• RodaRose
    RodaRose Posts: 9,562 Member
    Options
    Fantastic work on the Squats! :mrgreen:
  • kevingacke
    kevingacke Posts: 22 Member
    edited October 2015
    Options
    Placed first in my division, 1/2 marathon completed in 3:04:59. Five minutes shy of my goal. It will not escape me next time !!!
  • kevingacke
    kevingacke Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    uwu2fl53bozo.jpg
    Bling from the 1/2 marathon.
  • UncleMac
    UncleMac Posts: 13,130 Member
    Options
    kevingacke wrote: »
    Placed first in my division, 1/2 marathon completed in 3:04:59. Five minutes shy of my goal. It will not escape me next time !!!

Congratulations!!
  • Farback
    Farback Posts: 1,078 Member
    Options
    kevingacke wrote: »

Very nice. Congrats.
  • nikkib0103
    nikkib0103 Posts: 968 Member
    Options
    Exciting, kevingacke! congrats!
  • BRaye325
    BRaye325 Posts: 1,383 Member
    Options
    Excellent, congratulations!
  • MostlyWater
    MostlyWater Posts: 4,294 Member
    Options
    I came in last in Spin on Sunday. Again.
    I wasn't as upset as the first time I came in last ... and I got a good workout!

So I consider that a NSV.
  • nikkib0103
    nikkib0103 Posts: 968 Member
    Options
    MostlyWater, your only real competition is you. If you consistently improve it doesn't matter if you come in last.
  • MostlyWater
    Options
    thanks!
  • fiddletime
    fiddletime Posts: 1,862 Member
    Options
    I'm working on being able to do a chin up. I stand on a chair and grasp the bar in the doorway. Then I slowly lower myself down. It's called a reverse pull up. I had no idea I had so many back muscles that I could tweak, on the back of my front!!
  • UncleMac
    Options
    fiddletime wrote: »
    I'm working on being able to do a chin up. I stand on a chair and grasp the bar in the doorway. Then I slowly lower myself down. It's called a reverse pull up. I had no idea I had so many back muscles that I could tweak, on the back of my front!!
    There are reverses for most exercises and doing them slowly ups the burn. Good work!!
  • MostlyWater
    Options
    Oh, the visual !!!!
  • Farback
    Farback Posts: 1,078 Member
    Options
    My shirts and jackets are getting tight across the back of my shoulders. It's not flab; after a year of powerlifting I'm becoming a bit of a silverback. Very satisfying.
  • UncleMac
    Options
    That's great, Farback! Isn't it fun to notice the changes as they arrive? :smiley:
  • E_Brault
    E_Brault Posts: 362 Member
    Options
    It was raining today. I splurged on a pair of boots. I did not have to buy the ones with the extended calf. I have plenty of room there.

• MostlyWater
    Options
    Farback is MY HERO !!!!!!
  • E_Brault
    E_Brault Posts: 362 Member
    Options
    NSV: I had just eaten dinner and my dog was doing something silly so I reached down from a bar stool and started playing with her.

I would not have been able to do that in the past bc I have a hiatle hernia and I used to eat too much and the food would push against the esophageal flap and make me super uncomfortable.

The big news is that didn't happen. Now I wouldn't recommend anyone stand on their head after eating, but I felt good - not sick - after eating. It used to be so bad, I could not load the dishwasher after eating without getting very sick.
  • UncleMac
    Options
    No acid-reflux sounds like a NSV to me!!