Have you tried GLP1 medications and found it didn't work for you? We'd like to hear about your experiences, what you tried, why it didn't work and how you're doing now. Click here to tell us your story

2 quick questions...

2»

Replies

• baconslave
    baconslave Posts: 7,009 Member
    DittoDan wrote: »
    why 1300 cals?
    <snipped>
    I think mostly the American cheese thing has to do with the carb count, but if it fits your macros and calories, I'm not really sure why it would be off limits unless it is made from vegetable oil...but Dan showed us that Velveeta is not. I don't think Kraft singles are either, but I'm not certain.
    SLJ;

In a previous life, loved V as much as the next guy (how else could one make a "homemade", reasonable facsimile of a Philly Cheesesteak Sandy?)

Might not be veg oils but it is "processed" (milk & milk "by products", etc) and those carbs (3/oz) are coming from somewhere (sugar).

tinyurl.com/k7dhs7m

Agree that we all have our "vices" and not only are none of us "perfect" but it's better to bend the rules once in a while if it helps you stay basically on track - but,

for me, the Velveeta on the steak would be just too close to that cheesesteak I remember and if the V is ok, why not go find me a fresh baked sub roll and do it up right?

dean that is ridiculous. Your food diary is open. I looked at it and you eat and drink several foods that have more carbs than a slice of Velveeta. Your, wine, sauerkraut and Hannaford sausage. By following your logic, then I wouldn't eat sauerkraut ~ "why not do it right and add a hotdog and a bun?"

Remember, Keto is LOW carb, not NO carb. If we want to eat a food that has a whopping 3 carbs in it, we can ~ without dumb statements like that.

Dan the Man from I-Love-Velveeta Michigan

P.S. That wine you drink is processed.

good LAWD, people don't start that dumb "processed' argument in here! laugh-c107160f171147f3c214bb30e43c803f.gif

I get enough of that crap in the Litterbox.

I eat what I want, processed or no, as long as it fits my carbs. And I am doing fabulously. YMMV. The End.
  • baconslave
    Lisa1971 wrote: »
    why 1300 cals? Are you very petite? Are you aiming for a very large deficit like >500 cals per day? How much weight do you have to lose?

Eat fat. Skin on chicken, fattier beef like 80/20, heavy cream, butter, cream cheese (watch the carbs, though), full fat greek yogurt and sour cream, avocados, coconut oil, olive oil, lard, bacon grease, olives, some nut oils are ok (check some paleo websites for the best oils to eat and cook with) egg yolks, cheese. I have no issues hitting my fat macro now. I used to because of all the brainwashing from before, but that has passed. Eat all the fats.

I think mostly the American cheese thing has to do with the carb count, but if it fits your macros and calories, I'm not really sure why it would be off limits unless it is made from vegetable oil...but Dan showed us that Velveeta is not. I don't think Kraft singles are either, but I'm not certain.

I also have a lot to lose (50lbs) so this seems do able to me. Do you think this is too low? I'm 5'3 and 182lbs. Not sure of my bf% because I don't have a bf scale.

MFP says I should be eating 1380 to lose 2lb/week. I'm just a hair under 5'10" and weight 189. I'm certain I'll be down to 1300 before it's all over with. What does it say for yours?
  • volfan22
    volfan22 Posts: 149 Member
    Use this calculator to determine your macros - it also has a link to "guesstimate" your bf %. Scroll to the bottom of the link for the women's photo's.
    http://www.ruled.me/keto-calculator/

• DittoDan
    DittoDan Posts: 1,850 Member
    baconslave wrote: »
    why 1300 cals?
    <snipped>
    SLJ;

In a previous life, loved V as much as the next guy (how else could one make a "homemade", reasonable facsimile of a Philly Cheesesteak Sandy?)

Might not be veg oils but it is "processed" (milk & milk "by products", etc) and those carbs (3/oz) are coming from somewhere (sugar).

tinyurl.com/k7dhs7m

Agree that we all have our "vices" and not only are none of us "perfect" but it's better to bend the rules once in a while if it helps you stay basically on track - but,

for me, the Velveeta on the steak would be just too close to that cheesesteak I remember and if the V is ok, why not go find me a fresh baked sub roll and do it up right?

dean that is ridiculous. Your food diary is open. I looked at it and you eat and drink several foods that have more carbs than a slice of Velveeta. Your, wine, sauerkraut and Hannaford sausage. By following your logic, then I wouldn't eat sauerkraut ~ "why not do it right and add a hotdog and a bun?"

Remember, Keto is LOW carb, not NO carb. If we want to eat a food that has a whopping 3 carbs in it, we can ~ without dumb statements like that.

good LAWD, people don't start that dumb "processed' argument in here! laugh-c107160f171147f3c214bb30e43c803f.gif

I eat what I want, processed or no, as long as it fits my carbs. And I am doing fabulously. YMMV. The End.

AMEN! Yeah, Keto is NOT paleo. I'll eat all the processed foods I want. And Lisa can eat American chees if she wants to.

Dan the Man from Processed Food Land
  • baconslave
    baconslave wrote: »
    why 1300 cals?
    <snipped>
    SLJ;

tinyurl.com/k7dhs7m

AMEN! Yeah, Keto is NOT paleo. I'll eat all the processed foods I want. And Lisa can eat American chees if she wants to.

Dan the Man from Processed Food Land

I personally have no beef (pun! Heehee) with paleo keto or any form of "clean" eaters of any kind. That's personal preference thing. Keto can be "processing free" but it doesn't have to be. Vegan, vegetarian, paleo, "clean," carnivorous or whatever combination thereof...whatever. Just make it work, and I'll cheer for your successes, how ever you do it.

That goes for all you guys. :flowerforyou:
  • DittoDan
    DittoDan Posts: 1,850 Member
    I don't have any problems with "clean" eaters either. Keto is inclusive, not exclusive. I don't like it when a Paleo Keto tells a newbie they must be Paleo in addition to Keto for things to work. That ain't so. You have to start newbies with where they are at now. You can't overwhelm them with highly technical things, and start telling them you can't eat processed foods. Let them start loosing the weight and be successful first. Then they will see that it works, and they will learn along the way that "clean" foods may help them a little more. To eat "clean" is a lot more expensive to boot. The "bang" for the buck ain't there with "clean" foods. You don't have to buy the doubly expensive virgin organic coconut oil when the discount LouAnna's (refined) will help you get your fat just as well as the unrefined stuff (that tastes overwhelmingly coconutty ~ I don't like it.) So which is better, a successful Keto dieter that uses some "non-clean" processed foods, or a dieter that can't afford or gives up on the diet because its just too hard to use the "clean foods"?

Dan the Man from Keto Land