Leslie Sansone December 2014 Walk Challenge

Options

Replies

• lidenalex
    Options
    39/60

Warning. Christmas time is coming and all those cookies and chocolate boxes are there to be avoided. Don't tell me I'm too late with the warning.
  • zichab
    zichab Posts: 1,441 Member
    Options
    December Goal-50 miles
    12/5-WAP Ultimate Collection-4 Mile Super Challenge=4 miles total
    12/6-WAP Ultimate Collection-2 mile Brisk Walk=6 miles total
    12/7-Just Walk-Belly Blasting Walk-2 Fast Miles=8 miles total
    12/8-WAH-5 Mile Fat Burning Walk=13 miles total
    12/10-Just Walk-4 Mile Power Walk=17 miles total
    12/11-Just Walk-Belly Blasting Walk-2 Fast Miles=19 miles total
    12/12-Walkmeter App-tracked 2.67 miles on a balmy 30 degree mid-Michigan Morning! :neutral_face: =21.67 miles total
    12/13-WAH-3 Mile Weight Loss Walk w Mary Kay :smile:-3 miles=24.67 total miles
    12/14-WAH-5 Mile Fat Burning Walk-5 miles=29.67 total miles

Walk Strong Everyone! :bigsmile:

27715887.png
  • zichab
    Options
    lidenalex wrote: »
    39/60

Warning. Christmas time is coming and all those cookies and chocolate boxes are there to be avoided. Don't tell me I'm too late with the warning.

It looks like maybe you were too late with your warning, Alex! Some of our regular walkers seem to be partying more than they are walking! :laugh: However, January is coming, along with the "scale of reckoning!" :noway: Of course, come Thursday, I'll be in Europe with you, albeit a bit further south, and probably not logging my walks either! It is that time of year. :wink:

27715887.png
  • PinkyPan1
    PinkyPan1 Posts: 3,018 Member
    Options
    I completed 5 Mega Miles this morning. Walk, walk, walk everyone.

43/50
  • lidenalex
    Options
    41/60
  • AnnofB
    AnnofB Posts: 3,584 Member
    Options
    24/30

Keep Walking! :D
  • ShrinkinMel
    ShrinkinMel Posts: 982 Member
    Options
    Up to 9/60 miles. I may not make my miles goal but I'm half way on my minutes of exercise goal. Woohoo!! My pace is slow and I will be increasing distance slowly. My main walking partner is my 11 year old and she twisted and sprained her ankle a week ago she can walk on it and got the okay to keep walking but isn't able to make it as far because it starts bothering her. I have to teach her sprain PT exercises. Will be interesting.
  • KnittingRing
    Options
    Impressive stats, everyone!

I am at 35.5/50 for the month. This has been a fun challenge!
  • SuperSaiyanEva
    SuperSaiyanEva Posts: 39 Member
    Options
    45/100

I have a question for those of you that use heart rate monitors. I used the Polar FT4 today while I did Leslie Sansone's 5 Miles Fat Burning Walk and it says I burned 549 calories! That seems a bit high. But I know her site says you can burn about 100 calories per mile. I just can't believe it. Has anyone else used a heart rate monitor with her workouts? How many calories did you burn?
  • PinkyPan1
    Options
    2 Mile Women's Walk and 2 Mile Silver Walk this morning.
    47/50
  • AnnofB
    Options
    45/100

I have a question for those of you that use heart rate monitors. I used the Polar FT4 today while I did Leslie Sansone's 5 Miles Fat Burning Walk and it says I burned 549 calories! That seems a bit high. But I know her site says you can burn about 100 calories per mile. I just can't believe it. Has anyone else used a heart rate monitor with her workouts? How many calories did you burn?

I don't own a heart rate monitor but I have always heard Polar are the best. When you are doing less strenuous workouts, does the number seem appropriate? It may very well be right on target. That's a great burn. :D
  • AnnofB
    Options
    26/30

Keep marching, everyone! Got to keep those Christmas cookie calories at bay! :p
  • SuperSaiyanEva
    Options
    50/100
  • zichab
    Options
    December Goal-50 miles
    12/5-WAP Ultimate Collection-4 Mile Super Challenge=4 miles total
    12/6-WAP Ultimate Collection-2 mile Brisk Walk=6 miles total
    12/7-Just Walk-Belly Blasting Walk-2 Fast Miles=8 miles total
    12/8-WAH-5 Mile Fat Burning Walk=13 miles total
    12/10-Just Walk-4 Mile Power Walk=17 miles total
    12/11-Just Walk-Belly Blasting Walk-2 Fast Miles=19 miles total
    12/12-Walkmeter App-tracked 2.67 miles on a balmy 30 degree mid-Michigan Morning! :neutral_face: =21.67 miles total
    12/13-WAH-3 Mile Weight Loss Walk w Mary Kay :smile:-3 miles=24.67 total miles
    12/14-WAH-5 Mile Fat Burning Walk-5 miles=29.67 total miles
    12/17-WAP Ultimate Collection-2 mile Brisk Walk=31.67 miles total

Walk Strong Everyone! :bigsmile:

27715887.png
  • PinkyPan1
    Options
    I completed the American Heart Assoc. 3 mile walk this afternoon. Met my goal!
    50/50
    I will set a second goal of another 10 miles and go from there. I will be taking care of two grandsons over the holidays and this where I may not be able to get as many miles in. Fingers crossed. I am gonna need it. LOL
  • AnnofB
    Options
    30/30

Goal met.
  • AnnofB
    Options
    PinkyPan1 wrote: »
    I completed the American Heart Assoc. 3 mile walk this afternoon. Met my goal!
    50/50
    I will set a second goal of another 10 miles and go from there. I will be taking care of two grandsons over the holidays and this where I may not be able to get as many miles in. Fingers crossed. I am gonna need it. LOL

Sounds like fun to me, PinkyPan1! Enjoy. And congrat's on meeting your goal. 50 miles in only 17 days. Awesome!

• SuperSaiyanEva
    Options
    55/100
  • lidenalex
    Options
    46/60
  • Lilymay2
    Lilymay2 Posts: 2,524 Member
    Options
    Just checking in..... the weather has been so nice and we don't have very much snow here in Saskatchewan so I have walked outside whenever I can. We are also renovating our basement so my TV & DVD player and Leslie DVD's are under plastic....

December goal - 100 miles
    - so far 56.8 miles...