NSV's = Non-scale Victories

Options
1434445464749»

Replies

• RodaRose
    RodaRose Posts: 9,562 Member
    Options
    Great NSV @allenpriest !!
    You said goodbye to a great deal of inches :)
    You have done well!!!
  • RodaRose
    Options
    Awesome BF! Enjoy the calories :)
  • b3achy
    b3achy Posts: 2,120 Member
    Options
    So, I bought a pair of cool surfer board shorts last year that were a little small, but I was in the process of losing weight (instead I gained). Plus they were a great deal, my friend and I were at Dolphin Mall in Miami on vacation, and they were the largest size they had (9 Juniors). Well, they got shoved to the bottom of my drawer because I've not been able to wear them. Today as I was heading out to paddle, I remembered them, and thought, I've lost a good amount of weight, wonder if they fit. Well, they not only fit, but they are soon to be too big for me...they were hanging super low on my hips, and cinched as tight as I could get them. Glad I got a great deal on them last year, because I may not be wearing them for too long...wish I had thought about trying them a month or two ago. So, I'm thinking another trip to Miami might be in order to try on all the board shorts I couldn't get up my past my thighs last year... ;)
  • RodaRose
    Options
    @MostlyWater Congrats on the lifting progress. <3
    @b3achy Wonderful to see clothes get bigger and looser B)
    Good work following your plans. It helps to reach these touch stones along the way.
  • b3achy
    b3achy Posts: 2,120 Member
    Options
    Fugley01 wrote: »
    I'll be 53 this year. On Saturday I deadlifted 405lbs. A new personal record for me. Mind you it was only one rep but my plan is to do a set of 4-6 by the end of the year.

Way to go! Congrats on the PR!
  • MostlyWater
    MostlyWater Posts: 4,294 Member
    Options
    I'm usually the oldest one in my gym classes. I consider each class a victory !!!
  • marshal616
    marshal616 Posts: 62 Member
    Options
    Maybe I'm weird...I renewed my driver's license today. It didn't hit me until I got back to the office, but for the first time in two to two and half decades I entered my REAL weight onto the form.
  • BBee5064
    BBee5064 Posts: 1,020 Member
    Options
    marshal616 wrote: »
    Maybe I'm weird...I renewed my driver's license today. It didn't hit me until I got back to the office, but for the first time in two to two and half decades I entered my REAL weight onto the form.

That's not weird .... that's awesome
  • UncleMac
    UncleMac Posts: 13,056 Member
    Options
    After eating in restaurants for a week, I wasn't looking forward to my monthly weigh-in... but I lost weight! Apparently, stress is good for me?
  • Farback
    Farback Posts: 1,069 Member
    Options
    Fugley01 wrote: »
    I'll be 53 this year. On Saturday I deadlifted 405lbs. A new personal record for me. Mind you it was only one rep but my plan is to do a set of 4-6 by the end of the year.

Congrats on the PR.
  • marshal616
    marshal616 Posts: 62 Member
    Options
    I'm so happy I can't stand it! I've dropped my A1c 100%! I'm normal (really, really normal) again.
  • RodaRose
    Options
    Huge win for achieving normal ! Congratulations :mrgreen: