The Spreadsheet - Discussion

Options
balancedwalker
balancedwalker Posts: 686 Member
edited January 2015 in Social Groups
I want to share an important concept about the group spreadsheet and I can bet that you would have never had one like this before. Here is it:

Each member will enter their current weight - whenever they like and how often do they like. The group do not have any weigh in deadlines. However, the group do have exactly 10 ranking milestones. I will update the Progress and all Ranking Sheets on these milestone dates based on your weight on the milestone day. This will ensure that you will always be part of the experience once you joined the group and added your details to the spreadsheet.

Let me know if you have any comments/questions.

Replies

• SingRunTing
    SingRunTing Posts: 2,604 Member
    Options
    When will the spreadsheet be updated on ranking days? In the morning or later in the day? I'm planning on weighing in for each ranking day like I'm doing with the current challenge and want to know if I can add my weight that morning or if I need to weigh in the day before.
  • balancedwalker
    edited December 2014
    Options
    This is the most interesting part. You can update any time to reflect your current weight. The progress and ranking sheets will be updated towards the end of the milestone day. I will explain this in little detail later today.
  • frazz007
    frazz007 Posts: 771 Member
    Options
    A small technical question as I have not worked with google docs. Is there a save button?
    (laugh away experienced people). thanks
  • balancedwalker
    Options
    No save button. Everything you enter is saved instantly in the google cloud.
  • frazz007
    frazz007 Posts: 771 Member
    Options
    Thank You! That explains why I couldn't find it.
  • OrangeBabelfish
    OrangeBabelfish Posts: 67 Member
    Options
    So I have just joined and added my details to the first tab. But on which tab do I update my current weight once we start on the milestones? Do I update the current weight on the first tab, or on the progress tab?
  • balancedwalker
    edited January 2015
    Options
    Yes, on the first tab - Weigh In. Progress tab is locked and is automated to get weight from the first tab.
  • hrwesterberg
    hrwesterberg Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    ok normally not this technology challenged but I cant figure out how to add my details on the spreadsheet. any tips?
  • hrwesterberg
    hrwesterberg Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    nvm I think I got it!!!
  • balancedwalker
    Options
    You will need to use the desktop or laptop to do so. Using any mobile devices will requiring installing Google Drive and Google Sheets Apps on your mobile devices. As unfriendly it may sound we encourage members to add their details themselves. Also, note that ONLY the Weigh In sheet could be changed and all members are expected to enter their current weight under the current weight column. I hope that help.
  • balancedwalker
    edited January 2015
    Options
    Around 40+ members at the moment still need to add their details to the spreadsheet. Please note that you will be missing an important aspect of the challenge if you do not add your details (and then update as the time progresses) to the group spreadsheet. Post here if you have any questions regarding the spreadsheet.
  • Courtneycox17
    Options
    I have a question... What's the point of this group? What's the goal here? (Other than loose weight obviously)
  • balancedwalker
    Options
    I have a question... What's the point of this group? What's the goal here? (Other than loose weight obviously)

We let all members set their goals on the group spreadsheet and expect them to update it every 10 days or sooner. We call each of these 10 days a milestone. Members are ranked based on the %age goal achieved by each milestone. The achieved goal is compared to the time elapsed to date and that helps members to know if they are on track or not. We have a very lively community with daily threads where members post their goals, report on how the day passed and even share their interests/concerns.
  • balancedwalker
    Options
    The sense of setting your own goal, tracking it and seeing others marching towards their goal (which give you that group feel and motivates you) is the bottom line of the group. In addition, we set a single number of weight loss for the whole group (on spreadsheet). That number is also tracked at each milestone. I will also suggest to check our first group spreadsheet/forums to see how we did the business of conducting this challenge.
  • CaseSea13
    CaseSea13 Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    Quick question here! If we already added our info to the spreadsheet, can we update it (current weight or goal) before the challenge begins on the 11th? In other words, are we already locked in if we have already added our info our does it lock on the 11th? Hope that made sense. Thanks!
  • balancedwalker
    Options
    CaseSea13 wrote: »
    Quick question here! If we already added our info to the spreadsheet, can we update it (current weight or goal) before the challenge begins on the 11th? In other words, are we already locked in if we have already added our info our does it lock on the 11th? Hope that made sense. Thanks!

You can update any time - both before and during the challenge. The group intent is to make it as easier and as flexible for the members as possible. Weigh In tab/sheet will remain open. The Progress tab/sheet is and will remain locked.

• balancedwalker
    Options
    The spreadsheet will be sorted alphabetically on January 10. Any members who add their details after the sort or have incomplete entries (weight and/or goal) will have their names at the bottom of the list. To maintain the name/entry in the spreadsheet members need to add at least once their weight and goal by January 18. If any one is not able to add their details then they can message that to me by January 10. I will update the info for them only once. For future they have to figure it out themselves
  • CaseSea13
    CaseSea13 Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    Great thanks for clarifying
  • Kava532
    Kava532 Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    Hi!
    Im using my IPad. I've downloaded the Google Drive and sheet app as suggested but I'm still unable to write in my info. Please help!
  • balancedwalker
    Options
    You will also need Google Sheet App.