    NSV - I need to punch a hole in my old favorite belt. Gosh I remember my waist being so large that the belt no longer fit.

Right now, I am wearing jeans that don't fit - so I really need a belt.

1st world weight losing people problems!

But it is a pain when you start losing and realize you have to downsize clothes. I went through the same phase of some clothes being on the loose side until I could get out shopping for some new stuff.
  • nikkib0103
    nikkib0103 Posts: 968 Member
    Options
    I got three new pairs of pants for Christmas. They will take me to goal, I think, then we will see.
  • lillian0010
    lillian0010 Posts: 5 Member
    edited December 2015
    Options
    *I had a goal to swim 300 miles for the year. I am at 325 miles for the year.*

Great goal Bruceapple, you did amazing
  • lillian0010
    lillian0010 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    Nice to see how well people are doing.
  • MostlyWater
    MostlyWater Posts: 4,294 Member
    Options
    yes, it is !!!!!
  • burnsgene42
    burnsgene42 Posts: 102 Member
    Options
    Celebrated my 74 Birthday (Jan 1st. Raining), today, by going for my longest bike ride in years . Woke up to a balmy 46F this AM (Sunny Florida?) rode 75 Km (45+Mi.) figured a Km a year and one to grow on LOL . Burned about 2500 Cal. should take care of some Birthday Cake(((; So you young folks , don't get discouraged, Just keep on keep n on !! (;
  • Farback
    Farback Posts: 1,069 Member
    Options
    Celebrated my 74 Birthday (Jan 1st. Raining), today, by going for my longest bike ride in years . Woke up to a balmy 46F this AM (Sunny Florida?) rode 75 Km (45+Mi.) figured a Km a year and one to grow on LOL . Burned about 2500 Cal. should take care of some Birthday Cake(((; So you young folks , don't get discouraged, Just keep on keep n on !! (;

That's amazing. I hope to be in that shape when (if) I see 74.
  • JMarcella57
    JMarcella57 Posts: 1,902 Member
    Options

Happy Birthday!
    5191ocbsz58c.jpg
  • Mccmack
    Options
    Happy birthday. That is inspiring and something I will never forget. I weigh the same today as I did on December 1st. Ready for the new year.