Replies

• downongreenacres
    downongreenacres Posts: 327 Member
    Options
    great motivation! Thanks for sharing :)
  • nikkib0103
    nikkib0103 Posts: 968 Member
    Options
    You're doing great, Bill. You are so motivating.
  • BBee5064
    BBee5064 Posts: 1,020 Member
    Options
    BRaye325 wrote: »
    Wow! So here I am, 1 year of logging on MFP and I'm so blessed to have my life change in so many ways. My knowledge, health, fitness, attitude, and energy level have all improved dramatically.

I truly owe so much to you guys for continually inspiring, motivating and encouraging me.

I started doing this on my own. Then after a month I started reading through the forums on my lunch break but not posting. After a few months I started a couple of threads which was an interesting experience to say the least. At 4 months, I found the groups and joined a few, this group was just starting. I added my first friend at that point too. I was slow to get going, but the social connections I've made here have made a profound impact on my continuing focus.

So here I am, 1 year in, 783 posts, co-leader of this awesome group, member of a few other groups, written a half dozen blog posts, 70 friends, logged 364 of 365 days, and down 97 pounds. How did this happen?

Baby steps - each day I start with focus and try to do one thing new or different. The list is endless, logging, planning, goals, new foods, recipes, exercise, research, making friends, supporting others, mental toughness, letting friends help me, try to be a role model, documenting, analyze, positive attitude, raise the bar!

Making this a top priority in my life and continually taking baby steps to reach my goals is the secret to my success so far. I believe we all have the ability to get there and doing it together makes it possible.

Thanks to all of you for allowing me to walk beside you on this road to our better health and fitness!

• BBee5064
    Options
    nikkib0103 wrote: »
    You're doing great, Bill. You are so motivating.

Completely agree with u nikki
  • BBee5064
    edited July 2015
    Options
    So here I am mid July & looked back at what I have achieved so far this year.. I've lost 7lb & several inches.. But in all honesty it's not a lot.. So I'm thinking ahead now .. What can I visualise for the rest of the year.. My aim is to lose 1 stone. Drop a decent dress size. Feel fitter.. It's going to take hard work & commitment.. I can do this. I'm feeling confident
  • Farback
    Farback Posts: 1,079 Member
    Options
    BBee5064 wrote: »
    So here I am mid July & looked back at what I have achieved so far this year.. I've lost 7lb & several inches.. But in all honesty it's not a lot.. So I'm thinking ahead now .. What can I visualise for the rest of the year.. My aim is to lose 1 stone. Drop a decent dress size. Feel fitter.. It's going to take hard work & commitment.. I can do this. I'm feeling confident

We geezers have faith in you.

• nikkib0103
    nikkib0103 Posts: 968 Member
    Options

Well, you are already halfway to your stone goal. I know you can do this. Direct some of that positive attitude you shine on us towards yourself. You will get there much sooner than you think. I know this.
  • BBee5064
    Options
    nikkib0103 wrote: »

Well, you are already halfway to your stone goal. I know you can do this. Direct some of that positive attitude you shine on us towards yourself. You will get there much sooner than you think. I know this.

Thanks nikki :)
  • BBee5064
    Options
    Farback wrote: »

We geezers have faith in you.

Thanks Farback:-)