Leslie Sansone December 2014 Walk Challenge

Options
texasgardnr
texasgardnr Posts: 2,660 Member
edited December 2014 in Social Groups
WELCOME to all walkers!
It is nearly December, and time to be thinking about a new monthly challenge! The last one for 2014, so lets make December an extraordinarily awesome month while we enjoy Christmas and all the other December holidays that we celebrate!! Crisp and cold weather is definitely here for many of us depending where we live. Having Leslie's or other walking DVDs to pop in the player continues to be a great alternative to walking outdoors. Walking outdoors will still be an important part of fitness walking this month, when possible, for those who enjoy walking some miles or minutes outside.

This group is open to any and all walkers. The majority of us use Leslie Sansone Walk At Home DVD workouts, but those great walks outside or on the treadmill, as well as other Walking DVDs, count also. However you get your walk in, come on in and join us! And if you have some fun trails to walk or hike post them too because it is all good B) .

We are a happy, supportive group, and I promise that this challenge will motivate, challenge, as well as inspire you!

Set your goal for how many miles or minutes that you want to walk, indoors or out, this month. Post your results daily, weekly, or however you like.

If you find this challenge in the middle of the month it doesn't matter which day of the month that you join in. Just set your goals to reflect what you want to walk for the remaining days in the month. You are always welcome!

So tie up those walking shoes and get some water, and let's start walking :smile: !

It is always fun to read which DVD, whether Leslie or another instructor, that you used. Or whatever form your walk took, whether outdoors or on the treadmill or anything in between. We all could use some new inspiration sometimes, or inquiring minds sometimes just want to know. So please share if you would care to :p .

Come on in and let us start walking the December 2014 challenge together. I am grateful for each one of our precious walkers who have continued to inspire and motivate mile by mile and step by step during 2014!

:flowerforyou:

Replies

• zichab
    zichab Posts: 1,441 Member
    Options
    December is going to be tricky because I will be in Netherlands again for my granddaughter's first Christmas :smiley:. I hope to walk every other day, but we'll see how it goes now that Leslie has pulled all her videos off YouTube :s (I do not take DVD's with me). I may have to walk with Jessica Smith who does not use the miles metric that Leslie does. I think I am going to maintain my 50 mile goal and hope to exceed it or I may convert to minutes half way through the month. texasgardnr has good luck with that metric as well. As long as I do not gain over the holidays, I will be happy! ;)

December Goal: 50 miles

Walk Strong Everyone :bigsmile:

27715887.png
  • PinkyPan1
    PinkyPan1 Posts: 3,018 Member
    Options
    I thought about dropping out of the challenge for this month but instead I think I will aim for fewer miles. So for the month of December I am going to challenge myself to walk 50 miles.
  • lidenalex
    Options
    60 miles
  • PinkyPan1
    Options
    I did Walk This Way 2012 (2 miles) and 1 Mile In-Home Walk.
    3/50

Glad to see you are back Alex!
  • KnittingRing
    Options
    I'm in for 50 miles in December as well. Good luck everyone!
    2/50 completed.
  • AnnofB
    AnnofB Posts: 3,584 Member
    Options
    In for 30 this month. :D

Walk Strong everyone!
  • christchick7
    christchick7 Posts: 533 Member
    Options
    No set mileage...just going to try to walk each day...
  • lidenalex
    Options
    5/60
  • AnnofB
    Options
    In for 30 this month.

2/30

Walk Strong everyone!
  • 2essie
    2essie Posts: 2,863 Member
    Options
    9.91 miles walked yesterday. 5 miles with Leslie
  • bandit5125
    bandit5125 Posts: 491 Member
    Options
    Goal 150 miles

12/1

10 Advanced Miles

2 outdoor miles

12 miles total

Happy Walking!

• KnittingRing
    Options
    4/30 miles completed. Keep up the great work, everyone!
  • lidenalex
    Options
    9/60
  • PinkyPan1
    Options
    I did The Nutrisystem 2 Mile Silver Walk this afternoon.
    5/50
  • AnnofB
    Options
    4/30

Cool and rainy here today so did 2 miles of the 4 Mile Super Challenge.

Welcome to KnittingRing.

ChristChick and LindenAlex, good to see you two back this month.

Hope Texasgardnr reports in soon. She's been having computer problems.

Keep Walking, Keep Walking! :o
  • bandit5125
    bandit5125 Posts: 491 Member
    Options

10 Advanced Miles total with Leslie

2 outdoor miles
    4 outside miles total

14 miles total / goal 150

Happy Walking!
  • SuperSaiyanEva
    SuperSaiyanEva Posts: 39 Member
    Options
    Goal is 100 miles! 10/100 so far! Using Leslie Sansone 5 Mile Fat Burning Walk.
  • PinkyPan1
    Options
    I did the 5 Mega Miles this morning.
    10/50
  • AnnofB
    Options
    6/30

Morning, Walkers. Hope you all have a great day. :D
  • lidenalex
    Options