17 miles total / goal 150

Happy Walking!
  • KnittingRing
    Options
    6/50 miles completed. Happy Walking!
  • PinkyPan1
    PinkyPan1 Posts: 3,018 Member
    Options
    I did 3 Fast Miles this morning. Walk strong friends.
    13/50
  • AnnofB
    AnnofB Posts: 3,584 Member
    Options
    8/30
  • emuravyeva
    emuravyeva Posts: 103 Member
    Options
    Working lots of long 12-hour shifts this month, so aiming for at least 50 miles (7 down already).
  • lidenalex
    Options
    17/60
  • texasgardnr
    texasgardnr Posts: 2,660 Member
    edited December 2014
    Options
    Today:

Thursday: (12.4) 4 mini Walk Blasters (Fun Walk preset & cool down)

0 DVD miles.

0 outdoor minutes.

4 mini walks from Walk Blaster DVD.

My goal for December: I will walk a minimum of 2 DVD 'miles' or 30+ outside minutes at least 5 days a week.

So far: 0 Leslie/ or other walking DVD miles

So far: 0 outdoor minutes (in the neighborhood or in a park)

So far: 4 mini walks from Walk Blasters DVD

Welcome new walkers to our monthly Walk Challenges, and I am delighted to see our faithful walkers from past months joining back in again this month <3

December will be busy and challenging for many of us, so let's commit to walking something, even if for less than we usually do, consistently this month. It will pay off in big ways for us all.

Walking Happy because I am back on line with you all! :flowerforyou:
  • Stacy_Merrell
    Stacy_Merrell Posts: 35 Member
    edited December 2014
    Options
    Just got back on track here...UGH.... B) I'm trying very hard to work out on my elliptical daily, but think I am going to add the challenge of 50 miles this month as well. Love these workouts and think it will be nice to add to the elliptical routine.

One other thing; any one have either the Walk to the Hits (party songs) or (Radio Remix)? If so, which do you prefer? Wanting to purchase another video and torn between these two.
  • bandit5125
    bandit5125 Posts: 491 Member
    Options
    12 Advanced Miles total with Leslie
    22 Advanced Miles with Leslie to date

3outdoor miles
    10outside miles total

32 miles total / goal 150

Happy Walking!
  • PinkyPan1
    Options
    I did the 2 Mile Nutrisystem Silver Walk and 2 Mile Women's Walk. Walk strong and walk proud!

17/100
  • PinkyPan1
    Options
    I have what may be considered a silly question. I have been using weights while I do my WAH workouts so my question is...am I burning more calories by using the weights? I use 2 lb weights and today I just attempted 5 lb dumbbells which were a lot harder to do some of the moves with. I was only able to do 1 mile with the 5 lbs. I will stick with the 2 lbs from here on out. I would think I am. LOL
  • zichab
    zichab Posts: 1,441 Member
    edited December 2014
    Options
    It has been a terrible week with one disaster after another. However, I am leaving the stress behind and "just walkin'!" :laugh:

December Goal-50 miles
    12/5-WAP Ultimate Collection-4 Mile Super Challenge=4 miles total

Welcome Back Alex!!! We missed you! :bigsmile:
    Missed you Sue and hope everything is OK with you. :worried:
    Pinkypan-I am so glad you did not drop out this month as you are one of our biggest motivators! :blush:
    AnnofB-I bought the Ultimate Collection so I could do your 4 Mile Super Challenge and when I put it in discovered all of our old friends! I think I was more excited to see Carol, Jo, Linda and Mary Kay than I was about the walk. Good Heavens Leslie does not shut up for one minute on that one!!! :laugh:
    Welcome Back Online texasgardnr! :flowerforyou: Isn't is awful being cut off from "the world?" How did we all become so dependent on these machines! :blush:
    Hey Bandit-great Mileage considering your new job! You go girl!! :sunglasses:
    Welcome all new walkers!

