December Goals

Options
13»

Replies

• canadianlbs
    canadianlbs Posts: 5,199 Member
    Options
    i feel pretty inconclusive and between-betwixt still at the end of this month, with all the shoulder/neck stuff and trying to rebuild some things from the ground up. so inconclusive results, but i have only inconclusive regrets about it.

squats: 100lb. yeaaaahhhh . . . kind of. more like 'in the ballpark of' and i'm still never sure every time i go in if i'll be on it or under it. but i guess i can say i got there.

bench: 70lb. i did this once, right before all the chiropractor stuff and my neck. i don't feel like i failed at it, but don't feel like i 'did' it either.

rows: 70lb. eff rows. that's all, just effing eff them.

ohp: 55lb. 50 last time. not sure how conclusive that was.

deadlift: dunno. 120? i like 5x5 deadlifts more than just 1x5, but i'll see how this goes.

bike: once again, going to try get at least one session of sprinting in every week pffftthahahahahahahaha. still, i rode. and i rode the heavy ice-tired bike a good chunk of the time.

weight: for this month i won't really care. and i didn't. but tbh i do kind of care now. not ready to admit it out loud yet, but still.

general: continue the core work - planks if nothing else. stretch and roll more consistently, especially upper body. get my shoulders/neck sorted out. eat more betterly, i.e. just eat. well, i did the stretch/roll/shoulder/neck thing. and i did the eating. planks i did not do, because shoulder again.

january: i think pretty much a december do-over, with the addition that re-evaluating all this made me see the core stuff absolutely needs my attention this month. pretty sure it's limiting me in the squats and the deads. this month was so variable, i just want to find out/establish a clean and consistent baseline weight for all the lifts again.
  • TravelsWithHuckleberry
    Options
    @Canadian -- I feel like you're selling yourself short here. I don't remember you saying your goals wouldn't count if they weren't perfect. You reached 100 lbs. on squats -- own that! You got to your 70 lb. goal on bench -- who cares if it was only once?! You absolutely DID it! Celebrate those wins!

And your other accomplishments are also worth celebrating! You're the only person I know who gets three-pound ice tires and looks forward to black ice. You took care of your back/shoulder/neck -- by doing what you could and skipping the stuff that would exacerbate the issues.

Bottom line: DON'T SELL YOURSELF SHORT! YOU'RE AWESOME!

xoxox,
    C.
  • ScientificExplorerGirl
    ScientificExplorerGirl Posts: 535 Member
    edited January 2015
    Options
    My goals are to stick with the program and increase in weight (or reps until I can increase weight).

Long-term I would like to get stronger and more muscular while decreasing my % body fat. I am not really restricting calories now. I hope to increase in muscle mass and then will lose weight while on highish protein to retain my lbm while losing %bf. I know it's going to be a slow road, but I am up for it.

I've been steadily increasing my weights and working on form. I got some feedback about my squat--I have a forward lean and hip flexibility doesn't all me to go to parallel. I have received some suggestions and will work on that. For anyone who is interested or would like to comment my squat can be seen here: youtu.be/ckIBVXv-FgY

@katro111‌ I am very interested in your experience with recomping and cutting. I am doing TDEE method. I'm eating TDEE on lifting days, TDEE-400 on other days. If my calorie burn is very high on non-lifting days (arbitrarily 500 cals or higher) then I will decrease the deficit depending on how hungry I am.