December Chat

Options

Replies

• Wooken3
    Wooken3 Posts: 634 Member
    Options
    :D I found Tastykakes!!

Being a hug fan of the Stephanie Plum series, I was thrilled to finally get to taste a Tastykake -- YUM!! Good thing Stephanie is always chasing after bail jumpers to burn off those calories!!

:\ No pictures or gif for awhile as we are living out of the RV over the Holidays and they are just too hard to do on a small screen.

In fact, I'm posting while sitting on a picnic table with my morning coffee right now in San Diego enjoying the sun rise. And yes...I had the Chocolate Kandy Kake with my morning coffee :)

Happy Holidays Everyone!!

w3
  • grandmothercharlie
    grandmothercharlie Posts: 1,361 Member
    Options
    It's been a busy two weeks for me! Lots of work, work, work! Welcome any newbies! You will like it here!

Tomorrow the whole family thing! It is so much fun with the grandkids! I don't think of Christmas as a foodie holiday like Thanksgiving. We will have a ham, but we have decided to make it more like a summer-time buffet rather than a formal dinner. We will have a brunch and then snacks throughout the day. At dinner the ham with baked beans, pasta salad, etc. I sure don't want to spend the day cooking. No one else does either.

After that the year is almost over! Can't wait to see what 2015 brings! Hopefully, my weight loss goal!

Happy Holidays to everyone no matter where you are or what you celebrate!

animated-christmas-image-0885.gif

Grandmother Charlie

56604121.png
  • DamitJanit
    DamitJanit Posts: 1,329 Member
    Options
    MERRY CHRISTMAS to those that celebrate it, and happy day to those that don't. It's a quiet day at my house with daughter all the way across the country and not with us for the first time in her 42 years. I try not to dwell on it and am just happy that she is happy and healthy.
    I am truly grateful for MFP and all you wonderful people. May all your health and weight goals come true in 2015.

Janet in Myrtle Beach, SC
  • grandmothercharlie
    Options
    Had a great Christmas! Glad it is over! A like my quiet life. 8 adults. Two kids. Exhausting!

I got my Community Center membership renewed by my family. In 333 days between when I joined last January and when they bought this membership, I went to the Center 214 times. (It might be a little higher, as I forget to scan my card once in a great while.) I figure the remaining days were two one-week vacations. A few long-weekends away. 2 separate cataract surgeries. One week off because I was too busy at work. Trying to take one day off a week (which I'm not too good at) so these usually happen just naturally as I have other plans after work. Holidays. And, sometimes when the weather was nice, I would do all my exercise outdoors. I can really only think of a few times that I "just didn't feel like it." I'm proud of myself for that and it is a huge lifestyle change!

All my gifts (except one) were health and fitness related. My gym/community center membership. Tai Chi classes to start in January. Yoga pants (much smaller than the last pair). Fitbit Charge (which I will keep out of the shower). B&B gift certificate for a stressfree one-night getaway! I can think of a time when I might have been disappointed with those gifts (except for the getaway, of course). This year, the best gifts ever!!!!

I hope you all had a great day! We have a new year coming and I'm excited!

• DamitJanit
    DamitJanit Posts: 1,329 Member
    Options
    Charlie, you are terrific and have done such a great job. You are a real inspiration. Like you say, it's about a lifestyle change.

I was on a little road trip with a friend on Christmas eve and noticed that everywhere we went, she was telling me about some restaurant. I think I used to think about eating all the time and now I really don't. When she would mention some place and the wonderful specialties they have, I would only think, "I don't eat that". I truly have no desire to eat most of the things that are really high in calories.

We had a nice, quiet Christmas. The best part of it for me is that I woke up 1/2 pound lighter this morning. That was a nice surprise. I'm loving this journey!

I hope you all had a great day and can't wait to read all about it.
    Janet in Myrtle Beach, SC
  • retirehappy
    retirehappy Posts: 4,757 Member
    Options
    Janet, nice Christmas surprise!

Gcharlie, those gifts are great ones. I know you'll put them all to good use.

Off to shovel some snow, I was bad, very bad yesterday and have to start correcting that, but I got the gift of snow on Christmas Day night, so plenty of white stuff around to work off some calories.

Happy Hollies.
  • jeanmrob
    jeanmrob Posts: 634 Member
    Options
    Welcome NEKrebel..... this is a great group!

Our Sri Lankan Christmas Eve was fabulous....lovely people and great cooking........all different curries so I took plain boiled rice and a small bit of each one....they had toned down the spiciness in our honour! :D

Christmas Day with our son as cook.....and as we have now come home he was careful not to over cater and leave us tempted by a lot f left overs.....I will not get weighed until next week...well, I might...lol.....but so far so good I think.... not tracking until January 5th but trying not to go crazy....... managed a walk in Regents Park on Thursday, a Christmas morning walk yesterday and a walk to the supermarket today........12,000, 7,000 and 10.000 steps over the three days.....