Walk Strong Everyone! :bigsmile:

27715887.png
  • SuperSaiyanEva
    SuperSaiyanEva Posts: 39 Member
    edited December 2014
    Options
    PinkyPan1 wrote: »
    I have what may be considered a silly question. I have been using weights while I do my WAH workouts so my question is...am I burning more calories by using the weights? I use 2 lb weights and today I just attempted 5 lb dumbbells which were a lot harder to do some of the moves with. I was only able to do 1 mile with the 5 lbs. I will stick with the 2 lbs from here on out. I would think I am. LOL

I found this article on livestrong.com about walking with weights, http://livestrong.com/article/345267-what-are-the-effects-of-walking-with-weights/ I don't know how true it is but it says you can burn up to 10-20% more calories using hand weights if you swing your arms to shoulder height for 20 to 30 minutes. I think I'm gonna try it with some 2lb weights!
  • SuperSaiyanEva
    SuperSaiyanEva Posts: 39 Member
    Options
    I've done 20/100 miles. Doing 5 more today!
  • PinkyPan1
    Options
    PinkyPan1 wrote: »

I found this article on livestrong.com about walking with weights, http://livestrong.com/article/345267-what-are-the-effects-of-walking-with-weights/ I don't know how true it is but it says you can burn up to 10-20% more calories using hand weights if you swing your arms to shoulder height for 20 to 30 minutes. I think I'm gonna try it with some 2lb weights!
    Thank you!!
  • ShrinkinMel
    ShrinkinMel Posts: 982 Member
    Options
    I'm aiming for 60 miles and at least 600 minutes of walking. So far I'm at around 4 miles for December and 140 minutes. Most I have been walking outside not much with my 3 mile walk away the pounds. I may use it some later again but we've been walking as a family me, my daughter and my brother(we are living with him and he's on a walking program to help his recovery after a back surgery he had done).
  • emuravyeva
    emuravyeva Posts: 103 Member
    Options
    10/50 miles today! Sadly, too cold to walk outside in Halifax now :(
  • AnnofB
    AnnofB Posts: 3,584 Member
    Options
    10/30

zichab-Lol'd about Leslie yapping in the 4 Mile Super Challenge. Yep, she is obviously in great shape as she never gets out of breath while talking and walking in that one. :D
  • texasgardnr
    edited December 2014
    Options
    Just got back on track here...UGH.... B) I'm trying very hard to work out on my elliptical daily, but think I am going to add the challenge of 50 miles this month as well. Love these workouts and think it will be nice to add to the elliptical routine.

One other thing; any one have either the Walk to the Hits (party songs) or (Radio Remix)? If so, which do you prefer? Wanting to purchase another video and torn between these two.

Well done, Stacy, for adding in a 50 mile challenge this month to your daily elliptical workouts :) !
    Party Songs is a really fun, happy workout, but sadly it was too bouncy for my ankles, so I gave it away rather than have it languish away in my collection. I suppose it depends on which music you like as to which HIT DVD you bought.

Look in Amazon dot com for reviews/comments for both of the DVDs if no one here has information about the DVDs.

Also collagevideo dot com has a certified instructor description of the DVDs, plus the information found on the DVD's back cover, which has the lists of songs and detailed information. And collagevideo also has clips of the workouts as well as consumer reviews. Nice website.

:flowerforyou:
  • texasgardnr
    Options
    Today:

Friday: (12.5) 2 miles LS' Fat Burner Walk Aerobics DVD with strength intervals

2 DVD miles.

0 outdoor minutes.

0 mini walks from Walk Blaster DVD.

My goal for December: I will walk a minimum of 2 DVD 'miles' or 30+ outside minutes at least 5 days a week.

So far: 2 Leslie/ or other walking DVD miles

So far: 0 outdoor minutes (in the neighborhood or in a park)

So far: 4 mini walks from Walk Blasters DVD

Walk some miles this weekend!

:flowerforyou: