Thanksgiving

Options
13»

Replies

• Ninkyou
    Ninkyou Posts: 6,666 Member
    Options
    To be honest, presentation is overrated... There's plenty of cakes/cupcakes/cookies/etc that look delicious and fantastic, but taste like *kitten*. I've found that some of the best tasting foods have a less than appealing appearance. I'll take a smooshed up cupcake over some fancy schmancy cupcake if the taste is there.
  • ILiftHeavyAcrylics
    ILiftHeavyAcrylics Posts: 27,732 Member
    Options
    Ninkyou wrote: »
    To be honest, presentation is overrated... There's plenty of cakes/cupcakes/cookies/etc that look delicious and fantastic, but taste like *kitten*. I've found that some of the best tasting foods have a less than appealing appearance. I'll take a smooshed up cupcake over some fancy schmancy cupcake if the taste is there.

That's why I'm only now starting to work on presentation, honestly. It never mattered to me before because I only cared whether things tasted good. But now that I'm trying to sell them people want them to be pretty. Some people care a lot more about that than they do flavor.
  • Liftng4Lis
    Liftng4Lis Posts: 15,150 Member
    Options
    The bird
    cornbread stuffing with hot italian sausage and sun dried tomatoes
    homemade cranberries (hint of orange)
    giblet gravy with mashed potatoes
    cheese covered cauliflower
    and HOPEFULLY someone like Acrylics is baking me a pie....cackling
    Love to cook, hate to bake
  • ILiftHeavyAcrylics
    Options
    Hey! You're back too!
  • PrizePopple
    PrizePopple Posts: 3,133 Member
    Options
    YAY! I'm not invisible anymore!!

DH wants mincemeat pie. So I found a jar of the filling and will be making it for him. That's 3 freaking pies. O_o
  • PrizePopple
    PrizePopple Posts: 3,133 Member
    Options
    Liftng4Lis wrote: »
    The bird
    cornbread stuffing with hot italian sausage and sun dried tomatoes
    homemade cranberries (hint of orange)
    giblet gravy with mashed potatoes
    cheese covered cauliflower
    and HOPEFULLY someone like Acrylics is baking me a pie....cackling
    Love to cook, hate to bake

If I can talk you out of giblet gravy, I'll come bake for you and you can cook for me. ;)

Giblets give me the willies. It's why I no longer buy whole chickens, and the only reason I can tolerate a whole turkey is because they kindly bag the giblets so I don't spent and hour freaking out with Playtex gloves on.
  • WinoGelato
    WinoGelato Posts: 13,454 Member
    Options
    I'm so happy you both are back... feels like things in the universe have been righted. Is it just in Groups or also in general forum threads? Really hoping that was all a technical glitch and not a judgement from mods or something.
  • malibu927
    malibu927 Posts: 17,565 Member
    Options
    MrM27 wrote: »
    We are back in the entire forum.

I'm being told it might be a glitch but I'm sorry, from the information I already know prior to it happening to us yesterday ..........let me not say anything else.

Good. I saw you were posting to that guy claiming IF helped him lose weight but nothing. You're not the first I've seen it with either.
  • Iwishyouwell
    Iwishyouwell Posts: 1,888 Member
    Options
    I don't recall ever seeing anybody get banned on here besides an obvious spammer. I'm totally ignorant to how the banning around here even works.
  • ILiftHeavyAcrylics
    Options
    I don't recall ever seeing anybody get banned on here besides an obvious spammer. I'm totally ignorant to how the banning around here even works.

Apparently most of us are now. It used to be a simple 3 strike system, but even when you were banned you could still participate in groups. Now it's a more complicated system of warning points, and if you get banned you can't do groups either. But they are supposed to tell you when you've received warnings; that's what we were all up in arms about.
  • malibu927
    malibu927 Posts: 17,565 Member
    Options
    He was the one I was referencing
  • Ninkyou
    Ninkyou Posts: 6,666 Member
    Options
    I obviously missed something! :o
    I just know this thread itself went poof for a few days and I was wondering where the heck it went!