21 Day Fix?

Options

Replies

• KellyBgetsfit
    KellyBgetsfit Posts: 1,713 Member
    Options
    I just ordered it and I can't wait to try it! I like the idea of the containers. It seems very visual and I think that will help me.
  • gidget1988
    gidget1988 Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    I am starting my second round of 21 Day Fix Extreme. I did the original 21 Day Fix program and decided to try the Extreme version. I lost about 6 lbs in the first round, but I did not commit 100% to the nutrition....so I could've loss more.
    I really like her program and Extreme is even tougher! More intense moves and shorter breaks. I average about 250-300 cals burn in each session.
    I personally love the containers. I know how to manage portion sizes and log everything in MFP, but it keeps me on track with the amount of each group to eat. I hardly ever eat enough fruit and tend to eat too many carbs. So knowing I can only eat so many reds, yellows, blue, etc., has been very beneficial. Good Luck and feel free to add me as well!!
  • Michelle13
    Michelle13 Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    Day 8 and this seems to be THE program for me. Totally helps me with portion control and I love the workouts. The containers and the planning that go with it are what is key for me.
  • SatiaRenee
    SatiaRenee Posts: 798 Member
    Options
    We have renovations going on so I'm not starting until my house is back in order because right now we have 1/3 of our house gone and all of the furniture in it is in the other 2/3. I need space to move!!! ARGH!

But yesterday the contractor said that the floor would be down by tomorrow (hoping he doesn't change his mind about that) and then we just wait for the carpet to be installed and THEN we move all the furniture back into the room (including boxes and boxes of books to be reshelved--talk about your exercise!) and then I'll be able to move around my home with freedom.

Yay!

In the meantime, I'm going to start using the food containers tomorrow. So I'm super excited about starting but I confess I'm also super excited about getting my home back in order. Tired of living in chaos!
  • SatiaRenee
    Options
    Starting 21 Day Fix tomorrow! I plan on blogging about it and am going to track my progress and write about my experience in a smashbook. I figure the more I commit myself to this, the less likely I am to give up.

nukbj2nv2hs0.jpg

Tomorrow I'll begin the 3 Day Quick Fix. I even mixed up some of the seasoning blends in the book to have them on hand and ready to go.

Can anyone explain to me why MFP twists images around? I find this so confusing when I upload a vertical picture and it flips to horizontal.
  • SatiaRenee
    Options
    Started 21DF today and I am going to have to modify a bit more than the modifications suggest because of my bad knees and really bad balance. But I got all the way through. Wrote a blog post about Day 1: satia.blogspot.com/2015/03/21-day-fix-day-one.html

How is everyone else doing?
  • KellyBgetsfit
    Options
    I did my first workout today! It was good. I wish she was saying the weights they were using. I guessed weights for the first round and then went up or down for the 2nd round, as needed. I used 5, 8, and 10s.
  • SatiaRenee
    Options
    I did my first workout today! It was good. I wish she was saying the weights they were using. I guessed weights for the first round and then went up or down for the 2nd round, as needed. I used 5, 8, and 10s.

I didn't use any weights. I wanted to see how I could handle the exercises before pushing myself. I'm exercising with pre-existing conditions--a balance disorder and severe osteoarthritis in my knees.

But I made it through! Are you doing the 3 Day Quick Fix? I am and I still have one more meal to eat and I don't know how I'm going to make myself eat another bite. I feel stuffed!
  • lfronczek
    lfronczek Posts: 11 Member
    edited March 2015
    Options
    I'm just starting today. How do you guys log your 21 Day Fit workouts here on MFP?
  • KellyBgetsfit
    Options
    I want to try the 3 day fix for the last 3 days...if I can. I know it is only 3 days, but it is also restrictive!

I log it by creating my own exercise and then I just put 1 calorie burned. I have a fitbit charge HR which tells me how many calories I burned but I don't always sync it. If you don'y have a HR monitor, you could also log it as circuit training.
  • SatiaRenee
    Options
    @KellyBgetsfit‌ I've been doing okay on the 3DQF. Yes it's restrictive but you eat so often that you hardly have time to miss anything. Admittedly, I'll probably be thrilled when I can have a whole egg and not just egg whites but I added some red pepper flakes to mine this morning and they were good.