Jean
  • Wooken3
    Wooken3 Posts: 634 Member
    Options
    And the Holiday fun continues... We have decided to stay in San Diego till Monday morning for a bit of extra time with the Granddaughter and family. I love all of us being "stuffed" into a small beach house during the day -- great togetherness! And then Hubby and I go back to the RV at night for some quite time, sleep, followed be a slow moving morning the next day. The very best arrangement for us all!! And I'm a 20 minute bike ride away for the beach house that is 1/2 block away from Mission Beach. I'm really loving this tradition of having Christmas in San Diego :) And the DD is doing all the cooking at the beach house. How great is that?!?
  • jeanmrob
    jeanmrob Posts: 634 Member
    Options
    Sounds fabulous!

Jean
  • JoanLovell
    JoanLovell Posts: 127 Member
    Options
    One of my sons re-located to San Diego last year and I'm hoping to visit sometime this Spring. A dedicated New Englander, he was shocked at how much he loves it there. Sounds like you're having a stellar vacation, Wooken3!
  • mwhite61451
    mwhite61451 Posts: 209 Member
    Options
    JoanLovell wrote: »
    One of my sons re-located to San Diego last year and I'm hoping to visit sometime this Spring. A dedicated New Englander, he was shocked at how much he loves it there. Sounds like you're having a stellar vacation, Wooken3!
    Spent 27 years in SD. Was stupid to leave
  • JoanLovell
    Options
    Well, it's been grand but I'm kind of getting ready for this to be over. I found it very frustrating trying to find outfits I could squeeze into for three Christmas parties. I felt embarrassed and uncomfortable but I just wouldn't go out and buy larger clothing. I'm in a grey area between XXL and 1X - and if I go to 1X the shoulders, sleeves and lengths look really wacky. I felt rotten when I saw a niece for the first time in a year and heard my internal voice saying, "Oh look, SHE'S gotten fatter! I don't feel quite so conspicuous."

One the positive side - it has strengthened my resolve to see a better me next year at this time! Let January begin!
  • grandmothercharlie
    Options
    Joan, sounds like you have hit upon the perfect, Aah, Hah, Moment to get you motivated. You'll do it.
  • CrisEBTrue
    CrisEBTrue Posts: 454 Member
    Options
    Good morning!
    Yes.. it's me. After a too-long hiatus, I'm back.. and so is the weight I lost before. *oops*

I am so inspired by those of you (especially bvifun) who have stuck with it and lost weight.

Small complaints: it takes so long to load up the food diary sometimes (and I have a fast computer/ connection) that it is frustrating..
    And the other is just my disappointment in ME. I never liked exercise, still don't and clearly I'm going to have to force myself to work at it.

That's it for today.

Onward and upward. I hope. (downward?)

o:)
  • JoanLovell
    Options
    Welcome Crisbtrue! I've also signed on recently and am also sittin' on my burgeoning derriere way too much. For me, this group has been as helpful as a any weight loss group I've ever attended -- and the fact that there are so many positive members who've made real progress and real lifestyle changes makes me feel like maybe I can do it too.
  • JoanLovell
    Options
    Thanks Grandmother Charlie!
  • bvifun
    bvifun Posts: 402 Member
    Options
    Hey! Crisbtrue! How nice to see your smiling face again! I admire you for doing this again and not just giving up. If you remember, when I started, I could not do any exercise...so you can do it too! :smiley:
  • mxchana
    mxchana Posts: 666 Member
    edited December 2014
    Options
    Waving hello, Cris! I'm sure most, if not all, of us can relate to having to hit the "reset" button - I know I certainly can! Great that you are back.Yaisse.gif
  • debneeds2beskinny
    debneeds2beskinny Posts: 227 Member
    Options
    Hello everyone! I logged my food (somewhat) over the past week, just taking a little break. The damage from Thanksgiving through Christmas was two lbs, hope to get that off this week and get motivated again! Hope everyone had a Merry Christmas, we had great weather here in FL. Only one rainy day and the rest warm and sunny. I have only one day of work this week - so excited for that. Hope everyone has a safe and joyous New Year's Eve!
  • CrisEBTrue
    CrisEBTrue Posts: 454 Member
    Options
    It feels good to be back, and it even feels good to be exercising again.

While we were vacationing this past summer, I did something to my back/ hip... and for about 3 months I was going up and down the stairs sideways, one step at a time. I tried to exercise thru it but..then one of my knees started to complain. :s So I just "took it easy". TOO long!

I really HAVE to exercise just to NOT gain weight. I eat much less now than I ever have in my entire life.. so even ONE cookie and NO exercise creates a serious math problem.

And I made Christmas cookies AND a big coffee cake, so.... well. Enough said. >:)

I will be getting some exercise taking the Christmas decorations down and putting them away!!

tyw0dfriwk07.jpg