How much weight have you lost on keto and how long did it take?

Options
13»

Replies

• DittoDan
    DittoDan Posts: 1,850 Member
    Options
    Lloyd, I put your numbers in my calculator. Very impressive :D . Here are the numbers:

sjd6m161m4gb.jpg

Did you do any fasting? Or heavy exercise?

Dan the Man from Michigan
  • ketorach
    ketorach Posts: 430 Member
    Options
    Almost four months. 22 pounds, from 193lbs - 171lbs.
  • hippygirl325
    hippygirl325 Posts: 223 Member
    Options
    DittoDan wrote: »
    Lloyd, I put your numbers in my calculator. Very impressive :D . Here are the numbers:

sjd6m161m4gb.jpg

Ooo did you make that calculator or find it somewhere?
  • DittoDan
    Options
    DittoDan wrote: »

sjd6m161m4gb.jpg

Ooo did you make that calculator or find it somewhere?

I made it. It's an Excel spreadsheet. I'll try to upload it. Or just send me a MFP message with your email address and I'll send it to you.

• DittoDan
    Options
    Here is the Excel worksheet. I don't know if you can down load it, but it should be on this post.

• kategordon830
    Options
    Peabean
    peabean26 wrote: »
    About 6lbs in 2 months. I'm not super far from goal, and I have PCOS, so it takes a lot of work for me to lose.

• kategordon830
    Options
    Hey there I'm a PCOS girl too. Lost close to 70 lbs about 2 years ago when I started. It took me about 8-9 months to lose it all. Now it's a way to treat my symptoms. It CAN be done! Keep your chin up! ;)
  • 5Lloyd90
    5Lloyd90 Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    The spread sheet is neat, and the calc seems about right @ 4-ish lbs a week. The only thing I did that counts as heavy lifting was during deer season, which is also the only time I did any fasting.

Out of respect for our members with less than iron stomachs I'll omit any details other than average weight was 145lbs that had to be moved across a two mile stretch unassisted and involuntary fast time was usually only 7 to 9 hours (less if I could get back home sooner!)

It probably helped that our deer season came in at around the time my weight loss should have theoretically slowed and I was in the woods 3 to 4 days a week.
  • msmi1970
    msmi1970 Posts: 60 Member
    Options
    cdn_beaver wrote: »
    I'm 36, 5'6, started at 275ish, am now 176. I was a size 22/2X and now wear a size 12 in pants and a Large on top. I've been on keto for a little over two years and it's a lifestyle change for me. I feel my best when I'm eating this way so it's a keeper. I'd like to get down to 150lbs and I know I will eventually get there. Could I have lost quicker? Definitely yes but because this is a lifestyle change to me it's not a race. There were times when the scale didn't budge for months but my size was changing. I need to buy new clothing each season as the old ones no longer fit.
    As far as loose skin goes I have my fair share. I'm apple shaped so my belly was always really big. I also had two full term pregnancies at my highest weight (the first one I was measuring like twins so I ended up with plenty of stretch marks). My belly skin has tightened up some over the past year but I know there is no way that it will ever be even close to being firm again. I'll eventually need surgery and I am fine with that.

that's fantastic!!