Replies

• marekdds
    marekdds Posts: 2,209 Member
    Options
    marvelous NSV!
  • JMarcella57
    JMarcella57 Posts: 1,902 Member
    Options
    I'm wearing a pair of shoes today that had been too tight. Today, I tried them on and they fit perfectly. Also, in a smaller belt. Yippee!
  • UncleMac
    UncleMac Posts: 13,092 Member
    Options
    I hadn't thought of shoes being an issue. Belts, yes... shoes, no.

Good NSV!!
  • MostlyWater
    MostlyWater Posts: 4,294 Member
    Options
    Shoes are a hot item with weight loss. Good for you !!!!
  • marekdds
    Options
    yup, I went from an 8-1/2 to a 7-1/2, yay, new shoes
  • E_Brault
    E_Brault Posts: 362 Member
    Options
    I'm wearing a pair of shoes today that had been too tight. Today, I tried them on and they fit perfectly. Also, in a smaller belt. Yippee!

Congratulations! That is a really big deal. Mine don't fit yet, but I can be really happy for you!!!

• E_Brault
    Options
    I did not realize how many minor adjustments to my lifestyle I had made to accommodate excess weight. The latest realization came when I effortlessly sat on the kitchen floor bc I was looking for something in a lower cabinet. Previously, I was going to buy a pot rack bc I was tired of fishing for pots, pans, and lids from lower cabinets. Now it is no longer a problem.
  • JMarcella57
    JMarcella57 Posts: 1,902 Member
    Options
    E_Brault wrote: »
    I did not realize how many minor adjustments to my lifestyle I had made to accommodate excess weight. The latest realization came when I effortlessly sat on the kitchen floor bc I was looking for something in a lower cabinet. Previously, I was going to buy a pot rack bc I was tired of fishing for pots, pans, and lids from lower cabinets. Now it is no longer a problem.

Great NSV!
  • marekdds
    Options
    It really does make life more comfortable.
  • UncleMac
    Options
    Sometimes I think we miss these small changes unless we're looking for them. When I first started to work on developing the attitude of gratitude, I noticed subtle physical changes.

For instance, the protruding disks in my neck restricted mobility in my neck for years. Of course, restricted mobility compounded to the point where it was painful & difficult to properly shoulder check while driving. If you think shoulder checking is important to a driver, it is ten times more important to a motorcyclist.

When I started working with the personal trainer, that was one of the problem areas I wanted for focus on. Changes didn't happen overnight and I'm not pain-free but I am able to fully shoulder check... as I discovered one day when someone decided to zip up on my left as I was partly through a lane change in my truck. I pulled back into the right lane and avoided the collision. If my neck had been as before, I might not have seen the vehicle.

I wonder if there are also subtle mental changes? Hard to assess oneself.
  • BRaye325
    BRaye325 Posts: 1,383 Member
    Options
    UncleMac wrote: »

I think so, for me anyway and some not so subtle. I think I'm becoming more self-confident, self-reliant, fun, and just plain happier. I don't want to ever go back!
  • marekdds
    Options
    You really do feel happier with yourself, and life in general is more fun, when the weight isn't holding you down.
  • MostlyWater
    MostlyWater Posts: 4,294 Member
    Options
    Wow!

That's great!
  • E_Brault
    edited November 2015
    Options
    UncleMac wrote: »

NSV: I have more energy to meet the demands of my day. There are subtle mental changes for me too. I have a home in need of minor repairs and upkeep. I am better able to fix things. I never knew how to sharpen the blade of the lawn mower, but I did it. I even put together a hedge trimmer (not perfectly on the first go round). Tomorrow, I am going to install two door knobs that I have been toting around in my trunk for months. I just got a new spa cover, so I emptied the spa and will be filling it and balancing the chemicals.

I feel like anything is possible. I attribute this to my weight loss.

• UncleMac
    Options
    Well done, Eileen! I think you'll find that many of the little chores around the place require a bit of time and the willingness to give it a try.
  • Farback
    Farback Posts: 1,069 Member
    Options
    New PB on bench press. 170 for a set of 5. Geezer power!

76c3v8afw0n9.jpeg
  • UncleMac
    Options
    Well done, sir!!

I had an interesting NSV on Friday. I was doing the grocery thang. At one point, I left my cart as I was searching for something in produce. When I returned, a lady was trying to reach something in the cooler directly behind my cart. She didn't move the cart or anything, just reaching... so I came up and did the Canadian thang... apologized for my cart being in her way. I rolled off in the next aisle and continued my hunting & gathering.

After I paid, I was headed to the parking lot and the same lady drove past. She waved at me; I waved back.

I loaded my groceries into the trunk of the car and, as I was finishing, the lady came back, rolled down her window and chatted me up, asked if I was single and gave me her number. I'm blushing just writing this.
  • Farback
    Farback Posts: 1,069 Member
    Options
    Cool! Hope it works out. I haven't been hit on, but the silverback muscles do get some once-overs I haven't seen in years. I'll need a note from my wife to proceed though...
  • UncleMac
    Options
    Farback wrote: »
    Cool! Hope it works out. I haven't been hit on, but the silverback muscles do get some once-overs I haven't seen in years. I'll need a note from my wife to proceed though...
    It won't be going anywhere (not my type) but it did my battered ego good to get an expression of interest.
  • djscavone
    djscavone Posts: 133 Member
    Options
    Ran a 5k Nov 7 and did it in 25.25. Then ran another Nov 21 and did it in 25.05. Never thought I would get less than 30 minutes. Never thought I could do 2 in one month (and not require an EMT at the finish!).