@lfronczek‌ If you're concerned with eating back the calories, your best bet is to use a heart rate monitor. If you aren't, I'm following @KellyBgetsfit‌'s example and just creating my own.
  • Jess05071981
    Jess05071981 Posts: 44 Member
    Options
    Day 1 for me was great. The workout kicked my butt. I am glad I saw it through. My nutrition has been great today as well.
  • SatiaRenee
    Options
    Jess05071981 Glad you made it through the first day. I am feeling just the right amount of soreness today after doing the first two days. Enough to let me know I did some exercise. Not so sore that I can't do day 3 tomorrow. Of course, I say that now. When I wake up tomorrow, I may be singing a different song.
  • SatiaRenee
    Options
    I ran into a problem today because, for some reason, the Lower Fix workout won't play on any of our devices. We tried it on three different ones. I have a replacement copy coming but, in the meantime, I had to come up with something else. The insert says to replace a 30 minute workout with the 10 minute ab workout if you're pressed for time. So I can do that on top of the lower body workout I did in lieu of using 21DF. The Pilates Fix seems to be playing just fine (I have it going in the background) so I'll be back on track bright and early tomorrow morning.
  • KellyBgetsfit
    Options
    I am ready for a day off! LOL!! I might double up one day I can take a full rest day. I started out with 12 this morning for lower and had to drop down to 10 pounds.

Satia- I had that problem with one of the disks on T25. I could not get it to play. How was the ab workout? My abs are so sore, I have been afraid to try it.
  • SatiaRenee
    Options
    @KellyBgetsfit I'm just glad that beachbody didn't hesitate to offer me a replacement. It's slowing me down a bit but not stopping me altogether. The ab workout is pretty intense. If your abs are sore, you'll definitely feel it. Maybe on the day you double up, skip the second 30 minute workout and try the abs. After all, she says you can replace a day with just the abs so you'd still be doubling up and it is an option on at least one of the days to double up. I don't want to scare you off or anything but the ab workout isn't easy. It's harder than most I've tried.
  • jextry
    jextry Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    Hi everyone.... I am on my 21 days.... So I'm on day 18... so far it's been great. However I needed serious help to loose weight and get in shape... I have follow the eating plan on the workouts I started on simple following the modifier. Then on second week I added a 2 to 5 lbs weights. On my 3rd week I started doing the workouts double. And to always making sure my body doesn't get use to it. I will keep doing this workouts after my 21 dayjust will be adding more weights and more workouts every week. (Making 1 week non diet with workouts and then starting on diet for another 21 days.
  • SatiaRenee
    Options
    jextry, I'm only on day 7 but, like you, I'm planning ahead. I am going to take a week off the 21DF after I've gone through it one time. During that week, I'll be doing other forms of exercise and enjoying my birthday. Then, I'll jump back into 21DF full throttle. Definitely enjoying the program even though sometimes it is tough.
  • jextry
    jextry Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    SatiaRenee... Yes I will be traveling Ayer I'm done with my 21 days. I tend to keep with exercises but I will follow the MFP nutrition until I get back.
  • SatiaRenee
    Options
    Finally experiencing success! Before I injured my knee last summer, I was doing yoga, using DVDs, sometimes walking, sometimes using a stationary bike. When I injured my knee, everything came to a grinding halt. I was eventually allowed to use the stationary bike but only for 30 minutes and it had to be at the easiest setting, with gradual (only once a month!) increases. But I was finally given the okay to do more exercise and 21 Day Fix was my choice because of the modifications.

Needless to say, I wasn't expecting a miracle and yet here I am over 3 lbs lost after only 2 weeks! Very happy. Next week I'll be doing my "after" measurements. And today is not my official weigh-in day but when I saw the numbers on the scale this morning, I had to share.