Newbie :)

Options
2»

Replies

• Neonbeige
    Neonbeige Posts: 271 Member
    Options
    flumi_f wrote: »
    I've just been reading through some of the other discussion posts. You really are a friendly bunch! I'm actually really looking forward to starting. I've actually not seen one bad story or experience with this...

Yup. 5:2 ers seem to be the happier and nicer dieters. Sometimes I wonder about the nasty responses in the normal forums. Guess we are not as hangry as we eat five days a week :)

Lol, but yes, I also recognized this. You're all so supportive and sweet!

• Calahonda1984
    Options
    Hello all, I have decided to start the 5:2 diet - today is my fast day. I looked up discussions about it on MFP and came across the one you started, purpleberry2. Some people really weren't being supportive were they! Thanks to the person who posted the link to this group - very much appreciated!
    -
    I'm looking froward to reading some of your success stories and would love to see some before/after pics.

I have about 2 stone to lose but I'd love to lose a few lbs before Christmas - enough to feel more confident about my appearance and make my family and friends say 'wow'! I moved from the UK to Spain a few months ago so this is the perfect opportunity to shift the weight in a warmer climate! I won't be seeing friends or family for another 6 weeks so it's time to get cracking!

Please feel free to add me as a friend on here - the more the merrier eh! I sometimes worry about what I write on MFP as a few people can be very opinionated and disregard any other way to lose weight other than the way they are doing it. Know what I mean?

Jo x
  • snaps27
    snaps27 Posts: 960 Member
    edited November 2014
    Options
    Hello all, I have decided to start the 5:2 diet - today is my fast day. I looked up discussions about it on MFP and came across the one you started, purpleberry2. Some people really weren't being supportive were they! Thanks to the person who posted the link to this group - very much appreciated!
    -
    I'm looking froward to reading some of your success stories and would love to see some before/after pics.

I have about 2 stone to lose but I'd love to lose a few lbs before Christmas - enough to feel more confident about my appearance and make my family and friends say 'wow'! I moved from the UK to Spain a few months ago so this is the perfect opportunity to shift the weight in a warmer climate! I won't be seeing friends or family for another 6 weeks so it's time to get cracking!

Please feel free to add me as a friend on here - the more the merrier eh! I sometimes worry about what I write on MFP as a few people can be very opinionated and disregard any other way to lose weight other than the way they are doing it. Know what I mean?

Jo x

You have come to the right group. We are all very supportive here! Welcome!
  • Calahonda1984
    Options
    Thanks snaps27!

I tried to do the 5:2 diet at the beginning of the year but at that point I was still working in the UK in a VERY physically demanding job (I worked on a farm and had to lift hundreds of pigs to weigh them each day by hand, hence my fave pig in my profile pic!) - it wasn't doing me any favours as on the fast days I would be nearly passing out.

Now I am in Spain and doing some work things from home so I'm desk based... this is why the weight has started piling on!

Hope you are all having a great day :smiley: x
  • Karen_DisneyFan
    Karen_DisneyFan Posts: 130 Member
    Options
    Good luck to you today on your first fast Calahonda! Don't forget to drink *LOTS* of water and no-cal or lo-cal drinks... gotta stay hydrated :)

This is a great way of eating/way of life. Just remember - you can always eat whatever you're craving... tomorrow. lol :p
  • snaps27
    snaps27 Posts: 960 Member
    Options
    Thanks snaps27!

I tried to do the 5:2 diet at the beginning of the year but at that point I was still working in the UK in a VERY physically demanding job (I worked on a farm and had to lift hundreds of pigs to weigh them each day by hand, hence my fave pig in my profile pic!) - it wasn't doing me any favours as on the fast days I would be nearly passing out.

Now I am in Spain and doing some work things from home so I'm desk based... this is why the weight has started piling on!

Hope you are all having a great day :smiley: x

Well it's raining and ccccoooolllddd here in the UK, so totally jealous of you warm sun, but hope 5:2 works better for you now. all the best.